Do you think the Mavs will try to target Steph the same way they targeted Chris Paul on the defensive end?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,889

Re: Do you think the Mavs will try to target Steph the same way they targeted Chris Paul on the defensive end? 

Post#21 » by Roger Murdock » Thu May 19, 2022 12:55 pm

I thought Steph was amazing defensively game 1
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Re: Do you think the Mavs will try to target Steph the same way they targeted Chris Paul on the defensive end? 

Post#22 » by michaelm » Thu May 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Big J wrote:
Apz wrote:
Big J wrote:
Warriors will just double Luka and leave Frank wide open if he's on the floor. Steph is used to getting picked up at half court. That's what every team tries against him.

We will see. As a mavs fan I hope curry get zero shots off in first game just to set the tone for the series

That's probably a good strategy. Last time they played Mavs didn't let Curry get a shot off in the 4th quarter and that worked pretty well.

He didn't get a shot off in the 4th quarter this game either with not so good results.

Couldn't resist that. This series is far from over, and Luka is a very adaptable player who will adapt once more. Targeting Curry on defense seems to have been a perennial strategy in play-off series though, but I am not so sure it has worked all that frequently.
Time for Change
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Post#23 » by Time for Change » Thu May 19, 2022 2:53 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:I thought Steph was amazing defensively game 1

Yeah it looked like he was focusing on defense and actually resting on offense. His defense was great. The Mavs had more success attacking Poole.

Return to The General Board