Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party”

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,267

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#41 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:24 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

Er...Enes is not Saudi.
Actually I'm not sure what he is now since I think King Erdogan officially exiled him for being a pain in his behind.

And Lebron isn't Chinese, his other victim. And so what if he's not Saudi, I mean hes trying to speak about the rights of Muslims in China, what about the rights of Muslims in other countries? Why only China? Muslims are persecuted in many parts of the world, minority sects within many muslim countries.

Thats the rabbit hole you go down when you decide what other NBA players should be criticizing.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,989

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#42 » by Diop » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:25 am

CarMalone wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:No response from Qing James yet.

FYI Q in Mandarin is pronounced "Ch". Calling him Qing James sounds ignorant and clueless.

Gotta admit, it makes it funnier for me
payton2kemp
Starter

Post#43 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:26 am

Bill Bradley wrote:I will take what Kanter says seriously when he starts to criticize the current US government.

As per his interview with Tucker we shouldn't be allowed to speak out against the US.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,008

Post#44 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:26 am

therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

Well maybe cuz he's not from Saudi Arabia, he's Turkish.
payton2kemp
Starter

Post#45 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:28 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:

Is Kanter Chinese? Lebron isn't Chinese either, your point makes no sense. He should be allowed to criticize china but not other countries that persecute muslims?

He's speaking up for the rights of muslims who are persecuted in man places.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,362

Post#46 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:30 am

Flopper wrote:So many layers of hypocrisy from Kanter here. The fact that he celebrates an appearance on Carlson's show is beyond ridiculous,
considering that Tucker is big a supporter of Hungarian autocrat PM Victor Orban and basically the voice of the white nationalism movement in mainstream US media. Orban's Hungary has in many ways been operating as an authoritarian regime since the start of the pandemic and has pushed a hard anti-immigrant, anti-LGBT, pro-Christian agenda. For a guy who's always screaming about freedom, seems odd that he's okay with that.

And that's before you get into however many metric crap tons of anti-muslim / immigrant rhetoric has been spewed on Fox over the years.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,008

Post#47 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:34 am

therealozzykhan wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

Is Kanter Chinese? Lebron isn't Chinese either, your point makes no sense. He should be allowed to criticize china but not other countries that persecute muslims?

He's speaking up for the rights of muslims who are persecuted in man places.

You gotta understand Kanter never stfu. It's what he does, talk talk talk. Best to just ignore him
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,491

Post#48 » by Bankai » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:35 am

Did anyone actually explain what Jeremy Lin actually did? Was it because he played in the CBA? So what?!

And his people and country? I thought Jeremy Lin and his Family were American....
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#49 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:36 am

therealozzykhan wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:I will take what Kanter says seriously when he starts to criticize the current US government.

As per his interview with Tucker we shouldn't be allowed to speak out against the US.

Oh yeah? Not surprised. Seems like he just goes along with caricature media narratives who tell him who he can criticize and who he should never criticize. He seems like a CNN activist which is not an activist at all.
payton2kemp
Starter

Post#50 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:38 am

Bankai wrote:Did anyone actually explain what Jeremy Lin actually did? Was it because he played in the CBA? So what?!

And his people and country? I thought Jeremy Lin and his Family were American....

Nothing, he signed with the Beijing Ducks a few days ago. So I guess he's a monster for doing that as per Kanter.

Maybe Kanter should donate some of that $106 million he's made to human rights, I see nothing in the news about that.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,386

Post#52 » by CptCrunch » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:41 am

This thread is actually a mix of full blown racism mixed with ignominious ignorance.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,647

Post#53 » by KGtabake » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:41 am

He lost me here. I don't know what Lin did and i don't care.
Lin wasn't about to change the status of Taiwan.
What a random attack. Pretty bad view for Kanter.
His comments on LeBron were on point, because LeBron made a pretty bad statement about Hong Kong and China which contradicted(and essentially ended) his more than an athlete image.

But you can't fight everybody especially if they haven't given the right publicly.

Plus, it's not a good thing that we don't talk about the things that he does as a player for quite some time now. As a matter of fact that annoys me the most.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,211

Post#54 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:42 am

I hope somebody checks him really hard on the court, what a annoying creature :-?
threethehardway
Rookie
And1: 1,776

Post#55 » by threethehardway » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:44 am

Nobody will admit that Enes Kanter anti- China crusade is classic Red Scare Sinophobia.

Lol like he doesn't live in a country that depends on Chinese manufacturing and loans. Like he doesn't live in a country that has the highest prison population in the world.

Lol I can list 100 things that America does that is just as bad as China but noooooooo.

China bad, Asian man bad, communism bad.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:44 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:CIA asset

The all coverage he's getting in the mainstream media is not coincidental, both on the left and right "news" networks , when its about foreign policy they are all united and they serve the same people . He's an useful idiot to propagate what the government wants, eternal conflicts and wars .
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,646

Post#57 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:45 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:CIA asset

What do you mean by that? Like Leo in Body of Lies?
    theforumblue
    Lead Assistant
    And1: 4,915

Post#58 » by theforumblue » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:48 am

Self aggrandizing troll
    screw these absolute garbage refs
    Mickey8
    Head Coach

Post#59 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:49 am

You get your head chopped up at the public square there regularly .
    dakomish23
    Forum Mod - Knicks
    Forum Mod - Knicks
    And1: 46,222

Post#60 » by dakomish23 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:51 am

His takes are pretty trash.

When this buffoon said you should shut up and be happy to be here b/c it’s not like other dictatorships, he missed the obvious that the main reason we are not a dictatorship is b/c we as Americans have the right to speak up about our country.

But OFC that goblin Carlson wasnt going to point out the obvious. He’s banks on his base not being able to see the obvious flaws in logic as he tries to divide this country enough to turn us into a fascist state
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to The General Board