Warriors should trade Curry , while he still has a great value

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 14,101

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still has a great value 

Post#41 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm

He's not owed a title contender. He's past his prime. If he can't be the lead dawg, time to ride out his career as an also ran while a new sheriff runs the show in this league. It happens to everyone. Bird retired in 92, his last finals appearance was in 87.

Kobe retired in 2016. His last Finals appearance was 2010. Just enjoy those flashes of old Steph while Steph is old. I miss Duncan, Ginobili and Parker, but you eventually move on.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,108

Post#42 » by One_and_Done » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm

Ssj16 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:You don't trade franchise legends like that. As long as Curry doesn't go full Kobe and try to turn his last few years into a circus then you keep him.

How did Kobe turn the Lakers into a circus when he was mostly injured and LA was playing with very subpar players in the last few years?

Demanded too much money for them to put a team around him, after driving off Dwight Howard & ant other potential FAs with his lack of self awareness; then forced the team to treat him like a star in his final seasons despite being washed. It was a circus.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,720

Post#43 » by Warriorfan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Just for perspective multiple publications rate Curry as one of top 10in trade value among NBA players

https://hoopshype.com/lists/trade-value-rankings-7-0-the-top-100-in-the-nba/
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,599

Post#44 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Just for perspective multiple publications rate Curry as one of top 10in trade value among NBA players

https://hoopshype.com/lists/trade-value-rankings-7-0-the-top-100-in-the-nba/

That list is silly.

Anthony Edwards is somehow less valuable than Steph. Injured Embiid entering his 30s is somehow more valuable than SGA and Edwards. I would be shocked if an auction of SGA/Ant brought in less than trades for Curry/Embiid.

I don't think Tatum should be above Wemby. It could be argued Jokic/Luka/Giannis shouldn't be either, but Boston in particular would solve all their fit/salary issues overnight while maintaining a dynastic ceiling with a straight-up Tatum for Wemby trade.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,658

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still have a great value 

Post#45 » by itrsteve » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:If Steph wants out they may honor it.

If Steph wants to stay he stays.

Klay on the other hand I think he's gone either way.

If Steph wants to stay, I keep him to keep seats filled and merch selling. He'll help bring up the next group of young guys.

Draymond - they're stuck. Klay's contract is expired anyway. I would do everything I could do to get out of those two and wiggins and reset their salary cap mess. Easier said than done though.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 262

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still have a great value 

Post#46 » by In-N-Out 247 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm

itrsteve wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:If Steph wants out they may honor it.

If Steph wants to stay he stays.

Klay on the other hand I think he's gone either way.

If Steph wants to stay, I keep him to keep seats filled and merch selling. He'll help bring up the next group of young guys.

Draymond - they're stuck. Klay's contract is expired anyway. I would do everything I could do to get out of those two and wiggins and reset their salary cap mess. Easier said than done though.

It's actually quite easy - just cut Chris Paul and bring back Klay on a reasonable contract - say $20M starting. That would put them at $162M in salary for 10 players (assuming GP picks up his PO).
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,779

Post#47 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm

NBA franchises are too loyal. So yeah, even if it’s the smart thing to do, it’s not happening.

Heck, they won’t/can’t even let go of Klay of Draymond. You watch, they don’t have the balls to do it.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,091

Post#48 » by jc23 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm

Id like to see him go to a team that would give him another shot at a title while he is still a #1 option.
Be curious, Not judgmental
LaLover11
Starter
And1: 1,219

Post#49 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm

jc23 wrote:Id like to see him go to a team that would give him another shot at a title while he is still a #1 option.

Literally the Lakers
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
jc23
RealGM

Post#50 » by jc23 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:37 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
jc23 wrote:Id like to see him go to a team that would give him another shot at a title while he is still a #1 option.

Literally the Lakers

ok, a team that is not named the lakers where he is the #1 option.
LaLover11
Starter

Post#51 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 pm

jc23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Literally the Lakers

Clippers for Westbrook lol
jc23
RealGM

Post#52 » by jc23 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
jc23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Literally the Lakers

ok, a team that is not in Los Angeles, borders a body of water, has a history of great food, cold winters, corrupt politicians and rhymes with the word bravado.
LaLover11
Starter

Post#53 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 pm

jc23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
jc23 wrote:

ok, a team that is not in Los Angeles, borders a body of water, has a history of great food, cold winters, corrupt politicians and rhymes with the word bravado.

Donovan Mitchell for Curry

Stephen can try winning Ring #2 for Cleveland and get a Statue next to LeBron, it's only right
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,350

Post#54 » by Impuniti » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 pm

Last Guardian wrote:GS can still shoot with any team. I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't just get a real C or any size whatsoever.

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,304

Post#55 » by John Murdoch » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:03 pm

In a tough spot..reminds me of kobes last couple seasons
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,139

Post#56 » by Drakeem » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
dygaction wrote:They should buyout Curry so he can join a contender of his choice as a lifetime service award.

That's too much appeasing to Curry and not enough to their fans. You have to show them they're getting something worthwhile back for the future. Fans are probably not going to want to see him go.
Idk, the fans got 4 rings and one of the greatest teams in NBA history. I think Curry has done enough.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,416

Post#57 » by Onus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:09 pm

Drakeem wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
dygaction wrote:They should buyout Curry so he can join a contender of his choice as a lifetime service award.

That's too much appeasing to Curry and not enough to their fans. You have to show them they're getting something worthwhile back for the future. Fans are probably not going to want to see him go.
Idk, the fans got 4 rings and one of the greatest teams in NBA history. I think Curry has done enough.

TBH if we traded Curry I wouldn't even want anything back. Just set him up to win a title the best way possible. It would just be salary matching needed from my perspective. He's done enough for the franchise.

But realistically he's a lifer the way it should be. He literally brought this franchise from the doldrums of the NBA to be the most valued NBA franchise. If there's ever a lifer it should be him.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Post#58 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:11 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:GS can still shoot with any team. I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't just get a real C or any size whatsoever.

Who is this about? :lol:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
LaLover11
Starter

Post#59 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:12 pm

Onus wrote:
Drakeem wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

TBH if we traded Curry I wouldn't even want anything back. Just set him up to win a title the best way possible. It would just be salary matching needed from my perspective. He's done enough for the franchise.

Jordan wasn't even a lifer smh

But realistically he's a lifer the way it should be. He literally brought this franchise from the doldrums of the NBA to be the most valued NBA franchise. If there's ever a lifer it should be him.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,065

Post#60 » by R-DAWG » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm

One_and_Done wrote:You don't trade franchise legends like that. As long as Curry doesn't go full Kobe and try to turn his last few years into a circus then you keep him.

Even if he does - he has earned the right to be one of the few stars who plays his entire career with one team.

I think both the Miami Heat and Dwayne Wade both wish the summer of 2016 would have played out differently.

Return to The General Board