Lonzo Ball's Performance in the Bubble

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,199

Re: Lonzo Ball's Performance in the Bubble 

Post#41 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:07 pm

He makes incredible look ahead passes. And defends.

He is just so bad at finishing and shooting. With the result being he is almost unplayable even with those positives.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#42 » by OGLife » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:08 pm

binjumper wrote:Not an offensive player. He is still the best defender on that team.

What a shot at Jrue.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,266

Post#43 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:11 pm

TJ Warren found Lonzo Ball's shoes (AirBall limit edition) and said, "Make me like Ball."

Bam, he stole Lonzo's shooting touch.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,221

Post#44 » by Optms » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Out of rhythm. He was playing fantastic before the shutdown.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,439

Post#45 » by JellosJigglin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Meh, I'm a big fan of Lonzo's game. He isn't a great scorer and never will be. When will people get this through their head? That's not his game but it's all people focus on since he came in the league. I'd happily take him on my team any time any day.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,810

Post#46 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm

Pharmcat wrote:all the Ball brothers are not NBA material...they are more suited for the globetrotters

Lamelo to Knicks confirmed
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#47 » by Lalouie » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:he's reverted back to his old self. it makes me think this is who he is.

Me too. Just before the Covid stoppage he was looking like he finally turned the corner, but now he has played exactly like he always played. Hes just a terrible scorer. I will give him 1 more season but it really concerning to see him reverting again to this.

he's not even trying to score. his fga's are like when he came into the league. this kind of thing is fine if he's on gsw, but he's not,,,this is the pels
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#48 » by elchengue20 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:36 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:If the Pels don't value Lonzo as much as they did, I would seriously give Griffin a call if I was Cuban. Lonzo with Dallas would be a terrific as all he has to do is fill a 3&D type of role while also acting as a secondary ballhandler to allow Doncic to play more off-ball on O as well as giving them a really great sized perimeter guard.

Hell no, Luka give his teamates open 3's all night. Dallas doesnt need Lonzo bricking most of them. What Dallas need is another 3+D wing in the Covington mold( like a better Finney Smith and move him to the bench) and a 6th man scorer creator (Campazzo ?).
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by elchengue20 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Lalouie wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:he's reverted back to his old self. it makes me think this is who he is.

Me too. Just before the Covid stoppage he was looking like he finally turned the corner, but now he has played exactly like he always played. Hes just a terrible scorer. I will give him 1 more season but it really concerning to see him reverting again to this.

he's not even trying to score. his fga's are like when he came into the league. this kind of thing is fine if he's on gsw, but he's not,,,this is the pels

I wouldnt try to score neither if im shooting 26% from the field and 19% from 3. He just has a terrible feel for scoring and his confidence dissapers after a few misses. He can have a good few games here and there, but it looks like he has a strong tendency to fall into these terribles strechts.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,095

Post#50 » by Pharmcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:all the Ball brothers are not NBA material...they are more suited for the globetrotters

Lamelo to Knicks confirmed

If they get lamelo they might as well trade a future 1st for lonzo, throw a future random 2nd Rd pick to get gelo from OKC g league team , and hire their father as coach .

It would be so fitting for NY
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#51 » by Lalouie » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:44 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

I wouldnt try to score neither if im shooting 26% from the field and 19% from 3. He just has a terrible feel for scoring and his confidence dissapers after a few misses. He can have a good few games here and there, but it looks like he has a strong tendency to fall into these terribles strechts.

yyyyup. all upstairs
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,584

Post#52 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:If the Pels don't value Lonzo as much as they did, I would seriously give Griffin a call if I was Cuban. Lonzo with Dallas would be a terrific as all he has to do is fill a 3&D type of role while also acting as a secondary ballhandler to allow Doncic to play more off-ball on O as well as giving them a really great sized perimeter guard.

Hell no, Luka give his teamates open 3's all night. Dallas doesnt need Lonzo bricking most of them. What Dallas need is another 3+D wing in the Covington mold( like a better Finney Smith and move him to the bench) and a 6th man scorer creator (Campazzo ?).

Uh, you realize Lonzo's been shooting 37% from deep this season on 6.3 3PA, and that's including the putrid shooting from the bubble right?
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by elchengue20 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:52 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

Uh, you realize Lonzo's been shooting 37% from deep this season on 6.3 3PA, and that's including the putrid shooting from the bubble right?

Ok, maybe you have a point. To me looking him fall again into his old self and shooting ridiculous low numbers is a red flag. I'll have to watch him shoot those numbers for another season to buy into him being an good 3+D player.

I agree that if he can hit the open spot up 3 consistenly, he could be a good fit in Dallas.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,584

Post#54 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

Ok, maybe you have a point. To me looking him fall again into his old self and shooting ridiculous low numbers is a red flag. I'll have to watch him shoot those numbers for another season to buy into him being an good 3+D player.

I agree that if he can hit the open spot up 3 consistenly, he could be a good fit in Dallas.

Dallas is one of the few places I’d trust him to really develop well from a shooting standpoint anyhow.
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 777

Post#55 » by lordjeff05 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Everybody take a breath. Overall he’s shown real improvement and I’m happy with his progress. He’s got a great connection to Zion and if he can learn to be more consistent, which often takes time, he will be a fine compliment to what the Pels already have.

I’m more worried about getting a floor spacing rim protecting big next to Zion than I am with replacing our pg.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,498

Post#56 » by Woodsanity » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Dude has always been hot trash
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#57 » by NZB2323 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 pm

I don't want to react too much off of a small sample size against elite competition when there was a 3 month layoff and he may not have had access to a gym.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#58 » by Air Apparent » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:29 am

"damaged goods"

jk (sorta)

i think he is what he is though now, that is the type of career he's gonna have, i don't expect him to improve much more than what we've seen from him these few years
basketball is a team sport
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#59 » by akhan786 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:52 am

ADMVP wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:He’s a brutal offensive player, essentially the Kwame Brown equivalent of a PG.

The Lakers basically traded Ingram and picks for Davis. Pels should have tried to get Kuzma or Caruso instead of Ball.
Lol no. Nobody wants Kuzma or Caruso.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

They should have tried to get Zubac instead of Ball
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,593

Post#60 » by DaPessimist » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:07 am

I saw a guy in a BBB sweater a month or so ago. I actually asked him if it was Big Baller Brand because I just had to confirm. :lol:

Return to The General Board