Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party”

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,629

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#22 » by Maverick41 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:52 am

Should anyone really reasonably expect Lin to say anything about this matter, while playing in China? People who badmouth the Chinese government disappear. That applies to everyone, including the rich and celebrities.

Lin is playing in China because NBA teams won't sign him and he wants to have a job. He's not doing it to bow down to the Chinese government. Kanter's twitter post just seems unnecessarily abrasive and clearly attention-seeking.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,189

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#23 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:54 am

Maverick41 wrote:Should anyone really reasonably expect Lin to say anything about this matter, while playing in China? People who badmouth the Chinese government disappear. That applies to everyone, including the rich and celebrities.

Lin is playing in China because NBA teams won't sign him and he wants to have a job. He's not doing it to bow down to the Chinese government. Kanter's twitter post just seems unnecessarily abrasive and clearly attention-seeking.

he could play lots of places, china just pays the best and actually being good isnt as important as being jeremy lin
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Post#24 » by life_saver » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:55 am

I feel like I am Out of the loop here...what did Lin do? Has he said anything controversially recently?
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,267

Post#25 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:56 am

og15 wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

I do agree Kanter is kinda cherry picking (no better than LeBron in this regard). In many of the Muslim countries including Turkey, you still get executed for being gay as you mentioned, in addition to women being sub-human.

I think we could criticize Kanter this way if he was getting money from Saudi or any of those countries. If one is going to counter criticize him, it should be in accordance with his criticisms. Kanter seems to be calling people out if they are getting paid by China or making money directly via China in some way. I don't really agree with his methods as it lacks tactfulness and nuance, but as far as I know, Kanter isn't getting money or profiting directly due to any of those countries/regimes.

I mean literally the whole world profits of China. Start calling out Jeff Besos and Amazon/Walmart/Ford/GM I get he wants to pick on other Ballers but he'd better of just speaking his own mind instead of putting down other guys, Lin is just a regular guy living his life, not even a Nike guy.

Why isn't he going after Hedo? or Cedi Osman
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,294

Post#26 » by xdrta+ » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:58 am

OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:After Enes went on Tucker Carlson and called it the best day of his life I have a hard time taking it seriously when he criticizes anybody.

I don’t think that’s the issue. I think it’s more that his criticism is narrow, and if you are against racism or anything else, it should apply to all people. All situations. Him being conservative or liking Tucker isn’t the issue.

Of course it's an issue. Anyone standing with Carlson, one of the most bigoted public figures around, should never talk about racism. And to say to Carlson, about Americans who criticize America, "they should just keep their mouth shut and stop criticizing the greatest nation in the world." In other words, shut up if you disagree, and celebrate your freedom of speech. It doesn't get any dumber than that.
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#27 » by ceiling raiser » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:59 am

rand wrote:Image

Morals? Are you f***ing kidding?

Bolton, along with Powell and Mueller, lied to get us into Iraq for the Bushes and Cheneys. Associating with any of those scumbags is abhorrent. I’m inclined to agree that Kanter is a CIA asset. No war with China, please. Big difference between treating them as an economic adversary and trying to start WW3.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,362

Post#28 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:03 am

xdrta+ wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:After Enes went on Tucker Carlson and called it the best day of his life I have a hard time taking it seriously when he criticizes anybody.

I don’t think that’s the issue. I think it’s more that his criticism is narrow, and if you are against racism or anything else, it should apply to all people. All situations. Him being conservative or liking Tucker isn’t the issue.

Of course it's an issue. Anyone standing with Carlson, one of the most bigoted public figures around, should never talk about racism. And to say to Carlson, about Americans who criticize America, "they should just keep their mouth shut and stop criticizing the greatest nation in the world." In other words, shut up if you disagree, and celebrate your freedom of speech. It doesn't get any dumber than that.

Guy who wants people to speak out also wants people to shut up. Brilliant.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,629

Post#29 » by Maverick41 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:05 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:he could play lots of places, china just pays the best and actually being good isnt as important as being jeremy lin

Lin did turn down millions to play in the G-League to try and get back onto an NBA team just last season. It's not like he hasn't tried to play elsewhere.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#30 » by BDM22 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:07 am

ceiling raiser wrote:
rand wrote:
Spoiler:

Morals? Are you f***ing kidding?

Bolton, along with Powell and Mueller, lied to get us into Iraq for the Bushes and Cheneys. Associating with any of those scumbags is abhorrent. I’m inclined to agree that Kanter is a CIA asset. No war with China, please. Big difference between treating them as an economic adversary and trying to start WW3.

I don't know that he's an asset, I just think he's trying to carve out his post-NBA career, which is fast approaching.
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,267

Post#31 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:07 am

xdrta+ wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:

Yea what he said on that interview was just moronic. Don't ever criticize the US, you're lucky for living here. I mean sure life for him is great as a immigrant who came here became an instant millionaire, whats not to love.

Guys an idiot and doesn't even know the history of the people he's posing with and attaching himself to. He's already made his millions and can just sit back and talk ****.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,362

Post#32 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:10 am

therealozzykhan wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:

Yea what he said on that interview was just moronic. Don't ever criticize the US, you're lucky for living here. I mean sure life for him is great as a immigrant who came here became and instant millionaire, whats not to love.

Guys an idiot and doesn't even know the history of the people he's posing with and attaching himself to.

"Love it or leave it..." patriots. I grew up with and around more people like this in the Midwest than I could count, including a few family members. They were almost never not complete idiots, including said family members.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#33 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:15 am

therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

Er...Enes is not Saudi.
Actually I'm not sure what he is now since I think King Erdogan officially exiled him for being a pain in his behind.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,668

Post#34 » by The High Cyde » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:16 am

If Lin says one word against the Chinese government he’s liable to never be heard from again. Kanter needs to STFU. That government does not play around.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#35 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:18 am

life_saver wrote:I feel like I am Out of the loop here...what did Lin do? Has he said anything controversially recently?

I'm assuming he signed with the CBA.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#36 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:19 am

I will take what Kanter says seriously when he starts to criticize the current US government.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,556

Post#37 » by zimpy27 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:20 am

*Enes Freedom
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#38 » by Flopper » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:20 am

So many layers of hypocrisy from Kanter here. The fact that he celebrates an appearance on Carlson's show is beyond ridiculous,
considering that Tucker is big a supporter of Hungarian autocrat PM Victor Orban and basically the voice of the white nationalism movement in mainstream US media. Orban's Hungary has in many ways been operating as an authoritarian regime since the start of the pandemic and has pushed a hard anti-immigrant, anti-LGBT, pro-Christian agenda. Seems odd for guy who changed his name to FREEDOM to be okay with that.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,189

Post#39 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:22 am

Maverick41 wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:he could play lots of places, china just pays the best and actually being good isnt as important as being jeremy lin

Lin did turn down millions to play in the G-League to try and get back onto an NBA team just last season. It's not like he hasn't tried to play elsewhere.

he could go play in europe. its just china pays EXTREMELY well.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#40 » by DroseReturnChi » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:24 am

Maverick41 wrote:Should anyone really reasonably expect Lin to say anything about this matter, while playing in China? People who badmouth the Chinese government disappear. That applies to everyone, including the rich and celebrities.

lin is not chinese he has freedom not to play in china but he sold himself to make money and get ads.
kanter would never sell himself for cheap 6 figure salary which is why he was banned from turkey.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.

Return to The General Board