2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 46,593

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2981 » by DaGawd » Fri May 10, 2024 12:42 am

Spree2Houston wrote:Not sure why Pacer fans are complaining. You have no business being in the 2nd round. You got gifted a series with no Giannis and hobbled Dame and still needed 6 games to finish them off lol. Then you get a Knick team missing Randle, Mitch, Bojan, now OG and Brunson on one foot and you’re still down 2-0 lol Maybe it’s not the refs. Maybe your team isn’t really that good. All the whining isn’t going to fix that.

it’s mostly fans of these other small market teams who see the pacers in themselves and thinking there’s some kind of unfair advantage going on
BaF
Washington Wizards
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,477

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2982 » by Oscirus » Fri May 10, 2024 12:56 am

game 4 is unlikely as well

Read on Twitter
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,516

Post#2983 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 am

Read on Twitter

carry on....
cgf
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#2984 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

carry on....

I get how they missed that one. Especially depending on what their angle on it was. From above it looks super floppy but from the regular TV angle it does look like it could be a loose-ball foul.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#2985 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 am

DaGawd wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dont think you see OG unless Knicks make the finals

we ain’t beating boston without him so that’s the season then if you’re right

They're super talented...but these Celtics are still soft. Our physicality could throw them and you can beat them up inside.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 46,593

Post#2986 » by DaGawd » Fri May 10, 2024 1:21 am

cgf wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:
I dont think you see OG unless Knicks make the finals

we ain’t beating boston without him so that’s the season then if you’re right

They're super talented...but these Celtics are still soft. Our physicality could throw them and you can beat them up inside.

truth i just think og is too big a piece to that physicality advantage we hold over most teams. especially without mitch
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM

Post#2987 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am

DaGawd wrote:
cgf wrote:
DaGawd wrote:we ain’t beating boston without him so that’s the season then if you’re right

truth i just think og is too big a piece to that physicality advantage we hold over most teams. especially without mitch

Oh no doubt a healthy OG would be key, but I can see Precious and the Hart foundation just pushing them around...even without Mitch, Ju, or OG.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#2988 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:24 am

cgf wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

carry on....

I get how they missed that one. Especially depending on what their angle on it was. From above it looks super floppy but from the regular TV angle it does look like it could be a loose-ball foul.

I don't care that they missed it, it's the constant whining from every fan base it feels like that the refs are rigging every series for us when 70% of the time over the past 20+ years we haven't gotten "favorable whistles" it felt like ever.... not Melo, not Starbury, not STAT, not Kidd, not Chauncey, not Randle .... big time names

We had no business winning last night but great teams find a way to win, always have. Jalen Brunson was SENSATIONAL last night on one leg.... on the eve of Willis Reed's famous heroics in the finals.... Indiana got beat plain and simple. They lost a game they should of had wrapped up numerous times before half time.. Brunson missed almost half the 1st Q & the ENTIRE 2nd Q.... if that's not bad enough OG gets hurt in the 3rd & misses the ENTIRE 4th

Make it make sense
cgf
RealGM

Post#2989 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
cgf wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

carry on....

I don't care that they missed it, it's the constant whining from every fan base it feels like that the refs are rigging every series for us when 70% of the time over the past 20+ years we haven't gotten "favorable whistles" it felt like ever.... not Melo, not Starbury, not STAT, not Kidd, not Chauncey, not Randle .... big time names

We had no business winning last night but great teams find a way to win, always have. Jalen Brunson was SENSATIONAL last night on one leg.... on the eve of Willis Reed's famous heroics in the finals.... Indiana got beat plain and simple. They lost a game they should of had wrapped up numerous times before half time.. Brunson missed almost half the 1st Q & the ENTIRE 2nd Q.... if that's not bad enough OG gets hurt in the 3rd & misses the ENTIRE 4th

Make it make sense

It's mostly the same handful of salty Philly/Brooklyn/LA fans who are still bitter that their crap teams are already golfing. Plus those two Raptors fans who were watching us for OG before deciding that the fix was in no matter what evidence they were confronted with.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,628

Post#2990 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 1:46 am

cgf wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Make it make sense

It's mostly the same handful of salty Philly/Brooklyn/LA fans who are still bitter that their crap teams are already golfing. Plus those two Raptors fans who were watching us for OG before deciding that the fix was in no matter what evidence they were confronted with.

Yeah, Pacers fans have been good company by and large
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 15,052

Post#2991 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 10, 2024 1:50 am

Insane
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,440

Post#2992 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 am

Read on Twitter
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Ja. Butler | Vincent
SG: Au Thompson | Griffin |
SF: B.Ingram | Prince| C.Williams
PF: JJJ | GG Jackson | Love
C: Drummond | Ware
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,778

Post#2993 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri May 10, 2024 2:13 am

cgf wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Make it make sense

But they tell you they have no skin in the game and therefore are unbiased posters on the GB, then proceed to complain about every single call that goes the Knicks way. Bunch of Rick Carlisles filing their complaints to the league.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,380

Post#2994 » by Spree2Houston » Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

Carlisle complained we’re being bullies
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#2995 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:23 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

10000000000%

Summed it up perfectly
cgf
RealGM

Post#2996 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Insane
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Just 3 miles? Even lazy Footballers run more than that in a match.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#2997 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:38 am

Read on Twitter
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#2998 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 10, 2024 3:55 am

Nuntius wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
First of all, that's the definition of a whataboutism. It's like getting caught with your hands in the cookie jar and turning around and saying "but, but, John took some cookies too, teach".

Second of all, when you accuse someone of flopping, you usually also provide examples of that. When you don't provide any examples, you kinda lose credibility.

FIRST OF ALL, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT whataboutism.

If the claim is that the refs aren't calling the game fairly and both teams got away with flops, my point stands as absolutely and completely valid. Unless you belong to the Rick Carlisle school of "it's only a foul when they do it" camp.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but RB34's post is simply that tweet pointing out a bad call. It's not in the wider context that you're claiming it to be. It's simply that. Criticizing a bad call. One can criticize a bad call without subscribing to the idea that the NBA is trying to rig the series for the Knicks or whatever else BS conspiracy theory is out there.

If the above is true and the tweet simply criticized that bad call (like I understood it) then it's definitely whataboutism. It's the definition of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the story in this thread and in this series is the reffing. (and the Pacer's choking, but . . . lets talk about the reffing).

If I'm criticized for making a counter-example to a video and what the video implies, then what's the point of even having a forum?

Let's just block all replies whenever a post is made. No counter examples allowed.
No ears were harmed. Carry on with your Sunday afternoon
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#2999 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 10, 2024 4:06 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:The crying about calls went from entertaining to pretty pathetic

49 missed calls from game 2 feels excessive, but I'm curious how the league will respond.

Just for fun (and I know I'm quoting my own post but . . . hear me out).

Game 2, the Pacers had 17 fouls called on them and the Knicks had 14.

If there were 49 missed calls, then, some of the pacer fouls weren't fouls, lets take away 10, so Pacers really committed 7 fouls

and for the other 39 - the Knicks really committed 53 fouls.

Alec Burks only played 44 seconds, so lets not count him. That's 7 players, 53 fouls. That's 7.6 fouls per player. The entire Knicks rotation fouls out.

Some of those would be inbound fouls, so lets say 28 of the 39 are shooting fouls. Indiana shoots 56 Free Throws, and lets say they make 42 of them. NY's entire rotation fouls out and NY is running d-leaguers out there.

Indiana wins 163-86.

Rick Carlisle sees nothing wrong with this.
No ears were harmed. Carry on with your Sunday afternoon
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 16,245

Post#3000 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:28 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

Small Markets Matter :(

Return to The General Board