2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

Rustyman
Junior
And1: 504

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (OKC leads 1-0) 

Post#1941 » by Rustyman » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 am

Mrakar wrote:I think we finally reached the point where Thunder decide to stop Giddey experiment. There is no need to start him anymore. Yes they could do it against Pelicans bcs it didnt matter, but in game as important as these are you cant give your opponent free pass.
Giddey is -20 in 10 minutes...

Would you trade Josh Giddey for 2 seconds. Speaking as a Spurs fan.
Petergrifindor
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,667

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1942 » by Petergrifindor » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 am

Jesus... just put the guy in the ice tub.

Read on Twitter
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 8,770

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1943 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 am

Just ignoring that team's theoereticals again. Just sore losers like their star. LOL
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 29,043

Post#1944 » by mademan » Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 am

LaLover11 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
Revived wrote:OKC is very, very fortunate that they did not get the Kings matchup in round 1.

A smaller Mavs team outrebounded them and had 12 offensive rebounds. Sabonis and Fox alone may have had 20 boards each honestly.

Thunder will be a good team for years to come…they’re just too young and scrawny right now. They need some muscle/strength in their guys and that will come with time.

Luka, great player but not known for his strength exactly, bodying up their starting C should be a tell.

Agreed. Fixed it for ya.

Nah Lakers and LeBron would've beat the Kings in a 1 game elimination. LeBron is one of the best game 7 players in NBA history, so I would bet he would've found a way to lead his team with AD to make the playoffs.

If it was 7 game series vs the Kings maybe I would believe it but not a 1 game elimination.

It should've been Lakers vs Mavs in the 2nd round

Lol at just assuming the Lakers would beat OKC. Same fans that had vegas open with Suns as a fav over Wolves

Usually when a team is better all year, theyre better in the playoffs too. Not always, but far more often than not
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,129

Post#1945 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 4:54 am

LaLover11 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
Revived wrote:OKC is very, very fortunate that they did not get the Kings matchup in round 1.

A smaller Mavs team outrebounded them and had 12 offensive rebounds. Sabonis and Fox alone may have had 20 boards each honestly.

Thunder will be a good team for years to come…they’re just too young and scrawny right now. They need some muscle/strength in their guys and that will come with time.

Luka, great player but not known for his strength exactly, bodying up their starting C should be a tell.

Agreed. Fixed it for ya.

Nah Lakers and LeBron would've beat the Kings in a 1 game elimination. LeBron is one of the best game 7 players in NBA history, so I would bet he would've found a way to lead his team with AD to make the playoffs.

If it was 7 game series vs the Kings maybe I would believe it but not a 1 game elimination.

Nobody cares about hypothetical scenarios for the Lakers or hypothetical trades for the Lakers. They're done until October.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 15,245

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1)uu 

Post#1946 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 10, 2024 4:56 am

SweetTouch wrote:Lively +18 on 20 minutes played

2 pts
4 rebounds

Wtf

He made the Thunder work in the paint and forced extra passes due to his size. Both Mavs centers played well. Don't let the box score fool you.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 6,316

Post#1947 » by jkvonny » Fri May 10, 2024 4:57 am

LaLover11 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:

Agreed. Fixed it for ya.

Nah Laker and LeBron would've lost the Kings again in a 1 game elimination. LeBron is one of the best game 7 players in NBA history, so I would bet he would've found a way to lead his team with AD to make the playoffs. But the Kings have owned the Lakers for years now. Sabonis def owns AD.

If it was 7 game series vs the Kings for sure Sacramento.
It should've been Kingss vs Mavs in the 2nd roun
d

Agreed.

Fixed it for ya.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 6,316

Post#1948 » by jkvonny » Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:Agreed. Fixed it for ya.

Nobody cares about hypothetical scenarios for the Lakers or hypothetical trades for the Lakers. They're done until October.

These Lakers fans still draggin their team in their these game threads. :lol:
LaLover11
Analyst
And1: 1,729

Post#1949 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

jkvonny wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:Agreed. Fixed it for ya.

Nah Laker and LeBron would've lost the Kings again in a 1 game elimination. LeBron is one of the best game 7 players in NBA history, so I would bet he would've found a way to lead his team with AD to make the playoffs. But the Kings have owned the Lakers for years now. Sabonis def owns AD.

If it was 7 game series vs the Kings for sure Sacramento.
It should've been Kingss vs Mavs in the 2nd roun
d

Agreed.

Fixed it for ya.

Thanks Man you're the best :D
Go Mavs!
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,644

Post#1950 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 5:04 am

OKC missed a ton of open shots down the stretch. They played like an inexperienced team tonight. But can some of the guys grow from that?
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 8,770

Post#1951 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 10, 2024 5:06 am

The Thunder obviously can't survive losing the next two road games and go down 1-3 in this series. If they want a shot at this one they must steal one of the next 2. i think they are capable but i feel we have a Kyrie special coming up, especially playing at home back in Dallas.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
MrGoat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,830

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1)uu 

Post#1952 » by MrGoat » Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 am

SweetTouch wrote:Lively +18 on 20 minutes played

2 pts
4 rebounds

Wtf

Once he settled in his defense was as good as his offense was bad in this one (and this is the worst offensive performance I've ever seen out of him). One of the Jalen Williams' even airballed a layup one time when he was in the vicinity. He's a rookie who still needs some polishing, but a 7' 8" wingspan is still just a really good defensive weapon to have
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,848

Post#1953 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 am

Read on Twitter
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,338

Post#1954 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 10, 2024 5:15 am

Good game Dallas, I expected a bounce-back performance and they brought it. They also won me almost a grand, so good on them for doing that specifically for me. :D

On OKC side, they need to coordinate better rotations after their hard doubles. Too many open threes which obviously Dallas took advantage of. Dags may have to finally bite the bullet and shorten the rotation. I don't want to see much of Giddey or Hayward. Shai, Dub, Chet, Dort, Wiggins, Wallace, Joe, Jwill should be the 8 man rotation. This is the playoffs and all of these guys are young. Thibs would find a way to play all 8 guys 48 minutes, they can handle it.

I'm not going to read the comments because I'm too emotionally invested and I can only handle the huge overreactions after each game if they favor my team like they did after game 1. :D

See ya'll Saturday.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 29,043

Post#1955 » by mademan » Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 am

durden_tyler wrote:The Thunder obviously can't survive losing the next two road games and go down 1-3 in this series. If they want a shot at this one they must steal one of the next 2. i think they are capable but i feel we have a Kyrie special coming up, especially playing at home back in Dallas.

Theyre trapping Kyrie and Luka and sending doubles and packing the paint. Luka is capable of stepping back and draining 3's over contests but Kyrie is just giving it up if he's doubled and trusting the teammates. This is the NBA. It is wild to me that OKC is just willing to give up wide open corner 3's all game long. Sure, DJJ/PJ/Green are shaky shooters, but these are short corner 3's.

Doesnt seem like a good long term strategy. I get that they dont have a lot of size and theyre worried about Kyrie/Luka drives, but letting Dallas put up 37 3pa seems like a losing math play
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1956 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 5:20 am

Patches Perry wrote:Good game Dallas, I expected a bounce-back performance and they brought it. They also won me almost a grand, so good on them for doing that specifically for me. :D

On OKC side, they need to coordinate better rotations after their hard doubles. Too many open threes which obviously Dallas took advantage of. Dags may have to finally bite the bullet and shorten the rotation. I don't want to see much of Giddey or Hayward. Shai, Dub, Chet, Dort, Wiggins, Wallace, Joe, Jwill should be the 8 man rotation. This is the playoffs and all of these guys are young. Thibs would find a way to play all 8 guys 48 minutes, they can handle it.

I'm not going to read the comments because I'm too emotionally invested and I can only handle the huge overreactions after each game if they favor my team like they did after game 1. :D

See ya'll Saturday.

That's funny because I've been calling Daignault the anti Thibs for about half a season. MD utilizes his roster in a way many of us wish Thibs would to preserve his guys but there's a cost to that too.

Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,338

Post#1957 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 am

Capn'O wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:Good game Dallas, I expected a bounce-back performance and they brought it. They also won me almost a grand, so good on them for doing that specifically for me. :D

See ya'll Saturday.

That's funny because I've been calling Daignault the anti Thibs for about half a season. MD utilizes his roster in a way many of us wish Thibs would to preserve his guys but there's a cost to that too.

Absolutely, I prefer Dags approach to Thibs 99% of the time. I just hope he is flexible enough to adapt to the 1% where he needs to be more like Thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1958 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 5:24 am

Patches Perry wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

See ya'll Saturday.

Absolutely, I prefer Dags approach to Thibs 99% of the time. I just hope he is flexible enough to adapt to the 1% where he needs to be more like Thibs.

Thibs is a maniac.

Berbasecks
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#1959 » by Berbasecks » Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 am

Capn'O wrote:OKC missed a ton of open shots down the stretch. They played like an inexperienced team tonight. But can some of the guys grow from that?

Yet, they had a better FG% than DAL :D. It's super weird, DAL's 3P% was higher than their overall FG%
I am beyond death
Midst a dreaming affinity
Saving strength now, faint whispers
Come erotic communion in its splendour
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,848

Post#1960 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:30 am

Teammates hate Luka...

Teammate:
Read on Twitter
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay

Return to The General Board