Should Jamal Murray be disliked more around here?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,811

Re: Should Jamal Murray be disliked more around here? 

Post#21 » by srhcan » Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

wth; Jamal is no fruity, he has a leaked video to prove it :lol:

Come on man. Be more appropriate. -b
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,248

Post#22 » by NZB2323 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:17 pm

He was asking the reporter if he was talking about Anthony Edwards defense on him or someone else.

The ice pack moment was bad.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,589

Post#23 » by My Main Man » Fri May 17, 2024 3:33 pm

My wife and I were watching the game last night and we were talking about the likability of players on both teams.

She can't stand Aaron Gordon ("he looks like someone who would listen to Incubus") but loves Jokic, MPJ, and Reggie.

Jamal is my least fave of the bunch but I agreed with her on all other points.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,931

Post#24 » by theforumblue » Fri May 17, 2024 3:58 pm

one of the most punchable faces, attitude to match, and timely all time plays. dude needs to be hated on more so he can be raised to the levels of all time villains.
screw these absolute garbage refs
Deivork
Starter
And1: 2,028

Post#25 » by Deivork » Fri May 17, 2024 4:43 pm

Really? Is this a question? I've also been bored but man, way to waste your energy
Zukkoyaki
Junior
And1: 334

Post#26 » by Zukkoyaki » Fri May 17, 2024 5:56 pm

I think Murray is a pretty good player who is in the absolute perfect situation to sometimes look great. That's it. Nothing else is worth the energy.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#27 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 17, 2024 5:58 pm

Zukkoyaki wrote:I think Murray is a pretty good player who is in the absolute perfect situation to sometimes look great. That's it. Nothing else is worth the energy.

That's just it he's playing next to Joker but he's been mostly awful this entire playoffs.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,319

Post#28 » by Edrees » Fri May 17, 2024 7:52 pm

imagine how good he'd be if he just pretended all his opponents were the lakers
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,903

Post#29 » by Bornstellar » Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 pm

I've dislike Murray since the Nuggets/Spurs series in 2019 when he got all butthurt and shoved Poeltl for playing defense. Dude's always been kind of a baby
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,069

Post#30 » by TravisScott55 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:56 pm

People so negative nowadays lol
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,397

Post#31 » by lambchop » Fri May 17, 2024 8:01 pm

He kind of reminds me of an enhanced Pacers Lance Stephenson. Super confident, questionable personality but he's simply the perfect fit on the team.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 835

Post#32 » by FrobeBryant » Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 pm

Laimbeer wrote:The temper tantrum and throwing the heat pack. Now this.

I'd also add he has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. :lol:

Read on Twitter

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,706

Post#33 » by og15 » Fri May 17, 2024 8:42 pm

80HD wrote:Is he healthy or is he hurt? I thought he was hurt these playoffs but then he hits multiple game winners, half court shots, etc.

However, when he has bad games…..he’s hurt?

Being hurt doesn't mean a player is incapable of performing at all, but it can certainly decrease their average level of performance.

He can definitely be hurt and do all those things. Heck, Chris Paul was limping with a hamstring injury and hit a game winner in game 7 vs the Spurs in 2015, then missed the next two games of the next series and wasn't still "healthy" yet when he returned, but good enough.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,932

Post#34 » by Clav » Fri May 17, 2024 8:51 pm

My Main Man wrote: ("he looks like someone who would listen to Incubus") ... but I agreed with her on all other points.

Murray is a competitor, he just lost G6, it's not a problem to be upset in the presser, his words do show his frustration though.

However, I have to disagree on this bolded part - Incubus are quite skilled musicians and changed their sound considerably from origin to current within their catalogue. I can understand not enjoying certain songs, but as wide as their scope is I'm sure there's a song out there she'd enjoy but "did not realize it was Incubus".

That being said I understand the sentiment my roommate cannot listen to even instrumentals of Red Hot Chili Peppers due to Kiedis' voice. Maybe it's a Brandon Boyd thing for her :lol:
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 677

Re: Should Jamal Murray be drawing more heat around here? 

Post#35 » by PedroFlu » Fri May 17, 2024 11:45 pm

MarcusBrody wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:Of course - in this series it's been Jokic playing 1v5 while also playing against coach Finch. He's had absolutely zero help against the best defensive team in the league (and decade) and if he wins the Sunday game, it'll be the GOAT carry job in NBA history.

I disagree. Gordon has shown up and fought hard, as has Braun.

One of Murray or MPJ really needs to step up, though, and hit shots. MPJ was the guy in the Lakers series who (along with Jokic) hit the big shots when no one else was, so hopefully he can recapture some of that. Murray obviously can go from terrible to cooking really quickly. We will see.

MPJ was an unstoppable killer vs Lakers and now is playing like a bum. Cant understand it, really
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,540

Post#36 » by brutalitops » Sat May 18, 2024 12:11 am

The dude is having a bad playoff series. However it's a completely new thing. Guy usually kills it. He was poor against the Lakers and still was able to play a good 5/10mpg and bury them

Just a combination of injury and minny putting defenders on him from the inbound and playing super physical defense has really put him off

I think the Edwards "Who" line won't help him or his team. He definitely deserved to be booted out of game 2. I'm also bitter that Rudy gets fined 75k for the money guesture and Jamal seemed to get nothing
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,540

Re: Should Jamal Murray be drawing more heat around here? 

Post#37 » by brutalitops » Sat May 18, 2024 12:14 am

PedroFlu wrote:
MarcusBrody wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:Of course - in this series it's been Jokic playing 1v5 while also playing against coach Finch. He's had absolutely zero help against the best defensive team in the league (and decade) and if he wins the Sunday game, it'll be the GOAT carry job in NBA history.

I disagree. Gordon has shown up and fought hard, as has Braun.

One of Murray or MPJ really needs to step up, though, and hit shots. MPJ was the guy in the Lakers series who (along with Jokic) hit the big shots when no one else was, so hopefully he can recapture some of that. Murray obviously can go from terrible to cooking really quickly. We will see.

MPJ was an unstoppable killer vs Lakers and now is playing like a bum. Cant understand it, really

He's playing against a real team. It's a little bit of a step up between getting defended by a combination of Prince/Lebron/Rui to McDaniels, Edwards and having Rudy/Naz/Kat flash out at you. You go from open 3's to everything is hard and contested
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 389

Post#38 » by reddyplayerone » Sat May 18, 2024 12:15 am

Look you all can dislike Jamal Murray as much as you want but I will NOT stand for any Incubus slander!
Camby_Bamby
Freshman
And1: 50

Post#39 » by Camby_Bamby » Sat May 18, 2024 12:46 am

Jokic Stans looking for an easy scapegoat - say it ain’t so.

Anyway, horrendous response by Murray. Lol. And yeah, he’s been inconsistent but so has Jokic at times.

No need to overreact.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,936

Post#40 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 18, 2024 1:56 am

Nope he torched the LA Fakers in two playoff series in a row

Got nothing but my utmost respect and props !

Not defending his game 2 antics, but I am still a fan of the Jam-Man and his talents

Return to The General Board