Unnecessary Technical Fouls Being Called?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#21 » by BROWN » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:31 am

that kobe one was dumb.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#22 » by rsavaj » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:51 am

lol that Kobe one was effed up.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#23 » by Patterns » Sat Feb 9, 2008 6:26 am

rsavaj wrote:lol that Kobe one was effed up.

What did he do?
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sat Feb 9, 2008 6:33 am

Patterns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What did he do?

-Offensive foul on Kobe
-Kobe walks to the ref and hands him the ball
-Ref calls technical on Kobe

The announcers said that maybe because Kobe handed the ball to the ref "too hard" or something like that. LOL Kobe should have just left the ball on the floor and made the ref get it himself, maybe the ref wouldn't have called a technical for that. haha.
Desmond24
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Unnecessary Technical Fouls Being Called? 

Post#25 » by Desmond24 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 8:59 pm

[

Reggie Miller was broadcasting and he said the ref called a T because when Pietrus points at the jumbotron, he's making the crowd get loud. So basically when the ref called a T he meant, "Hey, don't point at the Jumbotron. I don't want the fans getting into it by booing me."

Is that a good reason to call a foul though. Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining.. I can live with that call it's just that it seemed to have some awkward logic behind it.[/quote]

Yes that is a T in any level basketball for unsportsmanlike conduct/"showing up the official". Any action/verbage no matter severity that shows taunting, disrespect or general lack of respect for the game, players, coaches and officials is T worthy. Some officials may let it go (Having thick skin which all do have) but it shouldn't be let go.

Return to The General Board