ECQF | (3) Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (6) | TOR 4-2

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Bizness2520
Sophomore
And1: 120

Re: ECQF | (3) Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (6) | MIL 2-1 

Post#461 » by Bizness2520 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Bucks are playing out of their minds right now. Its not sustainable but good for them. They are shooting everything at higher percentages from the regular season. Its really not sustainable but good for the Bucks team for making those shots. Ill be mad if we lose and those same shots start to not fall.

But, do you think it's sustainable? lol

Only needs to be sustainable for this series. Nobody on this side of the bracket is beating Cleveland next round. But for Milwaukee to get to the 2nd round, would be a huge confidence boost for them as a current team and Franchise. And for a budding superstar in Giannis. They have a nice young core that could be great for years to come. This would be a huge stepping stone. They are getting stronger and stronger as this series goes on.
Bizness2520
Sophomore

Re: ECQF | (3) Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (6) | MIL 1-1 

Post#462 » by Bizness2520 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:No matter how bad yesterday was (it was horrible), all Toronto needs is a w in game 4 to complete their goal heading into Milwaukee.

I think Bucks are the better team but they can't be complacent.

In theory yes! Buttttt. If this was in Toronto, i'd say Toronto has a good chance to even it up. But the game being in Milwaukee again with a crazy crowd getting it going again. I see another win for Milwaukee. Man Milwaukee has too much confidence now, and they are at "HOME" Raptors **** up by losing game 1 at home, they are screwed. If Toronto would have taken care of home court they'd still be up 2-1. But now they are down 1-2 and gotta win on the road just to even it up.

Milwaukee has dominated this series, this looks like a avalanche that's about to happen. This gone get ugly!
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#463 » by hege53190 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Bizness2520 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Bucks are playing out of their minds right now. Its not sustainable but good for them. They are shooting everything at higher percentages from the regular season. Its really not sustainable but good for the Bucks team for making those shots. Ill be mad if we lose and those same shots start to not fall.

Only needs to be sustainable for this series. Nobody on this side of the bracket is beating Cleveland next round. But for Milwaukee to get to the 2nd round, would be a huge confidence boost for them as a current team and Franchise. And for a budding superstar in Giannis. They have a nice young core that could be great for years to come. This would be a huge stepping stone. They are getting stronger and stronger as this series goes on.

People still underestimating the Bucks. Cleveland is very beatable. They are complete trash on defense.

I am not saying it is a forgone conclusion that the Bucks, if they make it that far, will beat the Cavs because you know. LeBron. But Cleveland is very beatable.
Bizness2520
Sophomore

Post#464 » by Bizness2520 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 pm

hege53190 wrote:
Bizness2520 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

People still underestimating the Bucks. Cleveland is very beatable. They are complete trash on defense.

I am not saying it is a forgone conclusion that the Bucks, if they make it that far, will beat the Cavs because you know. LeBron. But Cleveland is very beatable.

Cleveland is beatable, but not by this young Bucks team. But I do think Washington can beat them. Most likely will see that matchup in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#465 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Raps were in the same positions in last years playoffs in both first round series and still managed to win. They also managed to fight back to 2 all vs the cavs.

They have been playoff underachievers for 3 or 4 years now, especially the Brick Brothers but last year they at least showed they were resilient. I wouldn't write them off yet even though they give us every reason to.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#466 » by fansinceforever » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Bizness2520 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

My comment was very tongue in cheek. I really don't think what the Bucks are doing is unsustainable unless you're talking about our effort on the defensive end. We're making wide open shots, getting to the basket and scoring inside at will and scoring in transition. Saying we're just shooting the lights out and we can't sustain this is wrong.
Bizness2520
Sophomore

Post#467 » by Bizness2520 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Bizness2520 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

My comment was very tongue in cheek. I really don't think what the Bucks are doing is unsustainable unless you're talking about our effort on the defensive end. We're making wide open shots, getting to the basket and scoring inside at will and scoring in transition. Saying we're just shooting the lights out and we can't sustain this is wrong.

Bucks dominating in all phases good assessment. Definitely not just shooting the lights out. They are smothering them on defense, hitting shots, driving to the basket, everything. Only reason Raptors won game 2 is because they were at home and desperate, and the Bucks were still trying to find themselves somewhat. Milwaukee is brimming with confidence now, and being at home should only bolster that confidence. Bucks are fun to watch. Looking forward to watching them game 4.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#468 » by Yeezus_ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Bizness2520 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

I should clarify that the shots being made are unsustainable. Both your wide open and contested shots.
Yeezy SZN approaching
Bizness2520
Sophomore

Post#469 » by Bizness2520 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Dupp wrote:Raps were in the same positions in last years playoffs in both first round series and still managed to win. They also managed to fight back to 2 all vs the cavs.

They have been playoff underachievers for 3 or 4 years now, especially the Brick Brothers but last year they at least showed they were resilient. I wouldn't write them off yet even though they give us every reason to.

I just can't see it this time man. Last year was a fluke, and the East was about as bad as i've seen it in a long time. I do not see Toronto beating Milwaukee in Milwaukee. Just can't see it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,813

Post#470 » by AussieBuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Raptors are putting everything into stopping Giannis clowning them, keep giving us wide open shots and we'll keep hitting them. :dontknow:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#471 » by Ramed Nazored » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 am

I know this isn't a popular opinion right now in Raptor Land, but damn, if they end up loosing this series and having to rebuild, I'll miss this group.

They provided us with a ton of exciting moments and some really fantastic stretches of basketball. Last year's playoff run was a joy to me, regardless of how hard a time they had with dispatching the Pacers and Heat.

I'm disappointed in this team right now. This series is beginning to take on the same energy as that disastrous Wizards fiasco back in 2015.

I hope they play with some pride tomorrow and make it competitive.
FromTheNorth
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#472 » by FromTheNorth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:38 am

AussieBuck wrote:

Raptors are putting everything into stopping Giannis clowning them, keep giving us wide open shots and we'll keep hitting them. :dontknow:

Props to the bucks and the Greak Freak, he looks unstoppable so far. :banghead:
But all good things come to an end, so don't sleep on my Raptors just yet. Not all of their fans have given up on them ... yet. :crazy:

A storm is coming and the young bucks better bring their umbrella tomorrow it's gonna be raining buckets :P
The mid-range assassin is not gonna be stopped any longer :D
Join us on the Raptors Telegram Channel for Game Time Chats!
https://t.me/NBA_TorontoRaptors
Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Post#473 » by Clementine64 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:15 am

AussieBuck wrote:

Lil B based God just blessed the Raptors tonight. Raptors went from being a massive underdog to now favourites to win in 6
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,973

Post#474 » by tundraknight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:30 am

The Raptors need to bring back the Barney jerseys.
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#475 » by Erifee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:24 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,807

Post#476 » by Kalela » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:52 am

Bucks are a young team and may not be able to handle pressure. If the Raptors play smart then they can win on Saturday and finish off the Bucks in the next 2 games after that.
Fire Mazzulla
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#477 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 am

If the raptors lose these series it won't be because of lowry/derozan.
That's definetely a factor but the use of valanciunas has been really horrible.
He's the only guy the bucks can't stop if he gets the ball.
I've said it again(on this thread). I have no idea what the raptors are doing with the C position.
There's no reasonable explanation for this.
Still, i think the raptors will win the series. Bucks have done what the fanbase wanted: They proved that they can own the future.
The present ain't so important, they are not winning the championship this year(neither the next 2).
But now they are gaining the confidence they needed and they are making their team a desirable destination for FA.
Bucks have already won in my books even if they don't progress to the next round.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#478 » by hege53190 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Kalela wrote:Bucks are a young team and may not be able to handle pressure. If the Raptors play smart then they can win on Saturday and finish off the Bucks in the next 2 games after that.

Wait. When did you write this post? It says today but this is the same **** that has been spewed about the Bucks now for over a month.

Outplaying Toronto (who is a very good team) in every facet of the game in the playoffs really hasn't changed this perception?

I am just glad this game is played on the basketball court and not in the court of public perception.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#479 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Kalela wrote:Bucks are a young team and may not be able to handle pressure. If the Raptors play smart then they can win on Saturday and finish off the Bucks in the next 2 games after that.

So far there's only one team in this series that has displayed any qualities of "not being able to handle pressure" it's not the Bucks.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#480 » by GFreak34 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board