Andray Blatche desperately tries to get triple double

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Deity Allah
Junior
And1: 2

Re: Andray Blatche desperately tries to get triple double 

Post#21 » by Deity Allah » Mon Apr 5, 2010 4:48 pm

I watched the game (Since I have Blatche & Mike Miller on my Fantasy Team) and need boards to pull out the win to get me to the chip (Thanks Miller & Blatche) :-)

He was thirsty beyond words in trying to get that last rebound, but I found it more entertaining than anything else.

The kid is wild talented and he was going for his first every triple double. Give him a break ---->
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#22 » by Zin5 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:09 pm

Deity Allah wrote:He was thirsty beyond words in trying to get that last rebound, but I found it more entertaining than anything else.

The kid is wild talented and he was going for his first every triple double. Give him a break ---->

This is my view on it pretty much. Give him a few years and he'll turn that thirst for stats into thirst for wins. He really just broke out and on a team that was already terrible, so of course he's going to want to see what he is capable of in the NBA. If he's pulling the same crap in a couple years, then it'll be fair to critique him.
#loveboston
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#23 » by TheBigThree » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:17 pm

You people are kidding yourselves if you don't think that EVERY NBA PLAYER wouldn't try to get the 1 ______ (insert stat here) he needed for a triple double when his team was up by 10 at the end of a game. It's only natural to react the way he did.

That said, he makes up for his great court vision with turnovers in spades. It's just about the only knock on him currently other than his bouts with immaturity.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#24 » by Storm Surge » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:26 pm

If Blatched had REALLY wanted a triple double he would have shot the ball at his own basket trying to get the rebound.

Ricky Davis is rolling over in his grave...
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#25 » by Sothron » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:27 pm

That was Ricky Davis-ish right there. But he's on my fantasy basketball team and I'm in the finals so please keep being selfish Blatche. I need it.
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#26 » by Joseph17 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:32 pm

Storm Surge wrote:If Blatched had REALLY wanted a triple double he would have shot the ball at his own basket trying to get the rebound.

Ricky Davis is rolling over in his grave...

That wouldn't have counted as a shot attempt. He tried to grab his own rebound right before time expired.
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#27 » by The_Answer » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:40 pm

TheBigThree wrote:You people are kidding yourselves if you don't think that EVERY NBA PLAYER wouldn't try to get the 1 ______ (insert stat here) he needed for a triple double when his team was up by 10 at the end of a game. It's only natural to react the way he did.

Um, no. I can understand him diving for boards towards the end of the game, and I marginally accept his reaction, albeit excessive, to Martin grabbing a ball that came literally straight to him. I'll let those slip, HOWEVER, pleading to Yi to give him a free rebound AND sprinting down the court like he was rushing out of a burning building only to attempt and purposely miss a shot to stat-pad for a rebound that even Ricky Davis would be proud of? Not only that, but he did it against a team that was more or less completely unaware of him during the last 4.3 seconds or so, and the team that LOST. It was hilarious, no doubt, but also disrespectful.

It's moments like these that strip the significance of statistics.
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#28 » by TheBigThree » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:46 pm

The_Answer wrote:
TheBigThree wrote:You people are kidding yourselves if you don't think that EVERY NBA PLAYER wouldn't try to get the 1 ______ (insert stat here) he needed for a triple double when his team was up by 10 at the end of a game. It's only natural to react the way he did.

Um, no. I can understand him diving for boards towards the end of the game, and I marginally accept his reaction, albeit excessive, to Martin grabbing a ball that came literally straight to him. I'll let those slip, HOWEVER, pleading to Yi to give him a free rebound AND sprinting down the court like he was rushing out of a burning building only to attempt and purposely miss a shot to stat-pad for a rebound that even Ricky Davis would be proud of? Not only that, but he did it against a team that was more or less completely unaware of him during the last 4.3 seconds or so, and the team that LOST. It was hilarious, no doubt, but also disrespectful.

It's moments like these that strip the significance of statistics.

Is there a way to respectfully call someone an idiot on these boards and not get banned?

Anyway, here are the reasons your post is stupid:
1) You have no idea what he said to Yi. None whatsoever.
2) Ricky Davis shot the ball on his own basket in an attempt to get a triple double.

If the Nets feel disrespected, maybe they should have played slightly harder. Getting beat by double digits against this Wizards team is pretty impressive.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#29 » by Guy986 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:52 pm

That was pretty funny.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#30 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:52 pm

TheBigThree wrote:Is there a way to respectfully call someone an idiot on these boards and not get banned?

I don't know, although I know someone who I might apply the word to.

Anyway, here are the reasons your post is stupid:

Way to try to have a productive debate with someone.

1) You have no idea what he said to Yi. None whatsoever.

Yeah, its not exactly a huge logical leap based on Blatches other actions that this is what went on. Are you Andray's lawyer or something?

2) Ricky Davis shot the ball on his own basket in an attempt to get a triple double.

The point is, he ignored the spirit of the game in favor of stats. Andray's team was ahead by 10+, the game was over, him rushing down court to purposely miss a shot and get his own rebound is just as bad in my book.

If the Nets feel disrespected, maybe they should have played slightly harder. Getting beat by double digits against this Wizards team is pretty impressive.

Honestly, that display made me sick as an unbiased observer and fan of the game of basketball, it has nothing to do with disrespecting the Nets.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#31 » by ponder276 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:56 pm

Blatche is very talented, but such a huge **** idiot. With a different brain this guy would be an absolute star, but as it is you have to wonder what his overall impact would be on a contending team.
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#32 » by seejaydeja » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:59 pm

Trying to stat pad up 10+ against the Nets? Can you go any lower?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,138

Post#33 » by miller31time » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:07 pm

It's stupid and he's obviously not a very bright individual but honestly, it's not a big deal.

He enjoys getting his teammates involved in the game which shows that he's not too self-centered. Yeah, he seems to view statistics more than most and that is definitely not a positive attribute but it's not like he was hurting the team with the way he was playing. Let's keep in mind that he's a very young player, despite being in the NBA for a bit now, and that he's still learning how to be a leader. One can only hope he'll understand what it takes to win and what it takes to be "the man" later in his career.
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#34 » by The_Answer » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:10 pm

As if Tim_Hardaway didn't sufficiently dissect how defensive/idiotic your response was, I also like how you throw in your own baseless assumption towards the end, how can you assume that the Nets didn't play their hardest? For all we know, they may have played their hearts out given that this accounted for one of their last few games of the season.

Ricky Davis shot the ball on his own basket in an attempt to get a triple double

Blatche RUSHED down the court with his team up 10 to acquire a rebound he had no business acquiring. The mindsets (between Davis/Blatche) were similar, who cares if one used a different method? Maybe Blatche was too dumb to think about it.

You're obviously a Wizards fan/homer, so your reaction doesn't come as a surprise to me.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,505

Post#35 » by BillessuR6 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:11 pm

Someone will really regret giving this guy a huge deal. He is talented but he will never be good on a winning team...
notahater
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#36 » by notahater » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:13 pm

I wonder how him and Arenas are going to work together.
yanggu0
Junior
And1: 2

Post#37 » by yanggu0 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:16 pm

Tyreke Evans had it worst. He could of had back to back to back triple double, but his teammates screwed over.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#38 » by ponder276 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:17 pm

miller31time wrote:It's stupid and he's obviously not a very bright individual but honestly, it's not a big deal.

He enjoys getting his teammates involved in the game which shows that he's not too self-centered. Yeah, he seems to view statistics more than most and that is definitely not a positive attribute but it's not like he was hurting the team with the way he was playing. Let's keep in mind that he's a very young player, despite being in the NBA for a bit now, and that he's still learning how to be a leader. One can only hope he'll understand what it takes to win and what it takes to be "the man" later in his career.

It would be one thing if this were an isolated incident, but it's not. There have been TONNES of reports over the years of Wiz vets/coaches complaining about Blatche's immaturity, the whole soliciting sex from an undercover cop/fake prostitute thing, his many driving offenses, getting shot (maybe totally random, maybe due to him associating with sketchy people, we'll never know), his recent hissy fit on the bench where he refused to listen to his coach, then later publicly demanded and apology and refused to accept blame, now this blatant immature stat padding, it's just one thing after another with Andray. Needless to say he is gonna need to complete revamp his personality/outlook on life if he ever wants to be a star player on a contending team.
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#39 » by ImmortalD24 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:17 pm

Triple doubles are highly overrated. A LeBron 28/13/7 is just as impressive, if not more, than a 28/10/10 triple double. Not all triple doubles are equal. It's really rare to get an unselfish triple double that comes naturally.

Oscar Robertson's triple dub season has to be one of the most selfish, stat-padding season in the history of basketball.. and because of that season alone people overrate the guy to ridiculous levels.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,138

Post#40 » by miller31time » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:27 pm

ponder276 wrote:
miller31time wrote:It's stupid and he's obviously not a very bright individual but honestly, it's not a big deal.

It would be one thing if this were an isolated incident, but it's not. There have been TONNES of reports over the years of Wiz vets/coaches complaining about Blatche's immaturity, the whole soliciting sex from an undercover cop/fake prostitute thing, his many driving offenses, getting shot (maybe totally random, maybe due to him associating with sketchy people, we'll never know), his recent hissy fit on the bench where he refused to listen to his coach, then later publicly demanded and apology and refused to accept blame, now this blatant immature stat padding, it's just one thing after another with Andray. Needless to say he is gonna need to complete revamp his personality/outlook on life if he ever wants to be a star player on a contending team.

I don't disagree. He has a litany of offenses and most of them are completely legitimate (I'd disagree with the shooting incident - from everything we know, he was not involved with the shooters, he was just getting into his car, IIRC. The disagreement with Saunders showed poor character but he never said he wouldn't come back into the game - he did shrug off Saunders in the 1st quarter, though).

As with most cases, the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the people of this thread and the hardcore Wizards fans (though I'm one of them, lol). He's not a saint by any means but he's not as bad as those here are painting him. Overall, he DOES need an attitude adjustment and some serious maturation. That much is certain.

Return to The General Board