The*BIGGEST* bust from last season's free agency market

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Re: The*BIGGEST* bust from last season's free agency market 

Post#61 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Detroit should have saved that $
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Fobbie
Sixth Man
And1: 225

Post#62 » by Fobbie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm

dunleavyjr wrote:The*BIGGEST* bust from last season's free agency market is (fill in the blank)

My vote goes the Trevor Ariza. Rockets fail to make playoff.

Ariza was far from being the biggest bust. Rockets weren't even predicted to make the playoff, heck most were saying we wouldn't win more than 33 games. Hedo for me cuz of the length of the contract. Raps are stuck with him for another 4 year :cry:
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#63 » by Jaykoolzboy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Fobbie wrote:
dunleavyjr wrote:The*BIGGEST* bust from last season's free agency market is (fill in the blank)

Ariza was far from being the biggest bust. Rockets weren't even predicted to make the playoff, heck most were saying we wouldn't win more than 33 games. Hedo for me cuz of the length of the contract. Raps are stuck with him for another 4 year :cry:

How can Ariza be a bust? He is only getting MLE money, consider his age and what he put up this year, I think it's not that bad after all.

Also Rockets without their top 2 player for the entire season is a playoffs in the east, how many team in the league can make to the playoffs (even in the east) without their top 2 player? Maybe the Lakers can do it, but other than the Lakers I see none. If anything Houston is overachieving this year with the help of Trevor Ariza of course(never meant to be the first or second option on any team).
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#64 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Easily Hedo. He hasn't worked out in Toronto and he's gonna be there for a long time.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#65 » by DFolks » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I don't think Ben Gordon will be a bust for the Pistons. Yea he has had a bad year, but the guy has been a solid player for years and years and with an off season to get it together, I believe Gordon will be back to his prime.
bjax24
Veteran
And1: 37

Post#66 » by bjax24 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:24 pm

orl1724 wrote:Shaq...

... am I gonna have to be the first one to say everything that is wrong with this statement or does someone want to beat me to it?
jman23
Junior
And1: 37

Post#67 » by jman23 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 pm

hands down its Turkoglu!!!
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,824

Post#68 » by Fitz303 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Funny, last summer most people thought Andre Miller was going to be one of the worst signings because of fit, and he has been a saving grace for the Blazers. Ironically the guy who burned us, and allowed us to get Miller, is the guy who has been the least valuable player in last years FA class.
manun
Lead Assistant
And1: 57

Post#69 » by manun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:08 pm

I have never hated on any basketball player, but im really hating Hedo after this season.
Doesnt that man have any pride at all? :-?

Ron ron on how commited he is to the team.
If he tells me to jump off the building, I'll jump off the building.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#70 » by HootieRules » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:13 pm

The Hedo/Andre Miller merry-go-round is THE story of last year's free agency. Portland is very fortunate both short term and long term. Colangelo nailed the final nail in the Raptors' coffin.

I don't see how anyone thought paying Charlie V and Gordon 100 million was a good idea. Joe Dumars' incompetence =! bust....
elbowthrower
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#71 » by elbowthrower » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Did anyone outside of Toronto fans really think Hedo was going to be a difference maker for them this year?
Henry Turner
Starter
And1: 99

Post#72 » by Henry Turner » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes, Hedo.
Then Detroit's trash: CV and ben gordon.
"I can promise to be sincere, but not to be impartial" Goethe
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#73 » by Wiscfan92 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Shaq didn't do anything for the Cavs and he was a pretty big name deal.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
Chris1455
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#74 » by Chris1455 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Shaq was a trade not a FA signing.... The worst has to be Sheed. While Turk was bad, he did not make his team worse, he just didn't do anything to help them. Sheed actually made his team worse. His laziness has rubbed off, he has cost them points off techs he has recieved, and not to mention his old ass will be there three more years.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#75 » by Kobblehead » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 pm

SadKingsFan wrote:This isn't even a discussion. Bust is a word used for players that come with expectations.

Did anyone really think the pistons would be successful with freaking Ben gordon and Villa-whatever the hell? Of course not. The biggest bust = Turkoglu and it isn't even close.

The Pistons were a perenial ECF team. They blew up that roster (starting with Billups) to get cap space in two years. With that cap space, they signed Charlie V and Ben Gordon. So yes, that is a huge bust.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,948

Post#76 » by giberish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm

So Houston plays all year without their All-NBA center, and gets nothing for most of the year from the $20M they were paying TMac, and you think an MLE signing not carrying the team to 50+ wins makes him a bust????????

$7M/yr for a quality starter from 25-29 years old is a very good deal, even if they aren't effective as a first option on offense. Some people seem to think Ariza was given a $15-$20M/yr star contract given their expectations of him.

Turk and Gordon are the two winners of this. Turk was the most overpaid in general, but with Detroit already having Hamilton signed long-term Gordon may have been stupider.

Return to The General Board