BREAKING: Dwight officially requests a trade

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Re: BREAKING: Dwight officially requests a trade 

Post#521 » by Bubstubbler » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:54 am

jeff1624 wrote:Heres why you take Lopez over Noah and Bynum:

Noah: Injury prone

Bynum: Even more injury prone

Lopez: has never missed a game in his career

Which begs the question: Which will happen first, Lopez misses a game or Lopez impacts a game?
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 843

Post#522 » by disoblige » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 am

bigpimpatl wrote:
disoblige wrote:He did this so his team gets something in return. He does not want to leave Orlando with nothing.

Yea dwight's a real nice guy. Surely we'll take NJ's scraps and crumbs! oh how grateful we are!

Dwigth wants to leave.
Orlando doesn't him to leave.

What's your solution?
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#523 » by 624 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 am

turtlesnjoi wrote:I'm confused.

All year long everyone said Rose was amazing and MVP because he was carrying the entire team on his back since they were so bad, but now all of a sudden those same guys are amazing and valuable?

I dunno....

This is a good point.

So I guess Rose didn't do it all of himself with all of this amazing value around him?
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#524 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 am

Orlando doesn't want Deng and Noah? Fine, I'm sure we can easily bring in a 3rd or 4th team that would be glad to give TPE's and picks for those guys.
bigpimpatl
Analyst
And1: 1,340

Post#525 » by bigpimpatl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:59 am

disoblige wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:
disoblige wrote:He did this so his team gets something in return. He does not want to leave Orlando with nothing.

Yea dwight's a real nice guy. Surely we'll take NJ's scraps and crumbs! oh how grateful we are!

Dwigth wants to leave.

What's your solution?

tell dwight to stfu while we work the best trade. If dwight really cared about the organization, he wouldn't interfere with our trade negotiations. Keep quiet and you'll be on a new team soon.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM

Post#526 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 am

Nets are going to look really stupid if they fail to get Howard. They better pray that Williams still stays and will probably be forced to dump $17 million into NENE.
High0ctane21
Lead Assistant
And1: 538

Post#527 » by High0ctane21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:30 am

Why would Deng/Noah/Gibson not be good for a rebuilding team?? All 3 of those players are still young. I would love to get Dwight here, but I doubt that'll happen.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#528 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:17 am

disoblige wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:

Dwigth wants to leave.

What's your solution?

I wouldn't trade Dwight right away. He's under contract. He should play in Orlando. I'd take my time and let the offers for Dwight roll in. If he insists on going to the Lakers, he's going to look like a baby, which probably he doesn't want. Besides, at that point, he'll have to revive and rebuild an aging franchise and Derek Fisher will be his point guard.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#529 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:21 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Nets are going to look really stupid if they fail to get Howard. They better pray that Williams still stays and will probably be forced to dump $17 million into NENE.

One more reason that I don't trade Dwight Howard right away if them ORL's GM. I get paid to compete against these teams. I'm the one holding the gem in D12. Let offers come in. Let half the season go by. Do nothing for a while and see what my team looks like during the regular season, then make the right decision for the Orlando franchise. Let the Lakers suck. Let the Nets suck. It only gives me more leverage.

Plus I let the rest of the free agents land so I get a good look at the lay of the land.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM

Post#530 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:38 am

Catchall wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:Nets are going to look really stupid if they fail to get Howard. They better pray that Williams still stays and will probably be forced to dump $17 million into NENE.

One more reason that I don't trade Dwight Howard right away if them ORL's GM. I get paid to compete against these teams. I'm the one holding the gem in D12. Let offers come in. Let half the season go by. Do nothing for a while and see what my team looks like during the regular season, then make the right decision for the Orlando franchise. Let the Lakers suck. Let the Nets suck. It only gives me more leverage.

Plus I let the rest of the free agents land so I get a good look at the lay of the land.

You may be right, but then you're also a year behind on your rebuilding schedule. If they trade D12 now they can tank for a top pick in the 2012 draft. They'll still have a good record and would probably still make the playoffs as a 6th-8th seed if they trade D12 midyear.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,054

Post#531 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:40 am

Trade him to chicago using the twolves. I want noah next to love.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#532 » by JunkYardSubs » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:42 am

Oh man how crazy would it be for the Lakers to miss out on Paul and Howard.

I mean it would completely make sense based on the assets the team has but still you know...
jmb987
Bench Warmer
And1: 109

Post#533 » by jmb987 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:44 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:
Catchall wrote:

You may be right, but then you're also a year behind on your rebuilding schedule. If they trade D12 now they can tank for a top pick in the 2012 draft. They'll still have a good record and would probably still make the playoffs as a 6th-8th seed if they trade D12 midyear.

Exactly. And if Dwight happens to get injured, there goes Orlando's leverage.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#534 » by stick » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Ive been all for trading him for a while.
I say get it over with and move on.
But not to Lakers.

I'd let him walk
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#535 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 pm

High0ctane21 wrote:Why would Deng/Noah/Gibson not be good for a rebuilding team?? All 3 of those players are still young. I would love to get Dwight here, but I doubt that'll happen.

I'll raise you. Mcgee/Blatche/Booker/2012 1st for D12. If only DC was one of his preferences :(
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,197

Post#536 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:
High0ctane21 wrote:Why would Deng/Noah/Gibson not be good for a rebuilding team?? All 3 of those players are still young. I would love to get Dwight here, but I doubt that'll happen.

I'll raise you. Mcgee/Blatche/Booker/2012 1st for D12. If only DC was one of his preferences :(

thats not a raise.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM

Post#537 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:45 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:Oh man how crazy would it be for the Lakers to miss out on Paul and Howard.

I mean it would completely make sense based on the assets the team has but still you know...

I think hilarious is the word.

But i'm sure Lakers will find a way to get Dwight. It's inevitable unfortunately, only a matter of time imo.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM

Post#538 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:

thats not a raise.

Throw in Jordan Crawford too then :D
bimmer100
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#539 » by bimmer100 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 pm

The odom dump was to receive the TPE (salary relief) and 2012 pick (the mavs sent to LA) that the hornets wanted. All this news about lakers backing out was in order to make the smokescreen for dallas to accept the odom deal with them thinking that the lakers are doing it for tax purposes.

THe 3 team trade is still the same but lakers can offer the TPE and the pick NO wanted. The league DID not approve the trade, thats what really happened...
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#540 » by GreenHat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 pm

That's BS.

He did it so he can leave a year early and get more money.

Guys like Lebron and Bosh had to take paycuts to sign with new teams. Dwight doesn't want to do that so he requested a trade now. Why would he purposely want to make his new team worse?
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.

Return to The General Board