This board really needs to apologize to Andrew Wiggins

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,587

Re: This board really needs to apologize to Andrew Wiggins 

Post#241 » by DaPessimist » Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 am

Warriors have to seriously think about keeping Wiggins and moving DrayGod.
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,487

Post#242 » by Lala870 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:06 am

Wiggins still has so much potential to be the next big thing. Same with KAT. Just need to take that next step
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
moderndarwin
Rookie
And1: 1,196

Post#243 » by moderndarwin » Mon May 23, 2022 4:22 am

Apologize and move on guys. Maple Jordan taking no prisoners.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#244 » by vagelis » Mon May 23, 2022 4:33 am

And to continue, maple Jordan had a ton of offensive performances like this with the Wolves.
But the team was losing and he was named a bad player.
We are talking about so many lies about Wiggins.
Playoffs is his chance because it is the big stage to show who he is and nobody can lie anymore
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,061

Post#245 » by Blazing_royale » Mon May 23, 2022 4:36 am

Maple Jordan has arrived.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,987

Post#246 » by tsherkin » Mon May 23, 2022 4:46 am

vagelis wrote:And to continue, maple Jordan had a ton of offensive performances like this with the Wolves.

But what actually happened was that he proved to be an inefficient scorer who didn't create very well for others, so he was ill-suited to the focal offensive role for which he was drafted. He never has developed his long 2pt jumper to any effect and his mid-range game is still fairly shoddy. He's developed his 3pt shooting nicely and he has improved his handle some as well, which is useful, but he remains best-suited more as a third option than anything else. He looks great in context, but he's also facing different defensive coverage while primary offensive players around him draw attention away from him.

He is very well suited to his current role in Golden State and is doing a great job, but it doesn't speak to him being underrated in Minnesota or in any way mislabeled...
vagelis
Starter

Post#247 » by vagelis » Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 am

tsherkin wrote:
vagelis wrote:And to continue, maple Jordan had a ton of offensive performances like this with the Wolves.

But what actually happened was that he proved to be an inefficient scorer who didn't create very well for others, so he was ill-suited to the focal offensive role for which he was drafted. He never has developed his long 2pt jumper to any effect and his mid-range game is still fairly shoddy. He's developed his 3pt shooting nicely and he has improved his handle some as well, which is useful, but he remains best-suited more as a third option than anything else. He looks great in context, but he's also facing different defensive coverage while primary offensive players around him draw attention away from him.

He is very well suited to his current role in Golden State and is doing a great job, but it doesn't speak to him being underrated in Minnesota or in any way mislabeled...

He currently in the last games seems as the second option next to one of all time bests Curry.
This is the role that fits him best for the Warriors.
If he was in another team he could be the first option again but maybe not title contender.
chyau.00
Starter
And1: 713

Post#248 » by chyau.00 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:55 am

DaPessimist wrote:Warriors have to seriously think about keeping Wiggins and moving DrayGod.

lacob has never shipped anyone out for financial reasons..why would he start now?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#249 » by tsherkin » Mon May 23, 2022 5:07 am

vagelis wrote:He currently in the last games seems as the second option next to one of all time bests Curry.

Yes, Curry's presence makes life considerably easier for him, as it does for anyone playing next to him. I don't know that I'd call Wiggins the second option, though you could certainly make the argument right now based on shooting volume. Poole and Klay have both been shooting more than him over the postseason, but in this particular series, Wiggins is getting a little more show time, so to speak.

If he was in another team he could be the first option again but maybe not title contender.

He could, but it would be a bad idea, is sort of the point which has been circling around this thread. Wiggins is better off in a supporting role. That's where he's shining for a reason, and it's been great for him and for the Warriors.
vagelis
Starter

Post#250 » by vagelis » Mon May 23, 2022 5:11 am

tsherkin wrote:
vagelis wrote:He currently in the last games seems as the second option next to one of all time bests Curry.

Yes, Curry's presence makes life considerably easier for him, as it does for anyone playing next to him. I don't know that I'd call Wiggins the second option, though you could certainly make the argument right now based on shooting volume. Poole and Klay have both been shooting more than him over the postseason, but in this particular series, Wiggins is getting a little more show time, so to speak.

He could, but it would be a bad idea, is sort of the point which has been circling around this thread. Wiggins is better off in a supporting role. That's where he's shining for a reason, and it's been great for him and for the Warriors.

I don't agree with you in your last paragraph but we have a nice conversation.
Hope Wiggins plays better from now on in order you like him even more
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by tsherkin » Mon May 23, 2022 5:15 am

vagelis wrote:I don't agree with you in your last paragraph but we have a nice conversation.
Hope Wiggins plays better from now on in order you like him even more

I like him fine, he's been a fantastic supporting player for the Warriors. The defensive gravity Curry has, coupled to the passing the Warriors display, really opens things up for Wiggins. Here and there, he'll drive and do something big because Golden State stretches the defense out so much that there are clear seams to attack and defenders can't really afford to help hard off of guys like Curry or Klay or Poole, which then makes someone like Wiggins quite valuable to their attack. He's been a very important part of their resurgence and this run towards the Finals. It's just a mistake to conflate that with the ability to prop up a team as the focal offensive player, that's all.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#252 » by righterwriter » Mon May 23, 2022 5:28 am

tsherkin wrote:

I agree that he's a perfect fit on this team. Doesn't have to be a 25ppg guy, just do what he does best, which is be an all-around good and consistent player who can do everything at a high level, and he and the team succeeds.
nfmos
Veteran
And1: 3,540

Post#253 » by nfmos » Mon May 23, 2022 5:32 am

chyau.00 wrote:
DaPessimist wrote:Warriors have to seriously think about keeping Wiggins and moving DrayGod.

lacob has never shipped anyone out for financial reasons..why would he start now?

Apparently he has told Myers to keep it under $400 million with the payroll and luxury tax. We are so lucky to have him and this group as our owners.
audiosway
Junior
And1: 276

Post#254 » by audiosway » Mon May 23, 2022 5:33 am

What for? A lot of players look great playing next to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#255 » by tsherkin » Mon May 23, 2022 5:35 am

righterwriter wrote:
I agree that he's a perfect fit on this team. Doesn't have to be a 25ppg guy, just do what he does best, which is be an all-around good and consistent player who can do everything at a high level, and he and the team succeeds.

Exactly. For Wiggins on Golden State, his Minny career doesn't exist. He can set that behind him. What matters to them is chasing a championship, and he's contributing to their chances to win one right now with how he slots into his role. Not everyone needs to be the leading scorer. And he's showing in this particular series that he can dial it up a notch for a while as well; over the first two rounds, Poole and Klay were outshooting him by volume, but he's carrying a bit more of a load against the Mavs. Matchups, right? It's good stuff. Watching the Warriors play, BS turnovers, Dray nonsense and all, is really fun.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,654

Post#256 » by dc » Mon May 23, 2022 5:35 am

audiosway wrote:What for? A lot of players look great playing next to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green.

Harrison Barnes was pretty meh and uninspiring and just looked line an all around average player. And everyone thought Nick Young would be a natural fit but the dude was just lost in Kerr's system.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
audiosway
Junior
And1: 276

Post#257 » by audiosway » Mon May 23, 2022 5:38 am

dc wrote:
audiosway wrote:What for? A lot of players look great playing next to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green.

Harrison Barnes was pretty meh and uninspiring and just looked line an all around average player. And everyone thought Nick Young would be a natural fit but the dude was just lost in Kerr's system.

And yet Harrison Barnes managed 2 max contracts out of it. I always like Iggy and he's a very good player. But, do you really think he was a Finals MVP? Klay, Dray, and Steph draw a lot of attention.

I didn't say every player. I said a lot of players.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,240

Post#258 » by MrBigShot » Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 am

I think people are forgetting he makes 30 mil a year. So him figuring it out and fitting in the warriors system to make a positive impact is great, but it just means that he's an overpaid contributor instead of an albatross who hurts the team like Westbrook.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,487

Post#259 » by Lala870 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:50 am

MrBigShot wrote:I think people are forgetting he makes 30 mil a year. So him figuring it out and fitting in the warriors system to make a positive impact is great, but it just means that he's an overpaid contributor instead of an albatross who hurts the team like Westbrook.

Exactly lol. This board kills me... any small thing wiggins does you would swear this man dropped 80 points in an elimination game 7 finals off the bench.

The Wiggins cult has been going strong on the GB since the Minny days.

Hes like the anti-paul george
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#260 » by tsherkin » Mon May 23, 2022 5:51 am

MrBigShot wrote:I think people are forgetting he makes 30 mil a year. So him figuring it out and fitting in the warriors system to make a positive impact is great, but it just means that he's an overpaid contributor instead of an albatross who hurts the team like Westbrook.

Sure, his contract is a little larger. Obviously the scale of contracts has been growing for some time, though. Klay makes about $38 mil this season, for example. And even Tim Hardaway on Dallas is making 21. Wiggins is making 3, 4 mil more than Jayson Tatum or Al Horford, just for some context, so the scale of his contract isn't really that far off from what might be reasonable, comparatively speaking.

Return to The General Board