Has there ever been a player that complains more than Luka Doncic?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Re: Has there ever been a player that complains more than Luka Doncic? 

Post#21 » by ejftw » Sun May 19, 2024 9:10 am

BruttoNostra wrote:
Pinpilinpauxa wrote:He whines too much but the referees have been the only reason this series have been so competitive. It felt everytime Dallas was riding the wave they decided to call everything a shooting or ofensiva fault for the Thunder. Dallas is the biggest, strongest team dominating the paint and It was like every contact was allowed to Thunder players and half the contact to Mavs.

This.
Both things could be true at the same time:
1. Luka whines too much, probably the most in the league (among players with 65+ RS games :P )
2. At least in this postseason, he's got the worst whistle, not only among superstars.

They could be, but the latter definitely isn't

Mavrelous wrote:He whines a lot and has bad body language, but the whistle he get s is attrocious, especially after going through 2 series watching Harden and SGA getting calls by throwing themselves into defenders or kicking their legs, while Luka is doing Jiu Jitsu with Mann and Dort, Dort also incorporated boxing and Rugby.

Oh man, this was definitely a funny way to start the day :lol:

Atrocious whistle :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,494

Post#22 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 19, 2024 9:20 am

He whines a lot and has bad body language, but the whistle he get s is attrocious, especially after going through 2 series watching Harden and SGA getting calls by throwing themselves into defenders or kicking their legs, while Luka is doing Jiu Jitsu with Mann and Dort, Dort also incorporated boxing and Rugby.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,675

Post#23 » by baldur » Sun May 19, 2024 9:21 am

no. he is on his own tier in the entire history of basketball.
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 621

Post#24 » by MMyhre » Sun May 19, 2024 9:22 am

I will take great pleasure in seeing Jokic or Edwards dominating his ass in 4-5 games.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#25 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 am

I'm not saying it's any sort of good trait and I wish he would do it less, but why are people so obsessed with it? Some times he's right about the calls and no one here is the referee who cares really. What's worse that or all the flopping OKC was doing? I saw SGA shoot a 2 pointer then just fall down untouched Josh Green had his hands straight up didn't touch him ref blows the whistle because he fell down he puts the hands behind his head while on the ground like he's chillin which just seemed very arrogant it indicated to me how easy it was to fool the ref. Nobody even cared. I never saw SGA complain to the refs but why would he? I never saw him get unfair calls against him either. He received the unfair calls so nothing to complain about.

I just think to t up Luka on his home court in a playoff game was wrong when I saw Dort complain several times and there was no issue. He got that technical because of reputation. I was surprised he didn't get thrown out of the game which would have been lunacy when you let Jamal Murray throw things on the court but "oh can't suspend him because it's the playoffs" someone could have been injured, and then you throw Luka out for some bitching about calls? No consistency. Luckily that didn't happen but I believe it was very close to happening last night.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 10:09 am

This thread exists but there's no thread complaining about these type of calls really? Be better. I bet not many here would love getting physically assaulted like it's hockey with no calls what so ever. But you only focus on Luka complaining about it. I would complain too.

Read on Twitter
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,857

Post#27 » by Dez » Sun May 19, 2024 10:12 am

Every star player whines.
blessofcurse
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#28 » by blessofcurse » Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 am

Lebron
Kittles02
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#29 » by Kittles02 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 am

Dinwiddie
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,901

Post#30 » by rapstarter » Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 am

No, he's the whinest I can remember. He probably had the reasons to in Game 6 because I couldn't understand some of the calls myself, but four out of first five games was just intense complaining after complaining.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 am

rapstarter wrote:No, he's the whinest I can remember. He probably had the reasons to in Game 6 because I couldn't understand some of the calls myself, but four out of first five games was just intense complaining after complaining.

This might explain why. I get it no one cares though.

Read on Twitter
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,318

Post#32 » by BruttoNostra » Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am

ChipotleWest wrote:This thread exists but there's no thread complaining about these type of calls really? Be better. I bet not many here would love getting physically assaulted like it's hockey with no calls what so ever. But you only focus on Luka complaining about it. I would complain too.

Read on Twitter

It's why I love Dallas defence recently - they play touch, but not dirty. I mean, if PJ or DJJ were given a free "assault other team's star" ticket for the entire series, SGA would average 15 PPG with Westbrookesque percentages.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,471

Post#33 » by pipfan » Sun May 19, 2024 10:45 am

ejftw wrote:
tribulations wrote:LeBron stands out to me more and it seems to have only got worse as his career has gone on

I'd wager Luka has LeBron beat when it comes to complaining when comparing whole careers at this point.

I'm an all time LBJ (sports) hater, but I can't agree. He does complain a lot, but Luka is off the charts. It's one of the two reasons (out of shape also) I can't stand him-although I acknowledge he's on a clear path to top 10 all time, to bounce Bird from his spot
Petergrifindor
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,633

Post#34 » by Petergrifindor » Sun May 19, 2024 10:49 am

It’s normal that the player that get the worst whistle of the league complains the most.

He should stop doing it though. It’s bad for him, for his team, and energises the opponents. Body language is super important in a leader, and Luka’s at his worst is very bad.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,919

Post#35 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 am

LeBron is a known whiner but not Luka levels of whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,651

Post#36 » by CodeBreaker » Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 am

Luka and LeBron are the GOATs of complaining
Handlez
Senior
And1: 837

Post#37 » by Handlez » Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 am

Has there ever been a player more fouled without calls?
BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 647

Post#38 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Handlez wrote:Has there ever been a player more fouled without calls?

Not that I’ve seen. He does whine way too much, but damn, if you watch enough of his games, you’d see he gets mauled ALL the time. What Dort was allowed to get away with was criminal.
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
BadaBoom
Freshman
And1: 145

Post#39 » by BadaBoom » Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm not saying it's any sort of good trait and I wish he would do it less, but why are people so obsessed with it? Some times he's right about the calls and no one here is the referee who cares really. What's worse that or all the flopping OKC was doing? I saw SGA shoot a 2 pointer then just fall down untouched Josh Green had his hands straight up didn't touch him ref blows the whistle because he fell down he puts the hands behind his head while on the ground like he's chillin which just seemed very arrogant it indicated to me how easy it was to fool the ref. Nobody even cared. I never saw SGA complain to the refs but why would he? I never saw him get unfair calls against him either. He received the unfair calls so nothing to complain about.

I just think to t up Luka on his home court in a playoff game was wrong when I saw Dort complain several times and there was no issue. He got that technical because of reputation. I was surprised he didn't get thrown out of the game which would have been lunacy when you let Jamal Murray throw things on the court but "oh can't suspend him because it's the playoffs" someone could have been injured, and then you throw Luka out for some bitching about calls? No consistency. Luckily that didn't happen but I believe it was very close to happening last night.

Personnaly, it just bothers me that a guy that talented is constantly whining with angry kid facial expression and body language. I find it not appreciable that he behaves like this that much, wheather it's indeed a good or bad call.
In the end, you are watching a guy constantly whining way too much instead of swallowing it and play through, like many others do.

I bet nobody on this board who actually plays/played basketball ever liked playing with/against guys behaving like that. It's ok to argue a call here and there but not at that crazy rate.

When a real foul is missed, I feel less sorry for guys constantly whining than for those who try to play through.
KembaWalker
RealGM
And1: 11,739

Post#40 » by KembaWalker » Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Spintown wrote:I really do wonder what these so called “superstars” would be without the whistle. Such double standards by the refs between guys like luka and any other ordinary joe. Today the reversed a foul on luka because he cried and pleaded and they challenged the play which there was clearly contact but they ruled it no foul

It’s truly one of the most bizarre things to watch when you’re a fan of a team that doesn’t and has never had a league darling player. Watching other teams star players just complain and the refs will just change the call, no review no video no challenge. I don’t think that’s ever happened to Charlotte. NBA has certainly earned its reputation when it comes to reffing

Return to The General Board