The refs and ref #45 in the Mavs Clippers Game 2

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Anything unusual with the refereeing in G2?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

Yes, the post makes a good case that the refereeing was not good.
42%
No, not really. Not a good case that the refs favoured one team.
58%

Total votes: 19

MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 114

Re: The refs and ref #45 in the Mavs Clippers Game 2 

Post#21 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 am

I think the refs were bad on both sides.
Harden still gets his calls.
Refs could've blown the whistle on a couple of Clippers shots were Mavs defended so good that it was almost illegal.

I just prefer missed calls over over-officiating any day. I like the tone of the series. Players can defend and the series benefits from this style
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,602

Post#22 » by stuporman » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:49 am

I looked at a number of those vids and yea, typical inconsistent af calls. Not sure why fans have to endure this nonsense with no semblance of consistency in the whistle.

Either let them play or call every little thing but do it both ways or not for some players and not others.

Very frustrating for sure, imagine how players and coaches feel when their whole season of work and livelihood is in the hands of the subjective interpretation by people using vague standards.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#23 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

I didn't look at all of them in the OP maybe this one is already mention but this one should have been an ejection. Russ just came in thugging it up and the refs did nothing.

https://youtu.be/uPvBdnUqmzk?t=508
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,222

Post#24 » by Sofia » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 am

Mavs have a +21 FTA differential through 2 games. How much bigger should that gap be?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,294

Post#25 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 am

I find it funny as fans we defend PO basketball and the physicality to the highest degree, to the point where it's extremely rough, yet when someone brings something forth like Dirk and the soft, or potentially incorrect foul calls there is this almost CSI approach to justify calls. The POs are getting WAY too physical IMO, but having said that someone like Harden gets some soft calls, where if every player gets them, EVERY defender on the court fouls out.

On a similar topic I found it funny that on the telecast one minute there was a call of, "yep you can see its a clear foul as you can see the defender got his hand."
Like 7-10 minutes later, deflection and on replay something like, "you might think that is a foul but you must remember the hand is part of the ball"
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#26 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I didn't look at all of them in the OP maybe this one is already mention but this one should have been an ejection. Russ just came in thugging it up and the refs did nothing.

https://youtu.be/uPvBdnUqmzk?t=508

See these are the things that I hate in the NBA. That was bush league. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean it's not.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#27 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
mademan wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:probably wouldn't have made a difference, but Kyrie fouled Kawhi at the end and they reversed it when they shouldn't have

Theyve been pretty clear about ball and hand (and pretty generous about hand as if you touch the ball, they let you slap peoples wrists too). Pretty consistent call the entire 2nd half the season

Looked like Kyrie hit his forearm.

I'd be in favor of getting rid of all reviews that aren't about clock, three point confirmation, or out of bounds calls because fouls are too subjective. They also take far too long.

They don't need to take as long as they do though. The NBA wants to make money off the reviews, THAT'S why it takes too long. So any complaints about reviews aren't really about the review themselves, it should be a complaint against the NBA. The review center has the play in question already done and dusted by the time it goes to them.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,749

Post#28 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:41 am

The third one on Exum, its funny that the ref with the worst vantage point, the one we have where you can't tell, makes the call. I stopped there.

Return to The General Board