Shaq “not doing well” after Kobe’s death

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,694

Re: Shaq “not doing well” after Kobe’s death 

Post#21 » by GusFring » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 am

Pennebaker wrote:Reports are that Smush Parker is doing fine.

:lol:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,157

Post#22 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 am

TurboTitan wrote:mods really just not even trying anymore huh?

As someone who used to be a mod on here. I don't think yall realize how many reports mods have to deal with. I'm sure with the Kobe threads and many of the dumb takes, there are a ton more than usual they're dealing with.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,918

Post#23 » by theforumblue » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 am

TheBullsDynasty wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

What exactly is he saying around 0:45 mark about the last time he spoke to Kobe?

something like "last time i talked to him was when we were here and i asked him to get 50 and he got 60. last time i spoke to him"
screw these absolute garbage refs
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,304

Post#24 » by MrBigShot » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:06 am

Never seen so much raw emotion from Shaq before...you can literally feel his pain as the tears are rolling down his face. At the very least I'm glad he and Kobe had a sit down interview together somewhat recently to put things into perspective and talk about their experiences together.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
TheBullsDynasty
Rookie
And1: 1,569

Post#25 » by TheBullsDynasty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:10 am

theforumblue wrote:
TheBullsDynasty wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

What exactly is he saying around 0:45 mark about the last time he spoke to Kobe?

something like "last time i talked to him was when we were here and i asked him to get 50 and he got 60. last time i spoke to him"

That's what I thought but that was 3.5 years ago. How can they not talk for 3.5 years?
Bang.. Bang.. and Bang..

No, Deng. It's Deng!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:14 am

TheBullsDynasty wrote:
theforumblue wrote:
TheBullsDynasty wrote:

That's what I thought but that was 3.5 years ago. How can they not talk for 3.5 years?

That is kind of the entire point Shaq is kind of making. He's saying he's so focused on work he doesn't keep in touch with the people in his life.

Its probably one of the reasons why it's hitting him so hard. He probably always thought to himself there was plenty of time to catch up with him, but never made the time.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,412

Post#27 » by TMU » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:24 am

I appreciate Shaq for his sincerity and saying that he needs to do a better job reaching out to his friends. No truer words have been said. Work gets in our way, but life is too short and we tend to forget those around us.
Hephaestus
Senior
And1: 803

Post#28 » by Hephaestus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:25 am

LakerLegend wrote:
TheBullsDynasty wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kobe last game but:

He probably means last time face to face in private.
The Eminence
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#29 » by The Eminence » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:29 am

It was really tough to watch both Shaq and Jerry talk about their relationship. Truly heartbreaking
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:39 am

The Eminence wrote:It was really tough to watch both Shaq and Jerry talk about their relationship. Truly heartbreaking

Seems like both are coming from very different points of view as well. With West you see a guy in pain because of how close he was with Kobe. Then with Shaq you see him in a ton of pain with a lot of regret for time not spent with Kobe.

Both really hard to watch.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#31 » by 6ixSideSniper » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:42 am

Shaq is right in this is an unprecedented NBA tragedy. Lots of good players have passed young, but all the NBA legends got to grow old and be there for the next generation. As much as he did on the court, he still had so much left off of it to do.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,142

Post#32 » by Duffman100 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:44 am

BlueHeat wrote:why are there so many douchebag anonymous people online? are you sociopaths?

Poor shaq.

People assign self value to making strangers laugh on the internet. It's an absolute bizarre phenomenon.
MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Post#33 » by MoochieNorris » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:49 am

man what shaq said about him getting to see all the legends when he was coming up really hit home for some reason. these guys are supposed to get old. it's so sad.
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#34 » by DoubleLintendre » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:01 am

Pennebaker wrote:Reports are that Smush Parker is doing fine.

This is about as far as you can go with humor online at the moment. Very close to the line. Not offended, had a light chuckle.
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#35 » by Deadpool Raptor » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:30 am

BlueHeat wrote:why are there so many douchebag anonymous people online? are you sociopaths?

Poor shaq.

People deal with things differently. For me I prefer to make a joke of things, I think that's just as healthy as putting on a big puss. At the end of the day children die every day, parents die every day, life is hard... selfishly, I watch basketball as a form of escapism.

Edit: Also, one thing that is annoying is people who talked **** about Kobe for years crying alligator tears for the public.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,196

Post#36 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:44 am

i mean, he's human and kobe and him here close.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,196

Post#37 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:58 am

Deadpool Raptor wrote:

Poor shaq.

People deal with things differently. For me I prefer to make a joke of things, I think that's just as healthy as putting on a big puss. At the end of the day children die every day, parents die every day, life is hard... selfishly, I watch basketball as a form of escapism.

Edit: Also, one thing that is annoying is people who talked **** about Kobe for years crying alligator tears for the public.

If I say Kobe is the 15th best player of all time am I talking ****? Cause I don't think so but so many people would disagree. Kobe was SPECIAL but he was Kobe...great not THAT great, but meaningful and THAT meaningful. I've told a lot of jokes about him and I legit am upset over this, but he's still not a top 12 all time guy even if I'm crazy disturbed by all this.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,053

Post#38 » by LakerLegend » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:32 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:

Poor shaq.

If I say Kobe is the 15th best player of all time am I talking ****? Cause I don't think so but so many people would disagree. Kobe was SPECIAL but he was Kobe...great not THAT great, but meaningful and THAT meaningful. I've told a lot of jokes about him and I legit am upset over this, but he's still not a top 12 all time guy even if I'm crazy disturbed by all this.

What you think of Kobe's ranking is absolutely irrelevant to this, even more so considering you think a juicer like LeBron is goat.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,180

Post#39 » by The Duke » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:36 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
The Eminence wrote:It was really tough to watch both Shaq and Jerry talk about their relationship. Truly heartbreaking

Seems like both are coming from very different points of view as well. With West you see a guy in pain because of how close he was with Kobe. Then with Shaq you see him in a ton of pain with a lot of regret for time not spent with Kobe.

Both really hard to watch.

This is so true.
Its sad
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,180

Post#40 » by The Duke » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:47 am

Kobes overall rank is irrelevant.

This was his league for 18 years, and he was a well-liked personality star when not playing bball. His reign occured under the birth of social media when access to everything was instantaneous. He was also the most global athlete (born in North America). He started in league at 17 and he essentially grew up in front of everyone.

Kobe wasn't my fav, but I respect what he brought to this generation of fans and the league in general. He was doing good things after retirement as well, that originally I didn't give him enough credit for, but it is more likely that I just thought "of course he did that".

Return to The General Board