Could Kentucky beat the 76ers?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Could UK beat the 76ers?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 523

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,758

Re: Could Kentucky beat the 76ers? 

Post#221 » by Ell Curry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:45 am

Kentucky doesn't have the shooting. A college all-star team would be favored against the 76ers in a series, though, if you gave them a month to practice and a decent coach.
Where's the D?
D.Brasco
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#222 » by D.Brasco » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:59 am

The last scrub on the bench of any NBA team was likely a star NCAA player at one point.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,114

Post#223 » by Warspite » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:51 am

Reading this thread I see that most pro 76er arguements if not all were made by posters who didnt read the OP and so include injured players as healthy or simply have not read the roster or seen the players play.

There really is no argument talent wise. that the Wildcats have more talent than the 76ers and they they will make more career earnings and they will recieve more all star game appearances.

I think Phi Slamma Jamma could take the 76ers as well Ewings Hoyas or Worthys Tarheels or 92 Duke, 90 UNLV. Those teams all had more NBA talent than the 76ers.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 7,003

Post#224 » by DowJones » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 am

I watched a bit of Kentucky today. They are good, but I expected more. The expectations for this team are far too high.
Hans Embiid
Banned User
And1: 1,217

Post#225 » by Hans Embiid » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:15 am

DowJones wrote:I watched a bit of Kentucky today. They are good, but I expected more. The expectations for this team are far too high.

They have good players but not a superstar talent. They will lose games.
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#226 » by Ettorefm » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:35 am

Having more 'talent' (whatever that is) doesn't win games. Specially when it's 18 yo talent on part-time training with mediocre coaches
The most 'talented' college teams usually don't make it past the Elite 8 round, how the hell would they want to say they'd win a series against NBA teams?
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,647
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#227 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:40 am

Warspite wrote:Reading this thread I see that most pro 76er arguements if not all were made by posters who didnt read the OP and so include injured players as healthy or simply have not read the roster or seen the players play.

There really is no argument talent wise. that the Wildcats have more talent than the 76ers and they they will make more career earnings and they will recieve more all star game appearances.

I think Phi Slamma Jamma could take the 76ers as well Ewings Hoyas or Worthys Tarheels or 92 Duke, 90 UNLV. Those teams all had more NBA talent than the 76ers.

Ridiculous. I saw all of those teams. Name 6 players from either Phi slama jama, UNLV or any one of the 4 Hoya teams that played more than 2 years in the NBA. Each one of those teams had STARTERS, that wouldn't make the 76ers 15 man roster. Even Worthy and Jordan's '82 team had two (2) starters that wouldn't make the 76ers' 15 man roster. Stop being silly.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#228 » by Nate505 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:08 am

I can't believe the number of Yes votes.

Yeah, perhaps in one game out of 100 they might win. But even then I'd be a bit stunned...an NBA team would wipe the floor with any college team.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#229 » by miltk » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:10 am

no but duke could because they have a coach who can coach and a center who's better than embiid and noel put together
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,219

Post#230 » by Zombiesonics » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:39 am

miltk wrote:no but duke could because they have a coach who can coach and a center who's better than embiid and noel put together

:lol: :lol: did you watch embiid last year? okafor isn't close to the prospect embiid was. anyway coach k should worry about winning games in the tourney and not losing to freakin mercer
AkronsFinest91
Junior
And1: 200

Post#231 » by AkronsFinest91 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:50 am

D.Brasco wrote:The last scrub on the bench of any NBA team was likely a star NCAA player at one point.

This. A scrub like brian scalabrine would light up a local ymca gym for 50
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,402

Post#232 » by Wonderllama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:22 am

Kentucky once had Anthony Davis. That team could definitely beat the 76ers
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,114

Post#233 » by Warspite » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am

LloydFree wrote:
Warspite wrote:Reading this thread I see that most pro 76er arguements if not all were made by posters who didnt read the OP and so include injured players as healthy or simply have not read the roster or seen the players play.

Ridiculous. I saw all of those teams. Name 6 players from either Phi slama jama, UNLV or any one of the 4 Hoya teams that played more than 2 years in the NBA. Each one of those teams had STARTERS, that wouldn't make the 76ers 15 man roster. Even Worthy and Jordan's '82 team had two (2) starters that wouldn't make the 76ers' 15 man roster. Stop being silly.

The 76ers dont have any players that could start for those college teams. Sure the 76ers have a better bench but as long as none of the 4 best players on the floor are on the 76ers they arent going to win. All those teams win 4 of 5 matchups over the 76ers. Take away the NBA 3pt line, make the 76ers play by NCAA rules and add in the fact that each of those teams has a HoF coach and they are in serious trouble.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,105

Post#234 » by mattg » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:06 am

Talent/future all star apps/earnings DOES NOT equal current game impact. Look how many insane talents who came out of HS to NBA weren't good right away. Lebron wasn't even a big impact guy as a rookie, just put up large, inefficient volume stats due to role. No one on UK even approaches 2 tiers below that level of talent.
greenandgold
Senior
And1: 202

Post#235 » by greenandgold » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am

Sixers just waived a dude who was playing 21 minutes a game (with two starts this season). They are filling his roster spot with another undrafted random replacement-level player, who will probably start a bunch of games.

That's half the roster: random undrafted replacement level players. Sixers = D-League squad.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,647
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#236 » by LloydFree » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Warspite wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

The 76ers dont have any players that could start for those college teams. Sure the 76ers have a better bench but as long as none of the 4 best players on the floor are on the 76ers they arent going to win. All those teams win 4 of 5 matchups over the 76ers. Take away the NBA 3pt line, make the 76ers play by NCAA rules and add in the fact that each of those teams has a HoF coach and they are in serious trouble.

As I said before, your statement is silly. North Carolina, which was that era's Kentucky x10, had "Frickin" King Rice and Matt Dougherty as starters. Neither one of those two(2) STARTERS could make the 76ers team. And I don't know what your problem is, if you don't think a 23 year old Michael Carter Williams and 26 year old Luc mbah aMoute, would be any less than starters over King Rice and Matt Dougherty. MCW and LRMaM could start on that team WHEN THEY WERE IN College, let alone now as NBA Veterans. Anybody that takes your position in this kind of argument, needs to take a lesson in understanding context.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
baubo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,274

Post#237 » by baubo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 pm

greenandgold wrote:That's half the roster: random undrafted replacement level players. Sixers = D-League squad.

A random D-League, should it enter the NCAA tournament, would be the prohibitive favorite to win it. Not to mention the Sixers have several players (even without MCW/Noel) that are clearly much more above that level.
GallagherArt
Pro Prospect
And1: 838

Post#238 » by GallagherArt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:01 pm

greenandgold wrote:Sixers just waived a dude who was playing 21 minutes a game (with two starts this season). They are filling his roster spot with another undrafted random replacement-level player, who will probably start a bunch of games.

That's half the roster: random undrafted replacement level players. Sixers = D-League squad.

Lol, talk about an agenda...

Chris Johnson started a few games and due to his awful play was taken out of the rotation, sort of warrants him getting waived.

Meanwhile, Robert Covington was the D-League MVP last season and the first overall selection in the D-League this season... This is sort of the signing you shouldn't be upset and bitching about, he's proven to be above that level of competition.
TRUST THE PROCESS
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#239 » by OrlandO » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm

I believe Covington was all-star game MVP, not season MVP of the d-league. Until he proves otherwise, he should be expected to be a scrub in the NBA. It's pretty depressing looking at the list of former d-league #1 overall picks as most eventually get a shot in the NBA but are bounced out of the league without ever making much impact.
beans-boy
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#240 » by beans-boy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Could the 76ers beat Buffalo?? Kentucky are struggling to right now..

Return to The General Board