Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth.

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,357

Re: Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth. 

Post#41 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 am

Pennebaker wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
That's just hindsight being 20/20. It's easy to say "emphatic no" now after the fact.

Ultimately the person to blame is KD himself as he's the one that calls the shots for his body.

I also think that there is a chance that this injury may not have been preventable and he may have always been susceptible to an achilles tear. Maybe in multiple universes - even ones where KD was never injured to begin with - Durant always tears his achilles at that precise minutes load.

True KD takes big part of the blame for going out there in the first place. But doesn't the org have a say in wether someone gets to play or not? I might not have the evidence to back this up but i just cant see doctors looking at the injury and thinking yes this guy is ready to play elite level basketball.

Yes, of course. But that's not an order. It's a suggestion. The Warriors apparently cleared him. But guys like Derrick Rose and Kawhi Leonard both famously said "no thank you" after their team doctors cleared them to play. Ultimately it comes down to Kevin Durant clearing himself to play. That's where the buck stops.

alirght dude i agree with that. Im more pissed we might not ever see KD play at the level we're so used to seeing him play at.

Cousins aswell man..**** is so annoying!
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,148

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:https://streamable.com/p93kr

While i do think it's disgusting what happened last game surrounding KD..no doubt what Jalen says here hits the nail on the head. This dude gave himself to the franchise because people were putting stuff in his head. In no way should he have played this series.

It's like modern day gladiators at times.

That's just hindsight being 20/20. It's easy to say "emphatic no" now after the fact.

Ultimately the person to blame is KD himself as he's the one that calls the shots for his body.

I also think that there is a chance that this injury may not have been preventable and he may have always been susceptible to an achilles tear. Maybe in multiple universes - even ones where KD was never injured to begin with - Durant always tears his achilles at that precise minutes load.

True KD takes big part of the blame for going out there in the first place. But doesn't the org have a say in wether someone gets to play or not? I might not have the evidence to back this up but i just cant see doctors looking at the injury and thinking yes this guy is ready to play elite level basketball.

The thing is we don't know what went on behind the scenes. We don't know what the doctors told him. It could've easily gone down like this.

Doctors clear him, say he is going to be in pain and the risk of further injuring himself is high, but he could go out there and be effective. That could've been all of it. Kerr and others could've easily said the decision is up to him.

Did he feel pressure to play? Of course he is an all time great and his team is down 3-1 in the finals. But this is kind of what he signed up for. Many times you're going to have to make risky decisions.

Do I think it's a bad look for GS? Ya it is, especially with Looney going down. But unless we find out the front office gave him bad information or withheld information from him so he couldn't make the most educated decision. I don't think anyone deserves any blame. But if you wanted to point fingers at someone, I think the 30 year old adult that knows his own body and had all the up to date medical information on himself. I think it's on him.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#43 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:

The thing is we don't know what went on behind the scenes. We don't know what the doctors told him. It could've easily gone down like this.

Doctors clear him, say he is going to be in pain and the risk of further injuring himself is high, but he could go out there and be effective. That could've been all of it. Kerr and others could've easily said the decision is up to him.

Did he feel pressure to play? Of course he is an all time great and his team is down 3-1 in the finals. But this is kind of what he signed up for. Many times you're going to have to make risky decisions.

Do I think it's a bad look for GS? Ya it is, especially with Looney going down. But unless we find out the front office gave him bad information or withheld information from him so he couldn't make the most educated decision. I don't think anyone deserves any blame. But if you wanted to point fingers at someone, I think the 30 year old adult that knows his own body and had all the up to date medical information on himself. I think it's on him.

And there's the right answer. Everything else is just nonsensical crocodile tears from delusional anti-authority dweeps. What more do you want from a medical staff? Your body is yours. Unless you're a danger to others, the default is always to give the patient every ounce of information you can, and even a suggestion... and then let them decide for themselves.

To add to your scenario. The doctors could have even said, "If it was me, or someone I loved, I would advise them against it." And Durant still went out there. We just don't know, but public crucifixions are more entertaining I guess.
WalkOnAir
Sophomore
And1: 340

Post#44 » by WalkOnAir » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Why are we abbreviating ‘about’ to ‘bout’?

Because 'about' takes too damn long to spell out. :lol:
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,326

Post#45 » by Lalouie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

While i do think it's disgusting what happened last game surrounding KD..no doubt what Jalen says here hits the nail on the head. This dude gave himself to the franchise because people were putting stuff in his head. In no way should he have played this series.

well, and that is why no one is to blame. if everyone is to blame, then no one is to blame. what kd did,,,,that is the culture he lives in. he's a gladiator, we anoint our gladiators, our heros.

and oh btw, jalen left out kd's peers. you know,,,,his TEAMMATES. they were there every practice watching how he looked. they were there yesterday dressed in slacks just watching kd go through his very very light workout ups against the scrubs. all eyes were on kd because of the anticipation of "is tonight the night". so there was that peer pressure as well, and kd had to answer to that.

but again, NO ONE is to blame because that is the world kd lives in. gymnasts competing with a broken ankle. in fact, maybe KD is to blame because he didn't go the kawhi route - he kept quiet. it wasn't only people "putting stuff in his head". it was also kd putting stuff in his own head because that's what high paid superstars do.

Had a big arguement with my brother about this..He blamed the Org for letting him play..i said there is plenty of blame to go around..KD knows his body best anyone who saw him play last game knew he had no business being out there. But how the doctors cleared him i have no idea. Media aswell all that noise creates tension,pressure.

I feel for KD because of how much he loves the game. As someone who was gone a long time because of injuries while playing sports i can relate to it..It's a bitch because it's a big part of who you are.

''doctors can only go so far. at some point the patient has to tell the doctor if anything is wrong. if kd says nothing, if the doctors say everything is ok, then there it is. in what sports universe given that situation, will anyone think to keep their star out. it just doesn't happen.

in fact, the sport, the culture DEMANDS it. start with the salaries. the average nba salary is 6.5 million. that's $162,500 for 40yrs. of the superstars, because that's who we're talking about, durant is making 25,000,000. in one year, kd will make $600,000 for 40years. excuse me, but it's the responsibility of the players to push themselves. kd has played 11 years and made well over $300,000,000. i feel bad for what happened, but he didn't end up like oden and oden didn't do so badly either. athletes have a short career anyway. so not being able to do the thing they loves happens early to all physical performers

this moral outrage is BS. if that's the outrage people are feeling, then remember that those athletes their watching perform ALL play with injuries that ultimately come at a cost.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,713

Post#46 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual.

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.
That's not a delusion my dude

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,148

Post#47 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

And there's the right answer. Everything else is just nonsensical crocodile tears from delusional anti-authority dweeps. What more do you want from a medical staff? Your body is yours. Unless you're a danger to others, the default is always to give the patient every ounce of information you can, and even a suggestion... and then let them decide for themselves.

To add to your scenario. The doctors could have even said, "If it was me, or someone I loved, I would advise them against it." And Durant still went out there. We just don't know, but public crucifixions are more entertaining I guess.

Exactly. Again unless information comes out that shows GS gave him bad information or withheld information. I really don't see how they are to blame at all for this. KD is a grown man, he knew the risks, he could've easily just said sorry guys I want to play, I just can't do it with this risk. This is not some parent forcing their child into something. KD can make his own decisions.
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#48 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 am

Lalouie wrote:

well, and that is why no one is to blame. if everyone is to blame, then no one is to blame. what kd did,,,,that is the culture he lives in. he's a gladiator, we anoint our gladiators, our heros.

and oh btw, jalen left out kd's peers. you know,,,,his TEAMMATES. they were there every practice watching how he looked. they were there yesterday dressed in slacks just watching kd go through his very very light workout ups against the scrubs. all eyes were on kd because of the anticipation of "is tonight the night". so there was that peer pressure as well, and kd had to answer to that.

but again, NO ONE is to blame because that is the world kd lives in. gymnasts competing with a broken ankle. in fact, maybe KD is to blame because he didn't go the kawhi route - he kept quiet. it wasn't only people "putting stuff in his head". it was also kd putting stuff in his own head because that's what high paid superstars do.
Not exclusively.

That's what people who lack confidence (psychologically) do. Unfortunately, KD let the pressure of the media get to him, let the importance of his image get to him, and he got in his own head. You and Jalen are spot on here.

KD is just trying to get the respect he deserves, get people to understand how he feels, and try to align the outside world with his world. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. As a result, KD has externalized himself and made a poor decision.

Feel very sorry for him. Hope he comes back

Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#49 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:I can't stand hyperbole.

Modern day gladiators. Get out of here. Gladiators? You mean slaves forced to fight each other, animals, and the elements to THE DEATH?

They're paid MILLIONS of dollars and live the lives of gods, man. Nobody forced KD out there. He's a grown man.

Sucks what happened and he should never have been playing in the series to begin with, but to say he was unfairly influenced is yet another way of try to blame others rather than the person responsible.

Sure, was there media buzz? Of course.

Did his teammates want him out there? Of course.

Did the Warriors want him out there? Of course.

It's his job. It's what he's under contract to do. It's what he's paid tens of millions to do.

He made the decision.

If it were some child who didn't know better or some college student unfairly influenced by agents, nike, his team, his coach, the media, etc, then I'd agree.

But this is a grown man. A super star. One of the best there ever has been or ever will be. This isn't Zion Williamson playing the NCAA tournament, this is Kevin F******* Durant playing the NBA finals.

He made this decision.
This is well thought out, but pretty short sighted.

What you are missing is that KD is exactly what you described.

These athletes are conditioned. You grow up and go through all development milestones as an athlete. You have normal human functioning, but all you know is basketball and your stardom. Stressful way to live. For someone sensitive like KD, it's very possible the stress of the situation, and the concern about his image caused him to make the decision to play. It was his decision, sure. But there's more too
it than "he's a grown man making millions of dollars, contracted to do his job..etc" He's a sensitive grown man who's adult personality developed as he was a superstar...lacks formal education and opportunity for genuine self growth...it's easy to realize that KD put too much wood into the fire the media was fueling. And these athletes are dehumanized, no doubt.

Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#50 » by Joel Embust » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:11 am

Modern day gladiators. Get out of here. Gladiators? You mean slaves forced to fight each other, animals, and the elements to THE DEATH?

They're paid MILLIONS of dollars and live the lives of gods, man. Nobody forced KD out there. He's a grown man.

Sucks what happened and he should never have been playing in the series to begin with, but to say he was unfairly influenced is yet another way of try to blame others rather than the person responsible.

It's his job. It's what he's under contract to do. It's what he's paid tens of millions to do.

He made the decision.

If it were some child who didn't know better or some college student unfairly influenced by agents, nike, his team, his coach, the media, etc, then I'd agree.

But this is a grown man. A super star. One of the best there ever has been or ever will be. This isn't Zion Williamson playing the NCAA tournament, this is Kevin F******* Durant playing the NBA finals.

He made this decision.

/thread
Ecmic
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#51 » by Ecmic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Exactly. Again unless information comes out that shows GS gave him bad information or withheld information. I really don't see how they are to blame at all for this. KD is a grown man, he knew the risks, he could've easily just said sorry guys I want to play, I just can't do it with this risk. This is not some parent forcing their child into something. KD can make his own decisions.

I'd bet Durant is currently very interested in those original injury MRI's; I'm unsure to what extent Durant sought a second opinion from his own people.

Golden State's public messaging on the issue (claims like "there's no risk of additional injury") does cloud the waters on what type of info was being fed to Durant in private. If there's any incongruity between those MRI's and what Durant was told, things could get ugly between the parties, though it might not ever become public knowledge.
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#52 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:14 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

He made the decision.

He made this decision.

if the warriors 15th man decides that he is gonna play, does he walk to the scorers table and check into the game? players can say "im ready" but its not a free society. its not like he made a choice to go to a movie and just get in his car and go. his employers can legally stop him from playing.

If there's good cause. There's not enough information here. If Durant sues the Warriors, and a bunch of questionable MRIs pop up, we can crucify everyone then. There's just ludicrous amounts of conjecture at this point, and people jumping to all sorts of conclusions with not data or evidence. We have no idea what the medical staff knew, or believed. Honestly.... tough **** Durant, he's an adult, he made the decision, took the risk, and life happens.

I'm tiring of the crocodile tears from fans at this point.
The point is that Durant, like most these guys, have the insight and self reflection of 15 year olds.

Decision making in their media driven world of stardom just isn't as easy for them as it may be for us. I think this is what people want others to sympathize with.

The guys been miserable, makes a mistake, and damages his career. This is more than "tough ****", this is probably a life changing experience for KD. Trauma. Sucks

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Post#53 » by Metallikid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am

100% The Warriors should have held him out.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,794

Post#54 » by Dez » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 am

He didn't hit any nail on the head.

Player (Durant) decided to try and play to help team (Golden State) win a championship.

That is the only fact presented, the rest is baseless conjecture by lunatic fans.
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#55 » by Ben Simmons » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 am

Would love for Rose to get fired.
Anything to get rid of Molly, the most torturous sound in the world :x
Makes Stephen A. Smith sound like an angel.
Actually to be honest I've always liked Stephen A. Smith's voice, even though he gets teased for it more than anyone.
If I had a voice as cool as Stephen A. Smith's, I'd never stop talking, whereas if I had Molly's voice I'd keep quiet.
Jalen Rose's voice isn't as bad as Molly's, but its a bit rough.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,417

Post#56 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.

He’s not saying any different than you just did, he’s adding the context of why it matters. So either you didn’t listen to it, or you did and can’t understand what he’s saying...at which point I would say it’s not because Jalen’s the idiot.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,326

Post#57 » by Lalouie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

Not exclusively.

That's what people who lack confidence (psychologically) do. Unfortunately, KD let the pressure of the media get to him, let the importance of his image get to him, and he got in his own head. You and Jalen are spot on here.

KD is just trying to get the respect he deserves, get people to understand how he feels, and try to align the outside world with his world. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. As a result, KD has externalized himself and made a poor decision.

Feel very sorry for him. Hope he comes back

he'll come back. a 50% kd is better than 90% of the league. he'll still shoot, whether the rest of his game is affected or not. he'll still shoot and he'll still be 7' tall.

HE'LL BECOME DIRK AT LEAST
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Post#58 » by svart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:53 am

I think everybody is to blame here, theoretically. i am still not sure of the medical part of the problem, as i am not an expert, so i leave that aside for the most part.
We, the fans, are to blame. Everybody has been calling him names, snake, cupcake, coward, and he somehow (stupidly) cared too much about that. beside that, please take a look at the topics prior to his injury and see how many idiots questioned his loyalty and will to play, stating that he wants them to lose, that he's healthy and don't want to play.
He is to blame because he cared too much about what people are saying, for trying to prove the haters wrong. You can't do that, they are called haters for a reason. Well, he also have a competitive nature, but you can't blame that too much, is who he is.
The warriors organization if they pressured him to play. And the doctors IF (and this is a big if) will be proven they were hiding something. i doubt that, but want to mention it.
His agent, for knowing that he was still experiencing pain and not keeping him from playing.
The media for all the narratives they sustained for the sake of rating. Instead of focusing on the game they are always fishing for drama for the sake of ratings. This is not sport journalism anymore. And this drama reach the players, gets into their heads.
And this god damn society so quick to tag and hate, so divisive, that needs for a personal tragedy to happen to see the people as they are. it is incredible that it took Durant an injury to be "forgiven" by some idiots so-called basketball fans.
For me, this is devastating news. i will trade the whole year, a possible - as improbable - ring to a healthy KD. Even if he was going to leave the dubs, i would preferred to see him healthy playing for another team and kicking our ass instead of this.
And i want to finish with a big F. you to all the fans who cheered his injury. Not to all the fan-base of the raptors, only to that scumbags. And to the ones who are trying to deny it . No championship is worth losing your humanity and common sense.
It was really sickening all the takes from the last days from here, all the hate, the trolling and the sheer stupidity. i used to enjoy this forum, but these days i'm wandering what the hell i'm still doing here. the answer is i like this sport too much and want to be near it , but at some point it just does not worth it.
And with these being said, let's try to kick some Raptors butt tomorrow night .
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#59 » by Ben Simmons » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:53 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He’s not saying any different than you just did, he’s adding the context of why it matters. So either you didn’t listen to it, or you did and can’t understand what he’s saying...at which point I would say it’s not because Jalen’s the idiot.

I agree, if people put themselves in the shoes of Durant, it's hard to sit-out when your team is 3-1 down.
You'd always regret not trying.
Durant did what Michael Jordan would have done :nod:
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,781

Post#60 » by Collymore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 am

I was hoping to read something controversial that actually would get Jalen fired but it was just the usual nonsense about KD:s injury. Zzz...

Return to The General Board