Andray Blatche desperately tries to get triple double

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Andray Blatche desperately tries to get triple double 

Post#61 » by dlts20 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:08 pm

We dont know if that was exactly what he was going to do on that last play, lol

Still, the other things I said were genuine. Big men rarely get these things and dont forget that he was just riding the pine so if something special is there then its just instincts to want it because he may never ever get it again
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#62 » by Ripp » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:15 pm

It was childish...but all this trashing is unnecessary. If he were truly a selfish statpadding whore, he wouldn't be racking up massive assists...
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#63 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:06 am

lol loser
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#64 » by 5DOM » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:06 am

Ripp wrote:It was childish...but all this trashing is unnecessary. If he were truly a selfish statpadding whore, he wouldn't be racking up massive assists...

what if he was just aiming for the triple double from the start :lol:
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,365

Post#65 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:25 am

It just seemed to me that he lacks self respect. If you really think you are / can be a star, then you shouldn't care that much about those things. Or at least make it look like you don't.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,664

Post#66 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:28 am

Blatche is LMAO
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#67 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:38 am

Deity Allah wrote:The kid is wild talented and he was going for his first every triple double. Give him a break ---->

This. 13 assists for a 7 footer is crazy.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,512

Post#68 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Apr 6, 2010 12:52 am

Some of the posts here are laughable...
dlts20
RealGM

Post#69 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:26 am

5DOM wrote:
Ripp wrote:It was childish...but all this trashing is unnecessary. If he were truly a selfish statpadding whore, he wouldn't be racking up massive assists...

what if he was just aiming for the triple double from the start :lol:

I busted out laughing when I read that comeback :lol:
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#70 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:28 am

Am I the only one that noticed McGee getting the ball with 10 seconds left with Mike Miller telling him to stop and run the clock down only to run at the rim and get fouled?

You're up 10 and you try and score? AND he had the veteran CLEARLY telling him to stop and run the clock out.

As for the Blatche thing. I was extremely disappointed at his reaction(s) , especially at Martin. I mean, here's a D-league call-up trying to earn a living in the NBA getting an easy rebound that fell into his lap and you're making him feel like a complete ass because he didn't let you get the ball out of his hands.

I don't REALLY mind stat-padding if the players are doing it in a fun-loving, no pressure way where their teammates are all trying to help them out, but this was overboard.
I remember David Lee against the Raptors was an assist shy of a triple double and all he was doing was catching the ball, taking a dribble into the paint and kicking it out immediately. He would then give off a disappointed look when Gallinari would pass the ball or Duhon would miss the shot. That wasn't as bad as Blatche, and I really didn't like that reaction, so I'd feel like a hypocrite if I weren't disappointed with Blatche.

Even LeBron has done it, but there's a certain point where you cross the line, and IMO Blatche did take a step over that line.

I was one of few people that thought the Wiz would be a fringe 0.500 team before the season and barely a play-off team. It was precisely because I saw a bunch of players being black holes and playing for themselves and not playing defence.
HOWEVER, Blatche is NOT a "selfish" player...ANYMORE. He used to chuck up jumpers whenever he saw an opening, but now he has settled into the role of the #1 option and is more than willing to pass the ball.
He has taken another step in maturity with his GAME. His attitude doesn't seem to have changed, but the way he plays the game has taken a leap in terms of maturity, patience and understanding.

I really think that him and Arenas will be a great scoring combo in this league. Sure, they're both immature PEOPLE, but on the basketball court they have both shown a willingness to try and make their teammates better and win games.
I think Blatche and Arenas will be far better and lead this team to greater success than Arenas/Jamison ever did. Assuming they stay healthy and don't let their off-court personalities take over.
Fobbie
Sixth Man
And1: 225

Post#71 » by Fobbie » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:37 am

I'm surprise he didn't try to get one of his teammate to take the last shot so he wouldn't hurt his fg%. But LOL @ the expression on Yi's face.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#72 » by EdMar_Davis » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:39 am

lmao that was one of the funniest things I have seen in an NBA game.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#73 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:53 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Am I the only one that noticed McGee getting the ball with 10 seconds left with Mike Miller telling him to stop and run the clock down only to run at the rim and get fouled?

You're up 10 and you try and score? AND he had the veteran CLEARLY telling him to stop and run the clock out.

As for the Blatche thing. I was extremely disappointed at his reaction(s) , especially at Martin. I mean, here's a D-league call-up trying to earn a living in the NBA getting an easy rebound that fell into his lap and you're making him feel like a complete ass because he didn't let you get the ball out of his hands.

I don't REALLY mind stat-padding if the players are doing it in a fun-loving, no pressure way where their teammates are all trying to help them out, but this was overboard.
I remember David Lee against the Raptors was an assist shy of a triple double and all he was doing was catching the ball, taking a dribble into the paint and kicking it out immediately. He would then give off a disappointed look when Gallinari would pass the ball or Duhon would miss the shot. That wasn't as bad as Blatche, and I really didn't like that reaction, so I'd feel like a hypocrite if I weren't disappointed with Blatche.

Even LeBron has done it, but there's a certain point where you cross the line, and IMO Blatche did take a step over that line.

I was one of few people that thought the Wiz would be a fringe 0.500 team before the season and barely a play-off team. It was precisely because I saw a bunch of players being black holes and playing for themselves and not playing defence.
HOWEVER, Blatche is NOT a "selfish" player...ANYMORE. He used to chuck up jumpers whenever he saw an opening, but now he has settled into the role of the #1 option and is more than willing to pass the ball.
He has taken another step in maturity with his GAME. His attitude doesn't seem to have changed, but the way he plays the game has taken a leap in terms of maturity, patience and understanding.

I really think that him and Arenas will be a great scoring combo in this league. Sure, they're both immature PEOPLE, but on the basketball court they have both shown a willingness to try and make their teammates better and win games.
I think Blatche and Arenas will be far better and lead this team to greater success than Arenas/Jamison ever did. Assuming they stay healthy and don't let their off-court personalities take over.

That dude thats quoted in the opening post also talked about the McGee thing in his normal article but he thought it was more funny and as a Wiz fan I did also because thats so much like McGee. I swear I would be anyone that he has the #1 scorers mentality in the league. I didnt say he was the #1 scorer or anything close but if you give it to him then he will shoot it every single time in any situation if you dont stop him. It was just classic Wiz stuff at the end thats kinda bad but moreso funny because all of those guys are harmless. Blatche didnt want to kill Martin. They love Dray on that team. I didnt think he showed any distain toward him and in the post game interview he said he was fine with it and he knows Martin is just playing hard
lakErfrOmManiLa
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#74 » by lakErfrOmManiLa » Tue Apr 6, 2010 2:04 am

Fail......!
Let's go Lakers....
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,321

Post#75 » by Edrees » Tue Apr 6, 2010 2:17 am

I have no problem with this really. This is different than if he were losing and going for a triple double
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#76 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue Apr 6, 2010 2:24 am

Man, I know a triple double is cool and all but this is ridiculous. I never pay any attention to these types of things when I'm playing in my pickup games.
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#77 » by amb1ent » Tue Apr 6, 2010 2:25 am

CELTICSinME wrote:Man, I know a triple double is cool and all but this is ridiculous. I never pay any attention to these types of things when I'm playing in my pickup games.

pickup game at the park/gym

pro game, career milestone

i think there's a small difference between the two
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#78 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Tue Apr 6, 2010 2:33 am

It's easy to say it's just stats, but if you have a job where you can have production measured or some kind of work rate, trust me, you don't want the feeling of wasting little seconds or minutes here or there when you could be improving your rate, and you like for favorable situations that will make your rates look good, especially when it affected bonuses, raises, and promotions, which is exactly what stats do to athletes, except with a lot more money.
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#79 » by cdouglas » Tue Apr 6, 2010 3:11 am

I'm sure after watching the video, you'll never see Blatche reacting like that again! He's young and has never really played as much as he has since the trade. One thing for sure, you can't say he's a ball hogger with 13 assists.
TiMVP
Bench Warmer
And1: 59

Post#80 » by TiMVP » Tue Apr 6, 2010 3:23 am

Damn he's selfish with his 13 assists and all
spurs are gonna win in 07 quote me on it....

Return to The General Board