Adjusted Team Efficiency Ratings from NBA Math

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Re: Adjusted Team Efficiency Ratings from NBA Math 

Post#21 » by TheRealKaboom » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:06 pm

Reeko wrote:
jamaalstar21 wrote:
Reeko wrote:Top of the East is better than the top of the West. Lakers have benefitted from a weak schedule. The real contenders are the Raptors, Clippers, Bucks and Celtics.

I don't think it's fair to say that about the Lakers until they actually lose more than a couple games to quality teams. I agree that we shouldn't overrate the Lake Show, but drawing the conclusion that they won't beat good teams isn't substantial yet. They've lost to the Clippers and Raptor but they have beat Utah, Miami and Dallas. Lebron and AD are ridiculous, and although this team is shallow, they have multiple versions of the same kind of player they need (Dwight/Javale, Green/KCP/Avery Bradley, Rondo/Caruso) so they're not as vulnerable to small injuries as I thought they might be. Time will tell but let's stop auto-counting out the Lakers just because we're all haters.

Also, I only count 29 teams on this chart. Where is Miami?

I know I'm being unfair. I just cannot stand the attention and praise they get when they have benefitted from a weak schedule yet a lot of the pundits constantly spew this narrative of them having the best record in the league without providing the proper context.
You can't stand others getting attention and praise for being good at something?

What's the word for that?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Post#22 » by fianchetto » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:08 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
Reeko wrote:Top of the East is better than the top of the West. Lakers have benefitted from a weak schedule. The real contenders are the Raptors, Clippers, Bucks and Celtics.

Only the Clippers and Bucks are “real contenders” as currently constructed. Toronto and Boston can’t beat either of those teams in a 7 game series. And it’s doubtful they could even beat LA or Houston.

Only having two teams as contenders, one with a 17-3 record and one with a double headed monster? Way to go out on a limb there!
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#23 » by VanWest82 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:25 pm

yoyoboy wrote:

Only the Clippers and Bucks are “real contenders” as currently constructed. Toronto and Boston can’t beat either of those teams in a 7 game series. And it’s doubtful they could even beat LA or Houston.

People are sleeping on the Sixers. Their main guys are absolutely killing teams and they're only going to be more devastating defensively in the playoffs when the game slows down. It isn't going to be so easy to win those no Embiid mins with Horford on board. I like Sixers over both Clippers and Bucks. They should be favoured over everyone IMO.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,293

Post#24 » by Reeko » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:07 pm

Optms wrote:

:lol:

So fortunate Lebron is in the West now because he'd be fathering the Raptors again on his lap as usual. Kawhi isn't around to bail you guys out either.

Oh yeah, because the Raptors didn't just go to LA short handed and beat the Lakers while holding LeBron to 13 points. Nice response.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#25 » by Detective » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:01 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Look at that Raps Logo Grow! Meanwhile, Detroit is shrinking to microscopic levels!

Return to The General Board