Victor Wembanyama Mega-Thread - For all your Wembanyama needs!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Que Rico
Junior
And1: 391

Re: Victor Wembanyama Mega-Thread - For all your Wembanyama needs! 

Post#521 » by Que Rico » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Now that AD is hurt for a while, that Lakers pick is back in the Wemby steaks.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#522 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:23 am

Que Rico wrote:Now that AD is hurt for a while, that Lakers pick is back in the Wemby steaks.

If I was the Warriors I'd be wondering if it's worth digging themselves out of that hole or just give Steph the rest of the year off and dive for Wemby
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,736

Post#523 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:42 pm

turnaroundJ wrote:It feels like Wemby is on Oden level hype. Right next to Lebron.

Zion wasn’t even number one on draftexpress for most of his college season.

Yeah Zion became the guy but as said, when the season started it was which duke player will go first and at season start it was RJ.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,855

Post#524 » by scrabbarista » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:52 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Que Rico wrote:Now that AD is hurt for a while, that Lakers pick is back in the Wemby steaks.

If I was the Warriors I'd be wondering if it's worth digging themselves out of that hole or just give Steph the rest of the year off and dive for Wemby

I don't see a healthy Curry forfeiting a season at his age.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#525 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:07 am

Pachinko_ wrote:

You have to drop out of the playoffs to get Wemby. Warriors have as good a chance as any team of winning the 2023 champioship. Don’t be confused by the Warriors slow start. I would not give up a champioship to chase Wemby.

I wish the top pick was not part of the regular lottery but rather a part of a different lottery in which all teams had an equal chance to get the top pick.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#526 » by DanoMac » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:49 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:You have to drop out of the playoffs to get Wemby. Warriors have as good a chance as any team of winning the 2023 champioship. Don’t be confused by the Warriors slow start. I would not give up a champioship to chase Wemby.

Not trying to be a dick but have you seen Golden State this year my guy? They aren't sniffing a championship
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#527 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:23 am

DanoMac wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:You have to drop out of the playoffs to get Wemby. Warriors have as good a chance as any team of winning the 2023 champioship. Don’t be confused by the Warriors slow start. I would not give up a champioship to chase Wemby.

Not trying to be a dick but have you seen Golden State this year my guy? They aren't sniffing a championship

Yes I have seen the Warriors. They will pull it together by playoff time.. Who is supposed to stop the Warriors from winning the championship? There are 3 teams that have a chance to beat the Warriors, maybe 4 if Kawhi can get back to peak form, Maybe 5 if everything clicks right for the Nets which is not likey. Celtics added Brogdon, it won’t be enough. Bucks are a bit scarey but if the Warriors get into form I don’t think the Bucks beat them. Then there is the massively underated Grizzlies who may be the biggest threat to beat the Warriors.

Nobody thought the Warriors woukd win last year but they won and I made money betting on them. I have my money on the Warriors again and I am not worried about my bet. If Klay can get more like his old self then the Warriors should become the favorites but they won’t be the favorites because fans are overrating athleticism and underating basketball Iq and experience. Fans also overrate mega stars like Giannis and underate team play. Wiggins is the 2nd best Warrior now. Poole is underrated. Looney does not play above the rim and is not a rim protector but Looney is underrated because his play below the rim is so good. By the playoffs one of Kuminga, Moody or Wiseman shoukd be contributing but I don’t which one but probability says that one of those kids will be playing well and one of them will be unplayable.. Divencenzo is playing well.

Playing too many off the young platers at the same time created the porous defense by the bench that cost the Warriors road games against bad teams. Warrriors already beat the consesus favorite Celtics with the Celtics missing Robert Williams and the Warriors missing Wiggins.

Nobody has solved the Curry Draymond 4 on 3 offense yet. 2016 Cavs were better than any team playing this year and Curry was playing injured in the 2016 finals. Curry draws the double and passes to Draymond who passes to the open man.

But I like the Warriors being disrespected because that will just make it more fun when the Warriors win the 2023 champoinship.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,485

Post#528 » by Dubnation » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:25 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:

And so is the front office...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,397

Post#529 » by Onus » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:21 pm

DanoMac wrote:

Will make the 2023 championship even sweeter
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#530 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 am

Dubnation wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

And so is the front office...

It's a difficult decision isn't it? Because the poster above has a point, it wouldn't be crazy if the Dubs repeated this year. I mean it would be crazy considering where they are now but at the same time it wouldn't, they are after all the champs.

I don't think I've seen a team before that nearly half way into the season might actually have equal chances of winning it all or ending up bottom 5.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,342

Post#531 » by sfernald » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:10 pm

It's that time of the year again.

I know people have many dreams and hopes this time of the year, but this is the cold reality:

I've decided as a Christmas gift I'm not going to say anything bad about the teams in the episode! So only good things!!

Pistons are in the lead and it's really nice to see them turning the corner with their two young potential stars Ivey and Duren. They are looking like fantastic future players. Ivey is turning the corner and is fast and furiously becoming a rookie of the year hopeful! Duren is a stud who is getting a ton of glass and has demanded a starting role on the team finally. If they draft like this next year watch out for the Pistons, there's no limit on how good they can become. One of the better watches on league pass even now.

Charlotte is the team I think I would most like to see draft Wemby. LeMelo and Wemby would be a pairing for the ages. I think they would go to instant playoff team as soon as next year. I just don't know if they will be bad enough with LeMelo actually playing to get a good pick.

Rockets I think will be right there in the top 3 all season long. They are serious contenders. And they have quite a few decent players. Jabari Smith is showing out to be a good player even without his shooting coming around. And it definitely will, that stroke is so sweet. Only a matter of a time before he is a guaranteed 20 points+ every single game along with his lockdown defense. Eason is criminally not getting enough playing time too. Rockets had a great draft and no doubt if they can do the same next year they will be challenging for a playoff spot soon.

And the end of this list there's a big group of teams that I don't think will stay here on this list long term. The only exception might be the Bulls who have a decision to make. If they can drop to the bottom four they will keep their pick. Bottom four would get you a Wemby, Scoot, Thompson or Whitmore! That might turn things around for them overnight just like the Derrick Rose draft did. They have a tough decision, but they have a great chance at a great player if they do decide to tank sooner than later.

That's it, enjoy your holidays and remember the dream is still alive until the random balls fall and crush all hopes!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#532 » by tooler » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

I'm impressed that San Antonio still isn't #1 with that massive lead in point differential.

The Magic look way too good to compete for Wemby. I think #5 is a good spot for them. It also keeps the Bulls pick from getting too close to the top 4 protection. The Wizards are certainly a wild card. Hopefully they get their act together and get some separation from the Magic.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,485

Post#533 » by Dubnation » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 pm

sfernald wrote:It's that time of the year again.

I know people have many dreams and hopes this time of the year, but this is the cold reality:

I've decided as a Christmas gift I'm not going to say anything bad about the teams in the episode! So only good things!!

Pistons are in the lead and it's really nice to see them turning the corner with their two young potential stars Ivey and Duren. They are looking like fantastic future players. Ivey is turning the corner and is fast and furiously becoming a rookie of the year hopeful! Duren is a stud who is getting a ton of glass and has demanded a starting role on the team finally. If they draft like this next year watch out for the Pistons, there's no limit on how good they can become. One of the better watches on league pass even now.

Charlotte is the team I think I would most like to see draft Wemby. LeMelo and Wemby would be a pairing for the ages. I think they would go to instant playoff team as soon as next year. I just don't know if they will be bad enough with LeMelo actually playing to get a good pick.

Rockets I think will be right there in the top 3 all season long. They are serious contenders. And they have quite a few decent players. Jabari Smith is showing out to be a good player even without his shooting coming around. And it definitely will, that stroke is so sweet. Only a matter of a time before he is a guaranteed 20 points+ every single game along with his lockdown defense. Eason is criminally not getting enough playing time too. Rockets had a great draft and no doubt if they can do the same next year they will be challenging for a playoff spot soon.

And the end of this list there's a big group of teams that I don't think will stay here on this list long term. The only exception might be the Bulls who have a decision to make. If they can drop to the bottom four they will keep their pick. Bottom four would get you a Wemby, Scoot, Thompson or Whitmore! That might turn things around for them overnight just like the Derrick Rose draft did. They have a tough decision, but they have a great chance at a great player if they do decide to tank sooner than later.

That's it, enjoy your holidays and remember the dream is still alive until the random balls fall and crush all hopes!

Way to put a damper on things. :lol: Never the less. It's still a work in progress, and I think this order will / should change.
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 416

Post#534 » by KG Leonard » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:44 pm

_jin wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:Where can we watch his games?

For those who dont have NBA LP and speak french (you can still watch even if you dont speak french, you just wont understand the casters) you can watch a few of the Mets games on First Team twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/firstteam101), but not all games are shown there , the game against Fos last week was and the next one is the match against Cholet on the 23rd.

Thanks for this twitch channel link even if it doesnt work for me, it blocks out my Swedish location.
I pay for NBA LP, they still dont show Wembanyama games for us outside US. Arcane Netflix rules that USA NBA LP is better than the European NBA LP despite even though we pay the same price. :(
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,119

Post#535 » by Exp0sed » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:27 pm

;ab_channel=NBA
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#536 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:23 pm

Come for the Victor Wembanyama, stay for the Hugo Besson!
The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA Champions.
beau_boy04
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#537 » by beau_boy04 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:58 pm

What if scenarios.

What if the Lakers land the top draft choice pick? lol.... just to go to the New Orleans cause they have the rights to the Lakers pick.

What if the Dubs somehow land the top draft pick cause Curry is injured and the team has no chemistry so far heading to Xmas.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Post#538 » by THE J0KER » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:00 am

Orlando which has right now only 5 players 7'0+ tall and last time had the #1 pick back in 2021 deserves him the most!
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#539 » by remi_222 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:00 am

More than highlights that often shows the same thing, here also an article from today that shows his impressive mindset and psychology

"Big factor of a huge first part of the season, the Victor Wembanyama hype is not going down, and it should be like that until the draft. Difficult to miss and the man is well aware of it as he says to the Parisian.

“It had already started before but, since two months, since our trip to Las Vegas which made everything around me take on another dimension, people often ask me: 'Have you seen what they say about you? 'I would lie to you saying I don't know and I don't see,' Victor said. "I see it, even if I don't do it on purpose, because I often come across it by hasard. However, none of this affects my state of mind, my performance or who I am. »

A hype never seen for a French player.

"I'm aware of it, but I feel like I've been preparing for this all along," Victor explained. “Perhaps that is why I live it quite calmly. And nothing is certain, I work hard to achieve my goals. »

His hype is such that the Mets of course attract crowds, but also and above celebrities.

"Honestly, it's something I don't think about at all," said Victor. “All this does not change anything for me. I'm going to tell you a secret, it's the opposite that could now disturb me. If there are no more stars and no one at the games, I will wonder what is going on. (Smiles.) It would become incoherent. »

What impresses most about Victor is that he seems to handle this crazy perfectly.

"Not at all," Victor retorts when asked if it's hard to handle. “It’s even quite pleasant. When playing with the Mets 92, the rooms are indeed full all the time. It's not a concern. And I don't feel like I'm only 18. I know that I am not leading the normal life of an 18 year old boy, soon to be 19 (January 4). But I wanted it, chose it and I am prepared for it. In life, you have to expect what you deserve, right? You do not think ?

It's in my nature. If I did not find it normal for me, it would mean that my mind is not at the level of my basketball. However, I absolutely want both to be at the same level and for it to be as high as possible.

We will have to keep our feet on the ground, because in the NBA the hype will be even crazier, with all that goes with it, starting with a bank account already filled with a few million dollars.

"I've never been a big spender," Victor explained. “If I went crazy seeing the numbers in my bank account, it would mean once again that my mind is not up to my basketball. So much the better if I have money, I'm not going to say the opposite, but it doesn't change much for me. »

https://basket-infos.com/2022/12/27/victor-wembanyama-je-lai-voulu-choisi-et-jy-suis-prepare-dans-la-vie-il-faut-sattendre-a-ce-quon-merite-non/
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#540 » by remi_222 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:02 am

but highlights matter as well haha !
Yesterday's game vs Strasbourg, lost 84-81. Huge part of the come back but not enough ! good individual performance despite too many stupid 3's

Return to The General Board