WOJ: Jason Kidd losing support within Nets' locker room

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Re: WOJ: Jason Kidd losing support within Nets' locker room 

Post#41 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:55 am

somewhere in Boston, Ainge is rolling over laughing his arse off.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#42 » by jamesnamida » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:58 am

Grammer Nazi wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:i agree that the nets will get better value, but you guys have to know that most GMs still will trade for DWill as if he is a star.
Morey himself asked for Dwill for lin + asik. king didnt even listen, and it was just a formality, but morey would totally do it if he thought that king might agree. so would most other GMs. King would be foolish not to ask for parsons, since morey already thought he had no chance with lin + asik.

That was weeks ago. With the Lopez injury and increasing amount of team unrest, the Nets have basically zero leverage. I doubt Houston even considers the original offer at this point.

they don't have much leverage, but they can just as easily keep this team going forward. dwill didn't demand a trade or anything. he will still be a positive to the nets. he isnt a scrub, still has alot of talent, though he is lacking in effort.
ak47 is iono what... "messed up back" and have been for awhile...little value as well, unless he comes back healthy.

asik isn't even with the team, morey couldn't even get a 1st rounder with him. his value is pretty low at the moment. the rockets can get no production with him, the bridge is burnt.

its pretty much dwill for lin and parsons.
lin cant even get ahead of beverly, and parsons is an extremely good 3rd option, but he will never be better than that imo on a good team.

i wouldnt do it if i was morey, i dont think a dwill/harden/dwight lineup will work well. and parsons is a pretty good glue guy.

but if i was king i would do it in a snap.

i dont think it favors houston, but im saying its plausible enough for some people, to consider it to be even or better for the rockets.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#43 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:03 am

ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#44 » by ndnow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:10 am

Not his fault the GM was dumb enough to hire him.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,914

Post#45 » by Tacoma » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:19 am

When I first heard that King had hired Kidd as Head Coach, my first thought was WTF!? While Kidd has so far proved to be less than competent, the blame lies more with the guy whose judgment was to hire him in the first place. The buck starts and stops at the GM.
Grammer Nazi
Junior
And1: 575

Post#46 » by Grammer Nazi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:27 am

jamesnamida wrote:
Grammer Nazi wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:i agree that the nets will get better value, but you guys have to know that most GMs still will trade for DWill as if he is a star.
Morey himself asked for Dwill for lin + asik. king didnt even listen, and it was just a formality, but morey would totally do it if he thought that king might agree. so would most other GMs. King would be foolish not to ask for parsons, since morey already thought he had no chance with lin + asik.

That was weeks ago. With the Lopez injury and increasing amount of team unrest, the Nets have basically zero leverage. I doubt Houston even considers the original offer at this point.

they don't have much leverage, but they can just as easily keep this team going forward. dwill didn't demand a trade or anything. he will still be a positive to the nets. he isnt a scrub, still has alot of talent, though he is lacking in effort.
ak47 is iono what... "messed up back" and have been for awhile...little value as well, unless he comes back healthy.

asik isn't even with the team, morey couldn't even get a 1st rounder with him. his value is pretty low at the moment. the rockets can get no production with him, the bridge is burnt.

its pretty much dwill for lin and parsons.
lin cant even get ahead of beverly, and parsons is an extremely good 3rd option, but he will never be better than that imo on a good team.

i wouldnt do it if i was morey, i dont think a dwill/harden/dwight lineup will work well. and parsons is a pretty good glue guy.

but if i was king i would do it in a snap.

i dont think it favors houston, but im saying its plausible enough for some people, to consider it to be even or better for the rockets.

First off, it's not "pretty much dwill for lin and parsons". Asik is still a useful player in a bad situation that can still have a lot of value to contending teams at the deadline. You can't just take players out of the equation to make your trade seem less lopsided, lol. Plus, if Morey has held onto him for this long, why would he suddenly dump him for zero value?

Lin playing behind Beverely has less to do with playing ability and more with roster balance and, unfortunately, coaching. He's currently a 15ppg and a plus defender and was on track to be a 18 ppg guy before injuries. Lin playing behind Beverely has as much relevence as James Harden playing behind Thabo or JR Smith playing behind James White.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,862

Post#47 » by inquisitive » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:27 am

jamesnamida wrote:1. Fire Kidd and king
2. Dwill and ak47 for Lin asik and parsons
3. Attempt to trade jj to a dumber gm if that's possible.
4. Pp for Kmart + filler

Lin
Kmart
Parsons
Kg
Asik
Terry 6th man

Summer trade asik for picks.

That's a fourth seed at worst in the east

if you're gonna troll, at least be more creative....it's bad enough that your posts are stupid, but damn, this one tops it all. :lol:
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by jamesnamida » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:47 am

inquisitive wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:1. Fire Kidd and king
2. Dwill and ak47 for Lin asik and parsons
3. Attempt to trade jj to a dumber gm if that's possible.
4. Pp for Kmart + filler

Lin
Kmart
Parsons
Kg
Asik
Terry 6th man

Summer trade asik for picks.

That's a fourth seed at worst in the east

if you're gonna troll, at least be more creative....it's bad enough that your posts are stupid, but damn, this one tops it all. :lol:

It's your gm who attempted to trade Lin and asik for dwill lol apparently adding ak47 and parsons in there is wayyyyy off base.
The most implausible part is Pp for Kmart. Hahaha take off your rockets homer glasses.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,902

Post#49 » by MAQ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:51 am

dpgcdr wrote:I was thinking about getting a Garnett Nets jersey, should I hold off now since we don't know what's going to happen if he gets traded?

Nah, you should get it...Nothing better than having the lost year of Garnett's career. I just love obscure jerseys, and that mofo's going to be obscure.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by jamesnamida » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:53 am

First off, it's not "pretty much dwill for lin and parsons". Asik is still a useful player in a bad situation that can still have a lot of value to contending teams at the deadline. You can't just take players out of the equation to make your trade seem less lopsided, lol. Plus, if Morey has held onto him for this long, why would he suddenly dump him for zero value?

Lin playing behind Beverely has less to do with playing ability and more with roster balance and, unfortunately, coaching. He's currently a 15ppg and a plus defender and was on track to be a 18 ppg guy before injuries. Lin playing behind Beverely has as much relevence as James Harden playing behind Thabo or JR Smith playing behind James White.

That's why it's a good trade for the nets lol.
Asik has no on court value for Houston, they have to trade him eventually, but he has value since he will play for any other team lol.
Lin and parsons will help out a lot. He is under utilized in Houston. Bev and brooks can keep the boat afloat though because of this.
The only thing the rockets will really miss is parsons. And dwill might be a net negative haha or be that champion piece if he rounds back into form with all stars in their prime around him.
Houston ain't really broke so I wouldn't rock the boat. The nets need to make moves.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,862

Post#51 » by inquisitive » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 am

jamesnamida wrote:

Asik has no on court value for Houston, they have to trade him eventually, but he has value since he will play for any other team lol.
Lin and parsons will help out a lot. He is under utilized in Houston. Bev and brooks can keep the boat afloat though because of this.
The only thing the rockets will really miss is parsons. And dwill might be a net negative haha or be that champion piece if he rounds back into form with all stars in their prime around him.
Houston ain't really broke so I wouldn't rock the boat. The nets need to make moves.

keep digging...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#52 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:46 am

Shocking.
TDevilsG
Rookie
And1: 188

Post#53 » by TDevilsG » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:53 am

I suspected this was going to happen after the Christmas game and the yelling. The blame lays on both the players as well as Kidd but with a payroll this large, the players and expectations as they are, the coach will be the first to go. I still don't think trading Williams right now is a good idea at all. This team is not in tank mode and he has been their best player by a large margin. What the Nets need to do is bring in an experienced, proven and respectable coach as soon as possible and trade anybody not named Williams for some youth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,540

Post#54 » by Woodsanity » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:57 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:
barborous wrote:
Each of Lin, Asik, and Parsons by themselves has more trade value than Deron.

eh the exaggeration is strong in this one....

The sad part is it isn't. Who the heck wants to pay the max for D. Will? He can't guard a garbage can, is never healthy, has a cancer reputation. Also how the heck does he fit in with a ball dominant player like Harden? Last thing you need is two ball dominant guards who are horrid at D.

As for the Lin + Asik for D. Will. Its off the table now. It may have been enticing before since Asik was contributing nothing but the Nets have no leverage now and D. Will has been looking terrible.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
TankCommander
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#55 » by TankCommander » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 am

jamesnamida wrote:

you really have a weak grasp on asset management. Parsons is on a dirt cheap contract and is contributing more than d-will and ak47 atm (doesn't mean he's better than d-will). Morey is a asset management wizard and understands the value of rookie contracts and good contracts in general. D-will is getting paid max money for the next 5 years and is already injury prone.

The only reason he would offer asik x Lin for d-will is because he knows that the nets are the only team that would stomach taking Lin and asik's back loaded contracts.

No way in hell would he add in parsons and the nets don't have any enticing assets (because billy king is incredibly inept at asset management)
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by jamesnamida » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:56 am

TankCommander wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:

you really have a weak grasp on asset management. Parsons is on a dirt cheap contract and is contributing more than d-will and ak47 atm (doesn't mean he's better than d-will). Morey is a asset management wizard and understands the value of rookie contracts and good contracts in general. D-will is getting paid max money for the next 5 years and is already injury prone.

The only reason he would offer asik x Lin for d-will is because he knows that the nets are the only team that would stomach taking Lin and asik's back loaded contracts.

No way in hell would he add in parsons and the nets don't have any enticing assets (because billy king is incredibly inept at asset management)

You guys know that I said this is what the nets should do, not what the rockets should do.

Yea morey is all about asset management, he knows parsons is on his rookie deal. His value will never be higher.
He is gonna get get a big pay day real soon and the rockets have to match. Lin and asiks contract as you said, are hard to stomach. If dwill can perform anywhere near what he's supposed to perform, and playing next to two stars in their prime might just do that, then it's not a bad deal at all.
Right now it definitely favors the nets, that's why I proposed it as a step out of their situation if it can be pulled off.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,468

Post#57 » by whocurrz » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 am

The only good coaches ever Kidd played for were Motta and Carlisle. But he played for some successful teams in between. You'd that would make him a very good leader. But being fresh out of the game with zero time to gain experience or even observe combined with playing for a lot of coaches who were meh while trying to lead a team of guys who were recently his basketball peers is quite obviously a disaster.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#58 » by Ong_dynasty » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 am

I always found it idiotic when you were going on a win now mode and spend all that money on it then hire a rookie coach..you have say a 2 year window..and you are going to be cheap in the coach hiring?wtf?

It reminds of when the eagles got all those f.a and then hired the o-line coach to be a defensive coordinator..like wtf! U already spent almost 100million..carry on to make sure the investment carries
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 12,128

Post#59 » by Nate505 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 am

Kidd may be the biggest coaching debacle in NBA history.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#60 » by kombayn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 am

Jason Kidd needs to be fired now, and I would honestly put Lawrence Frank as the interim head coach right now. He's worked with KG & Pierce before and Kidd is lost out there. Cut your losses and if things get worse or stay the same. Get rid of Billy King too, this is a nuclear situation of how things turned out and it's all because of the one hire of Jason Kidd as coach. Just silly.

Return to The General Board