If GoldenState get the #1 pick

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

spoonhoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Re: If GoldenState get the #1 pick 

Post#41 » by spoonhoops » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

They will obviously trade Ellis, draft Wall and start all over with new management. I can't wait till the Warriors get a new coach too.
Jazz_Man_86 on Favors:

"He is not Dwight Howard. He's max is 20 + 13 + 2 = is this a supers tats? No."

Dwight 2011-2012 - 20.6 Points - 14.5 Rebounds - 2.1 Blocks
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#42 » by northoakland510 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:53 pm

The Warriors need to draft Cousins. The Warriors needs a big who can bang and score.
Viol8tor Mode
Junior
And1: 1

Post#43 » by Viol8tor Mode » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Good lord, trade the dam pick!

Why would you want a team filled with kids? Try to get a big guy out there who's been proven worthy.
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by KOBE_PAUER » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Monta Ellis >>> Wall.... People overrates the rookie, I dont remember when a number 1 pick was legit. Bust in the making. Keep Ellis and Curry, draft Wall and trade him for big men.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#45 » by G-Heel » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 pm

KOBE_PAUER wrote:Monta Ellis >>> Wall.... People overrates the rookie, I dont remember when a number 1 pick was legit. Bust in the making. Keep Ellis and Curry, draft Wall and trade him for big men.

Rose, Dwight, Lebron, Yao?? Griffin is injured, we'll see how he'll do next year. Oden injured, if he was healthy, he can still be a top 5 player from that draft.. not too shabby. There are couple of busts, but saying no #1 pick was legit is false.

LMAO @ Ellis >>> Wall.. Monta Ellis is a chucker that play no defense, dude shoots almost 22 attempts per game to avg his 25ppg. Wall will surpass him by 2nd season. Wall may even more valuable in his rookie season (in term of helping his team wins).

I think Golden States should trade down and take Turner if they get #1 pick.
Fire Otis!
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#46 » by KOBE_PAUER » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 pm

G-Heel wrote:
KOBE_PAUER wrote:Monta Ellis >>> Wall.... People overrates the rookie, I dont remember when a number 1 pick was legit. Bust in the making. Keep Ellis and Curry, draft Wall and trade him for big men.

Rose, Dwight, Lebron, Yao?? Griffin is injured, we'll see how he'll do next year. Oden injured, if he was healthy, he can still be a top 5 player from that draft.. not too shabby. There are couple of busts, but saying no #1 pick was legit is false.

LMAO @ Ellis >>> Wall.. Monta Ellis is a chucker that play no defense, dude shoots almost 22 attempts per game to avg his 25ppg. Wall will surpass him by 2nd season. Wall may even more valuable in his rookie season (in term of helping his team wins).

John Wall FG % is worst than Ellis' playing in the NBA. Check out the numbers. That guy will be another chucker, at least GS know who is Ellis, and Ellis is an allstar caliber player IMO.
SOUP
Banned User
Location: Nets playoffs next year, championship within 5 years? Lets do it Prokhy.

Post#47 » by SOUP » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm

KOBE_PAUER wrote:
John Wall FG % is worst than Ellis' playing in the NBA. Check out the numbers. That guy will be another chucker, at least GS know who is Ellis, and Ellis is an allstar caliber player IMO.

RealGM..... Where comparing undersized SG's to PG's that haven't played a single game in the NBA happens.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#48 » by pass first » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 pm

SOUP wrote:
KOBE_PAUER wrote:

RealGM..... Where comparing undersized SG's to PG's that haven't played a single game in the NBA happens.

Well, if Wall played for Nellie he'd be an undersized SG too. :lol:
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#49 » by KOBE_PAUER » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 pm

SOUP wrote:
KOBE_PAUER wrote:

Im not started that comparison, people said "Draft Wall, and trade Ellis", You said it, Ellis is a SG, and Wall a PG... So?? "Draft Wall, and trade Curry" is the statement, but noone would trade Curry after his first season...GS drafting Wall is a nonsense...
SOUP
Banned User
Location: Nets playoffs next year, championship within 5 years? Lets do it Prokhy.

Post#50 » by SOUP » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 pm

KOBE_PAUER wrote:
SOUP wrote:
KOBE_PAUER wrote:

Im not started that comparison, people said "Draft Wall, and trade Ellis", You said it, Ellis is a SG, and Wall a PG... So?? "Draft Wall, and trade Curry" is the statement, but noone would trade Curry after his first season...GS drafting Wall is a nonsense...

You were trying to compare by FG%'s an NBA SG to a college PG, your argument lost base right there. Wall hasn't played a single game in the NBA so you can't say he sucks, and he's not the #1 prospect just because he's cool.

What GS would most-likely do would be to just draft Turner IMO. That way they can just plug him in at the 3 and see how he fairs.
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#51 » by KOBE_PAUER » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 am

KOBE_PAUER wrote:
SOUP wrote:
KOBE_PAUER wrote:

You were trying to compare by FG%'s an NBA SG to a college PG, your argument lost base right there. Wall hasn't played a single game in the NBA so you can't say he sucks, and he's not the #1 prospect just because he's cool.

What GS would most-likely do would be to just draft Turner IMO. That way they can just plug him in at the 3 and see how he fairs.

We dont know if he'll be great either. Thats what Im saying. Ellis has proved his quality in GS, Wall is a prospect. How do you trade your best player for a prospect??? Maybe Wall can be great, or maybe he can be a bust, but today, you have Ellis as SG and Curry as PG aswell. And both are legit. Some guys said here that Ellis is a chucker and Wall is far better, thats a wrong statement, first we will see Wall, and then we will make a comparison....
RunMCR
Banned User

Post#52 » by RunMCR » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 am

Lol indeed at comparing COLLEGE FG% to NBA FG%. Because the competition in college is OH SO MUCH BETTER than competition in NBA and the defense is OH SO MUCH TOUGHER.

And lol at calling Ellis a chucker considering that when he was in the right role (not #1 option with 4 d-leaguers, but #2/3 option off-ball) he was averaging 21 ppg on 50+% shooting. He's the same guy who posted 25 ppg on 60% in a month on a playoff team. (you know? the team that actually had uninjured talent).

Ah, Wall stans are so hilarious.

and then you say trade Ellis and have a back court of Wall and Curry. Not sure if you were serious..Wall is smaller than Monta, Curry is smaller than Monta. So now you have 2 PG's on one team? What's the point? Your SG should be getting shots just like Monta is, except in a team that has a front court and an actual rotation of healthy players he will get quality shots and shoot at a higher % just like he proved 2 seasons ago.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#53 » by SadKingsFan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am

Stringcheese wrote:Or..

we draft Evan Turner, he plays SF

PG: Curry/Watson
SG: Ellis/Morrow/Buike
SF: Turner/Maggette/Buike
PF: Randolph/Wright
C: Biedrins/Turiaf

now THAT is a team
Meh, i honestly haven't seen Evan Turner play all that much so im being serious when i ask this...wouldn't it be better if they just trade Ellis and Put Turner in the backourt with Curry? Sounds good to me, especially since they can finally have some size in the backourt, instead of the whole lineup being so small.
RunMCR
Banned User

Post#54 » by RunMCR » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 am

Who's going to play SF?
SOUP
Banned User

Post#55 » by SOUP » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 am

RunMCR wrote:Lol indeed at comparing COLLEGE FG% to NBA FG%. Because the competition in college is OH SO MUCH BETTER than competition in NBA and the defense is OH SO MUCH TOUGHER.

And lol at calling Ellis a chucker considering that when he was in the right role (not #1 option with 4 d-leaguers, but #2/3 option off-ball) he was averaging 21 ppg on 50+% shooting. He's the same guy who posted 25 ppg on 60% in a month on a playoff team. (you know? the team that actually had uninjured talent).

and then you say trade Ellis and have a back court of Wall and Curry. Not sure if you were serious..Wall is smaller than Monta, Curry is smaller than Monta. So now you have 2 PG's on one team? What's the point? Your SG should be getting shots just like Monta is, except in a team that has a front court and an actual rotation of healthy players he will get quality shots and shoot at a higher % just like he proved 2 seasons ago.

Nobody said college is tougher, or NBA is tougher, hit the breaks there buddy. It's just Wall hasn't even been able to prove himself in one solid NBA game and you guys are calling him a bust.

When did I say I wanted a Curry/Wall backcourt? And who the hell told you Monta is bigger than Wall?? :lol:
RunMCR
Banned User

Post#56 » by RunMCR » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am

Hold on let me go hit my BREAKS and go watch Monta being the 6th leading scorer against real competition.

Oh yeah they are the same size. I thought Monta was 6'4 for some reason.
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#57 » by KOBE_PAUER » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:29 am

SOUP wrote:
RunMCR wrote:Lol indeed at comparing COLLEGE FG% to NBA FG%. Because the competition in college is OH SO MUCH BETTER than competition in NBA and the defense is OH SO MUCH TOUGHER.

Nobody said college is tougher, or NBA is tougher, hit the breaks there buddy. It's just Wall hasn't even been able to prove himself in one solid NBA game and you guys are calling him a bust.

No. Im just saying he doesnt deserve to be called "better than Ellis", when he didnt play a single NBA game how youre saying. Ellis traded to take Wall is stupidness at its best.
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#58 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 am

Keep Ellis, Wall, Curry
Trade Maggettte

Curry
Ellis
Azubuike
Wright
Biedrins

6th-Randolph
Role players- Turiaf, Wall, Williams

Monta, Curry, or Wall could also be 6th man (respectivly) but we all know Monta would flip the FK%C out if we Draft a PG
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#59 » by SadKingsFan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:53 am

RunMCR wrote:Who's going to play SF?

You cant fix everything at once. Especially with that team...
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#60 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 am

SadKingsFan wrote:
RunMCR wrote:Who's going to play SF?

You cant fix everything at once. Especially with that team...

Azubuike...He shouldve started since the Jax trade but injuries :/

Return to The General Board