Worst performance by broadcast team of the season?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#21 » by farzi » Sat Feb 9, 2008 12:24 pm

sarah42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i hate it when they say chris paul is going to sign with them after his contract is up.

first of all, how delusional are they about their team? they talk like they're going to the finals, when in reality they like most teams who look to be lower seeds will have a tough time just making the playoffs. and they're so mean about other teams.

but portland? if a guy wants to leave to free agency, they want to go somewhere either close to home or somewhere fun. portland is neither of those things. just thinking about that city brings bad memories. that whole area is bad for anyone thats ever had even a mild depression.

Hey hey hey...we have more strip clubs per capita than any other city in the US. And you say we're not fun...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 42,444

Post#22 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:36 pm

Portland is awesome.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#23 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:53 pm

vainsake wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, you really might want to look into a name change...

too bad he cant until november

as for the topic, just listen to a cavs broadcast. one creams his pants every time the cavs do something and the other one is a bumbling idiot who just says "l-train" the whole time...its awful to have to endure for a whole season
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:56 pm

Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins duo is a beast duo unlike any other in the NBA. The only other duo/trio that comes close is Mike Breen, JVG, and Marc Jackson. Kevin Harlan is just a pure beast.

Ex. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwQhT6X67Gw
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
2poor
RealGM
And1: 1
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#25 » by 2poor » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:04 pm

RobertGlory wrote:trust me sounds of the stadium will be cool for a few games until you realize you miss the announcers

but i want to see TNT's production try it for a game that otherwise no one would care about later in the season

I don't think I'd ever miss the announcers, hell, I usually watch games on mute with music playing as is.

If I could just get on-court sounds with the PA announcer mixed in, I'd be in heaven.
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#26 » by doctaJ_92 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:07 pm

The Denver color guy in any game.
Read on Twitter
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#27 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:42 pm

10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#28 » by 10scott10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:16 am

I currently am having the mis-fortune of listening to the jazz radio guy. the dude is talking in a monotone, he just leaves long patches of empty air. so strange
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#29 » by bleu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:50 am

10scott10 wrote:I currently am having the mis-fortune of listening to the jazz radio guy. the dude is talking in a monotone, he just leaves long patches of empty air. so strange

You mean Hot Rod? :rofl:
xcomputerman
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#30 » by xcomputerman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:53 am

Iggyemu wrote:Portland announcers against any team.

QFT. I remember listening to them when they were playing the Nuggets the other day -- the level of homerism was disgusting.
http://fourpointers.com - We've got unlimited range, baby
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#31 » by Patterns » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:46 am

Harlan>Albert
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,508

Post#32 » by Rasheeed!!! » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:58 am

Doug Collins is the worst "color" guy.....he's just so monotone, never says anything interesting, and refers to "when i coached Michael Jordan" as if people are supposed to be impressed.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#33 » by sarah42 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:02 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:Portland is awesome.

don't mean to offend.

newfoundland is worse! :P

if you have tons of strip clubs...well duh! but that gets old really quick, from what i hear. lol. ;)

but those announcers are just mean. they just belittle other players way too much for their own good. i'm offended, when i watch other teams i don't even care about get dissed like that! maybe its because that team seems to always make the playoffs...but can you go one broadcast without dissing another teams prospects of surviving...i swear they'd say something like "lebron ain't that good" or "new orleans should just give up and move to winnipeg!"

that republican dude, the younger one that announces for the clippers is also a hateful creep. they announce for the clippers, so i can understand why they are in horrible moods sometimes.

the suns announcers, with eddie johnson are great. i remember eddie saying chris paul is on the same level with steve nash! i thought, wow! the other guy even agreed with him. they seem to give both compliments and constructive criticism of other teams. most announcers would never say stuff like that!

JVG rules my world!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to The General Board