Travis Schlenk needs to catch more flack.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: Travis Schlenk needs to catch more flack. 

Post#201 » by Buzzard » Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:
kg01 wrote:In how many different variations do yall want to have this same tired discussion?

Dude. Luka stans on the GB are second only to Jokic stans in their relentlessness. It is tiring.

They can't help it. Its like a teen idol phenomena. I'd not be surprised if half of them have full size posters of Luka in their bedrooms or moms basements.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,360

Post#202 » by SNPA » Thu May 13, 2021 4:30 am

Buzzard wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:
kg01 wrote:In how many different variations do yall want to have this same tired discussion?

Dude. Luka stans on the GB are second only to Jokic stans in their relentlessness. It is tiring.

They can't help it. Its like a teen idol phenomena. I'd not be surprised if half of them have full size posters of Luka in their bedrooms or moms basements.

Lol. I’m a Kings fan. Try again boys.

And good luck on that parade in ATL. Trae can’t defend statue.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,481

Post#203 » by Woodsanity » Thu May 13, 2021 4:33 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:

Nothing worse than Embiid stans bringing up Jokic out of nowhere. :lol:
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#204 » by Buzzard » Thu May 13, 2021 4:36 am

SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:

Good for you :crazy:

Schlenk has done more good work in three seasons than any GM/Pres in the league. Most teams rebuilds languish in lottery hell for 5,6,7 or more years. The Hawks just did a complete turnaround in three seasons.

Keep your luck. The Kings need all they can get.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
SNPA
General Manager

Post#205 » by SNPA » Thu May 13, 2021 4:38 am

Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:They can't help it. Its like a teen idol phenomena. I'd not be surprised if half of them have full size posters of Luka in their bedrooms or moms basements.

Schlenk has done more good work in three seasons than any GM/Pres in the league. Most teams rebuilds languish in lottery hell for 5,6,7 or more years. The Hawks just did a complete turnaround in three seasons.

Now imagine how good the Hawks would be with Luka.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#206 » by Buzzard » Thu May 13, 2021 4:44 am

SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:Lol. I’m a Kings fan. Try again boys.

Since the NBA is not yahoo fantasy or NBA 2K, its not remotely close to reality. You deal with your Kings reality. I am currently enjoying the heck of of my Hawks reality.

I get your perspective though. Its easier to hate others than it is to look at your own failing team. The Trae, Hawks, Schlenk haters are like high school gossip girls. Its easier on the fandom to trash everyone else than it is to look at our own teams/players faults.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
SNPA
General Manager

Post#207 » by SNPA » Thu May 13, 2021 4:52 am

Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Good for you :crazy:

Since its not yahoo fantasy or NBA 2K its not remotely close to reality. You deal with your Kings reality. I am currently enjoying the heck of of my Hawks reality.

I get your perspective though. Its easier to hate others than it is to look at your own failing team. Like high school gossip girls. Its easier to trash everyone else than it is to look at our own teams/players faults.

My team passed on Luka too. And Vlade caught flack which he earned, just like Schlenk. Passing on Luka is passing on Luka. Unless you ended up drafted a top 15 ATG instead there’s no consolation prize or redemption. That’s all. Enjoy Bogi. Our new GM let him walk for nothing which is nuts and Vlade stole him from the Suns but gets no credit.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#208 » by Buzzard » Thu May 13, 2021 5:01 am

SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:Now imagine how good the Hawks would be with Luka.

Since its not yahoo fantasy or NBA 2K its not remotely close to reality. You deal with your Kings reality. I am currently enjoying the heck of of my Hawks reality.

I get your perspective though. Its easier to hate others than it is to look at your own failing team. Like high school gossip girls. Its easier to trash everyone else than it is to look at our own teams/players faults.

My team passed on Luka too. And Vlade caught flack which he earned, just like Schlenk. Passing on Luka is passing on Luka. Unless you ended up drafted a top 15 ATG instead there’s no consolation prize or redemption. That’s all. Enjoy Bogi. Our new GM let him walk for nothing which is nuts and Vlade stole him from the Suns but gets no credit.

Every draft has spilled milk. 14 teams passed on Leonard. 14 teams passed on Giannis. 9 teams passed on Paul George. 6 teams passed on Steph. 3 teams passed on CP3. 2 teams passed on MJ. On and on we go....

I have been a fan since the seventies. I would be bat **** crazy if I let draft picks ruin my fandom. The Hawks are doing well and the rebuild surprised me with how easy it went.

Good luck to your Kings. I love the little guys/underdogs and hope they turn it around real soon.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,337

Post#209 » by _qubik » Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He traded Luka. Can never live that down.

First to championship(s) is winner winner chicken dinner. Its the parades that matter not the player lovefest. Enjoy your life size Luka poster. I want that parade in downtown Atlanta.

With this roster and Trae, second round is the best outcome possible in my opinion, Trae will struggle as any other guard that is the main option of its team in the Playoffs, the other guys are good but nothing especial
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,801

Post#210 » by homecourtloss » Thu May 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Buzzard wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:

It’s also a nationalist thing — Balkans posters are some of the most rabidly nationalistic people Ive ever seen and they’re like this on sports messageboards everywhere.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#211 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu May 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Buzzard wrote:They can't help it. Its like a teen idol phenomena. I'd not be surprised if half of them have full size posters of Luka in their bedrooms or moms basements.

This. Schlenk has done good work in rebuilding the Hawks. Anybody who cannot see that is just ignoring reality, IMO.

No GM gets decisions 100% right, and I understand the thought process - the Hawks were undergoing a total gut job, and he wanted another top 10 pick. If he had hit with Reddish, that deal would look a lot better, but he still came out of it with one of the most valuable commodities in the NBA - a legit closer. While I can't stand some of the calls Young gets, dude can score the ball - and his assist numbers are nice as well.

If he were my GM, the Luka vs Trae evaluation would be done within the context of a lot of other deals that he made - most of which look to me (a Sixers fan) as pretty f'k'n solid.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#212 » by Buzzard » Thu May 13, 2021 4:18 pm

_qubik wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
SNPA wrote:He traded Luka. Can never live that down.

First to championship(s) is winner winner chicken dinner. Its the parades that matter not the player lovefest. Enjoy your life size Luka poster. I want that parade in downtown Atlanta.

With this roster and Trae, second round is the best outcome possible in my opinion, Trae will struggle as any other guard that is the main option of its team in the Playoffs, the other guys are good but nothing especial

I am not betting on getting past the 2nd round. I am not going to 100% discount it either. I don't think Trae struggles. He is different from all but a few PG's in this league. If Bogdan and Gallinari get hot, the Hawks are impossible to stop. Hunter is another wild card as he is a legit big 3D wing when healthy.

They still need to win out to lock up the 4/5. That is key for me.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Sabas11
Senior
And1: 385

Post#213 » by Sabas11 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:31 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:

It’s also a nationalist thing — Balkans posters are some of the most rabidly nationalistic people Ive ever seen and they’re like this on sports messageboards everywhere.

Not that it really matters but you're confusing the Balkans with Serbia.
Gramercy Riffs
Junior
And1: 727

Post#214 » by Gramercy Riffs » Thu May 13, 2021 4:41 pm

Sabas11 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

As someone of Croatian descent, I can assure you Serbia suffers from ultra-nationalistic sentiment no more than any other part of the Balkans. In fact the Croatian elite were some of the most vicious and depraved allies of the Nazi party during WW2.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,801

Post#215 » by homecourtloss » Thu May 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Sabas11 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

From my experience, I’ve never seen any group as rabidly nationalistic as Serbs, but the rest of the Balkans aren’t far behind.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,693

Post#216 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:13 am

10 months later...

Read on Twitter
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,496

Post#217 » by Big J » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:44 am

Luka's still better.
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#218 » by marco102 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:46 am

Big J wrote:Luka's still better.

He very well may be, but the Hawks are better constructed team. Talk trash when Luka makes the second round.
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,693

Post#219 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#220 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:10 am

I remember being super glad ATL didn't win the Zion lotto. Thst would have been terrifying.

Return to The General Board