LeBron played with a torn tendon in foot for 2 months

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Kawaii Leonard
Junior
And1: 497

Re: LeBron played with a torn tendon in foot for 2 months 

Post#181 » by Kawaii Leonard » Sat May 27, 2023 12:45 am

VanWest82 wrote:
CrabDribbler wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:I don't twitter. I come here for actual discussion, but that becomes less enjoyable when posters don't know how to do that. And it isn't even that name calling necessarily bothers as it can be funny if done with some tact, but running around calling people trolls and idiots and lacking basic reading comprehension when faced with a rebuttal is the kind of low resolution, ad hominem-lieu-of-thought that brings nothing to the table and brings down the forum.

DorianRo wrote:trying to protect LeShrunkenBalls from being swept for a 30th time..

I know a troll when I see one. Interesting how you think that I’m the one lacking reading comprehension skills.

I didn't say you lacked reading comprehension skills. You accused others of lacking reading comprehension skills.

If it was just one poster, I wouldn't have said anything, but you called me specifically "dumb" and "sheep" and you called another poster an "idiot" for fairly benign takes. Even with the above poster, are they running around posting inflammatory stuff in every Lebron thread? You showed up out of nowhere after like 10 years. How would you even know?

“and lacking basic reading comprehension when faced with a rebuttal”

You’re funny. We are on a forum, there are rebuttals everywhere and you literally just said the same thing about me that I did about you. Stop getting emotional over it and the word “sheep”. Also lol at gatekeeping a public message board over post count-to-account age as credibility.
WarriorGM wrote:Steph is the greatest playmaker of all-time.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#182 » by VanWest82 » Sat May 27, 2023 12:50 am

The irony here is too much. I tried. I'm done.
Kawaii Leonard
Junior

Post#183 » by Kawaii Leonard » Sat May 27, 2023 12:54 am

Hypocrisy at its finest. The fact that this is over you finding “lacking reading comprehension” offensive while using it the very next reply and also actually lacking it makes it even more ironic. Truly.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,606

Post#184 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat May 27, 2023 12:56 am

You had to know this was going to come out as soon as he was eliminated....LeBron is injured its the only way he didn't win....its been the same thing for the last several years...lets face that this Lakers team wasn't great and they ran into a juggernaught with the Nuggets
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,522

Post#185 » by Jazz9 » Sat May 27, 2023 1:37 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:You had to know this was going to come out as soon as he was eliminated....LeBron is injured its the only way he didn't win....its been the same thing for the last several years...lets face that this Lakers team wasn't great and they ran into a juggernaught with the Nuggets

LeBron said after the series was over that the Nuggets were the best team he faced in his 4 years as a Laker
Doesn't sound like "we lost because I was injured" to me
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,606

Post#186 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:09 am

Jazz9 wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:You had to know this was going to come out as soon as he was eliminated....LeBron is injured its the only way he didn't win....its been the same thing for the last several years...lets face that this Lakers team wasn't great and they ran into a juggernaught with the Nuggets

LeBron said after the series was over that the Nuggets were the best team he faced in his 4 years as a Laker
Doesn't sound like "we lost because I was injured" to me

You are right, but i wasn't necessarily referring to LeBron's narrative but more the mainstream media's narrative of LeBron. I'm not the biggest LBJ fan in the world that's for certain but i have come to respect him in recent years especailly the more he talks about his opponents
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,326

Post#187 » by JordansBulls » Sat May 27, 2023 2:10 am

He had a soft cast on his arm the last time he was swept.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#188 » by BoatsNZones » Sat May 27, 2023 2:16 am

CrabDribbler wrote:Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte.

Sure, you absolute clown. Explain yourself for me RE "Lebron was 2nd in production prior to injury".

Strike personal attack
-zimpy27
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#189 » by VanWest82 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:19 am

CrabDribbler wrote:Hypocrisy at its finest. The fact that this is over you finding “lacking reading comprehension” offensive while using it the very next reply and also actually lacking it makes it even more ironic. Truly.

Even if you read that sentence initially believing I was accusing you, once I clarified that it was a statement in conjunction with you accusing others of being idiots and trolls (i.e. as well as you accusing others of lacking reading comprehension which you did), one would think you'd either admit to it and either retract or apologize or something else. You sitting here telling me what I meant by it is hilarious, and just shows to anyone reading that you'll stoop to any level to avoid taking responsibility for the things you say.
Kawaii Leonard
Junior

Post#190 » by Kawaii Leonard » Sat May 27, 2023 2:33 am

VanWest82 wrote:
CrabDribbler wrote:Hypocrisy at its finest. The fact that this is over you finding “lacking reading comprehension” offensive while using it the very next reply and also actually lacking it makes it even more ironic. Truly.

Even if you read that sentence initially believing I was accusing you, once I clarified that it was a statement in conjunction with you accusing others of being idiots and trolls (i.e. as well as you accusing others of lacking reading comprehension which you did), one would think you'd either admit to it and either retract or apologize or something else. You sitting here telling me what I meant by it is hilarious, and just shows to anyone reading that you'll stoop to any level to avoid taking responsibility for the things you say.

Back from reading time buddy? I thought you were done here? I’m not surprised considering you don’t remember what you type it seems. Read the red text up there, I’m not here to get lectured by a hypocrite. Much less one that “lacks basic reading comprehension skills when faced with a rebuttal”. Again your reading needs work, I said I’ll tone it down already. “I’ll refrain from making this any more apparent with no no words and play nice.”
vagelis
Starter
And1: 795

Post#191 » by vagelis » Sat May 27, 2023 2:52 am

I don't think it is possible to play with a torn tendon in the foot especially for an extended period.
I just don't believe it.
James didn't seem to be in pain at all.
And Furthermore what exactly is this mysterious torn tendon? Have they said the name of the tendon? I always read that a player has this tendon teared but never an unspecified tendon.
Will they take a decision later about the exact injury type?

I just believe that he may had a small injury and remembered this after the sweep.

Furthermore 2 months recovery after a surgery for a torn tendon seems very short time and also weird to me.
It is more like the perfect time in order James to have his 2 month vacation and then come back and train for the next season.
I don't believe this surgery story too
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,688

Post#192 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:06 am

The4thHorseman wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:You going give us the list of excuses he's made every season where he's missed the playoffs or when he didn't win the title? You seem like the type who would keep track of every word he says.

So to start out, what were his excuses for missing the playoffs in 2004 and 2005? You can keep going from there.

Lol come on man you probably have Space Jam 2 posters on your bedroom wall. Your hero is sitting on the couch watching the finals again. Enjoy!

Just as I thought, make claims but can't back them up. Basically talking out of your ass.

SS,DD

2018 LeCast
2019 Injury
2020 he got 4 months rest after the nba shut down for covid
2021 injury
2022 injury
2023 injury

What am i missing then?
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#193 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:09 am

Marrrcuss wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
I'll be around for your next attempt at lying too, lol

Lol so sweet of you. Wasnt he rock climbing the following week?

Absolutely no idea. I don't follow him around like his haters. I don't even watch his barber shop show.....unlike yall, I'm sure. I bet youre watching it just to find something to use against him.

I didnt even know he had a barber shop talk show. I dont even watch Lakers games cause i have no interest in watching the guy play. I read a report about it after the 2018 finals. You think the media was lying then?
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#194 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:11 am

letskissbro wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Lol so sweet of you. Wasnt he rock climbing the following week?

Absolutely no idea. I don't follow him around like his haters. I don't even watch his barber shop show.....unlike yall, I'm sure. I bet youre watching it just to find something to use against him.

Being a fan is perfectly normal. Hating a basketball player so much that you feel the need to spend hours a day online maligning his character requires mental illness mixed with a deranged level of obsession.

Imagine how embarrassed this creature's parents must be.

Im a creature cause i dont like lebron james? Sounds like you are shedding tears cause someone doesnt like your hero. Pretty sad
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,990

Post#195 » by nikster » Sat May 27, 2023 3:23 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Lol come on man you probably have Space Jam 2 posters on your bedroom wall. Your hero is sitting on the couch watching the finals again. Enjoy!

Just as I thought, make claims but can't back them up. Basically talking out of your ass.

SS,DD

2018 LeCast
2019 Injury
2021 injury
2022 injury
2023 injury

What am i missing then?

21 he wasn't injured in playoffs
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#196 » by VanWest82 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:27 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271707/Source-Close-To-LeBron-James-Expects-Him-To-Play-Next-Season
Well that was fast. Will the announcement that he in fact does not need surgery because the injury wasn't actually that serious be as quick to follow?
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#197 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 am

nikster wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:Just as I thought, make claims but can't back them up. Basically talking out of your ass.

SS,DD

2018 LeCast
2019 Injury
2021 injury
2022 injury
2023 injury

What am i missing then?

Pretty sure he or his people claimed he wasnt fully recovered from the ankle sprain he suffered in March against Atlanta….im about positive on that man
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#198 » by Goomba3666 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:35 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
nikster wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
2018 LeCast
2019 Injury
2021 injury
2022 injury
2023 injury

What am i missing then?

Playing PHX and they went up with AD. AD went down, media expected him to STILL beat PHX without AD. No talk of injury.

They got back door swept, media and fans said he was injured..

Pretty sure he or his people claimed he wasnt fully recovered from the ankle sprain he suffered in March against Atlanta….im about positive on that man
Kawaii Leonard
Junior

Post#199 » by Kawaii Leonard » Sat May 27, 2023 3:44 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
CrabDribbler wrote:Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte.

Sure, you absolute clown. Explain yourself for me RE "Lebron was 2nd in production prior to injury".

What part are you confused on clown? I’m saying his production was second to AD prior to his injury and very close as 1a and 1b with only a 9 Ortg difference. Totally different player post injury, AD had to carry many games.

Strike for personal attack
-zimpy27
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,555

Post#200 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 27, 2023 4:04 am

Locking this as it's out of control.

Had to hand out a few strikes for personal attacks. Yeah people have bad takes or takes you disagree with.
Doesn't mean you get to call people names
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to The General Board