Deandre Ain't Him

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Re: Deandre Ain't Him 

Post#161 » by enigmatics » Thu May 11, 2023 5:20 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:People asking for him to be involved in the offense, I really hope you can experience that in your own team.

Then you will get to experience the amazing "shy away from contact at all costs" skills, "get the ball with a clear path to the basket, spin to the other side and shoot a contested fade away jumper" skills, "watch the opponent grab the off rebounds" skills, "get the ball under the basket, wait until you are guarded, pump fake a thousand times, miss the basket" skills, and more.

Then watch him give interviews saying he doesn't lack motor, he runs on Tesla batteries, call himself DominAyton :lol:, provide cringy cliches quotes and so much more. It'll be awesome.

He looks like a fun nice guy, but i'm done. :lol:

It's like an ingredient list for sheer aggravation. The worst is the clear path somehow being turned into a contested fade away jumper. :banghead:

Don't forget getting the ball slapped out of his hands by a sagging defender during one of his weak attempts to turn and back into the paint. Dude totally lacks peripheral awareness.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,300

Post#162 » by Calvin Klein » Thu May 11, 2023 5:31 pm

enigmatics wrote:
It's like an ingredient list for sheer aggravation. The worst is the clear path somehow being turned into a contested fade away jumper. :banghead:

Don't forget getting the ball slapped out of his hands by a sagging defender during one of his weak attempts to turn and back into the paint. Dude totally lacks peripheral awareness.

right, how could i forget the constant strips and blocks by smaller guys under the basket. *chef's kiss*
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#163 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu May 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Could be another wiggins situation for a team to buy low.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Post#164 » by handsome salary » Thu May 11, 2023 5:37 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:People asking for him to be involved in the offense, I really hope you can experience that in your own team.

Then you will get to experience the amazing "shy away from contact at all costs" skills, "get the ball with a clear path to the basket, spin to the other side and shoot a contested fade away jumper" skills, "watch the opponent grab the off rebounds" skills, "get the ball under the basket, wait until you are guarded, pump fake a thousand times, miss the basket" skills, and more.

Then watch him give interviews saying he doesn't lack motor, he runs on Tesla batteries, call himself DominAyton :lol:, provide cringy cliches quotes and so much more. It'll be awesome.

You forgot the "patty cake" tip in tries (even unguarded) and the 2 seconds or more decision making.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#165 » by enigmatics » Thu May 11, 2023 5:44 pm

handsome salary wrote:

You forgot the "patty cake" tip in tries (even unguarded) and the 2 seconds or more decision making.

Holy sh- you're right - it does look like he's playing patty cake during most of those pathetic tip in attempts.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#166 » by LloydFree » Thu May 11, 2023 8:18 pm

DeAndre Ayton is trrrash. I haven't seen a more shameful effort in on a basketball court since Ben Simmons in game 7 against the Hawks.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,596

Post#167 » by og15 » Fri May 12, 2023 1:26 am

Billl wrote:I guess people forgot, but it used to be a common NBA rule - if you want your star scoring center to be engaged, you have to give him touches. You don't hear it much anymore since there are so few low post centers , but all the old school pg's knew that.

If you don't want to run an offense like that in the modern nba, don't give out max contracts to a guy like ayton. This is not some new personality quirk the suns didn't know about. If you don't give him touches, he's gonna be complaining. He's not going to take it as a personal challenge and just go dominate the offensive boards to get his looks. That's true 10x when the guy he is guarding is getting the ball on every possession and forcing him to defend.

If you want a center that's just going to do out and play defense, rebound, and be happy with the occasional lob.... that's not him. May as well sign a much cheaper center that actually wants to play that way.

Paul seems to be the main guy who looks to get him the ball, so probably doesn't help him that Paul is out.

Yes, there's an understanding that in order to keep your big engaged and active, you get him touches to keep him motivated.

Some teams would just run a post up for the big to start the game even if it might end up being a "wasted" possession, just to get him energized.

Return to The General Board