Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,205

Re: Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth. 

Post#61 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 am

svart wrote:I think everybody is to blame here, theoretically. i am still not sure of the medical part of the problem, as i am not an expert, so i leave that aside for the most part.
We, the fans, are to blame. Everybody has been calling him names, snake, cupcake, coward, and he somehow (stupidly) cared too much about that. beside that, please take a look at the topics prior to his injury and see how many idiots questioned his loyalty and will to play, stating that he wants them to lose, that he's healthy and don't want to play.
He is to blame because he cared too much about what people are saying, for trying to prove the haters wrong. You can't do that, they are called haters for a reason. Well, he also have a competitive nature, but you can't blame that too much, is who he is.
The warriors organization if they pressured him to play. And the doctors IF (and this is a big if) will be proven they were hiding something. i doubt that, but want to mention it.
His agent, for knowing that he was still experiencing pain and not keeping him from playing.
The media for all the narratives they sustained for the sake of rating. Instead of focusing on the game they are always fishing for drama for the sake of ratings. This is not sport journalism anymore. And this drama reach the players, gets into their heads.
And this god damn society so quick to tag and hate, so divisive, that needs for a personal tragedy to happen to see the people as they are. it is incredible that it took Durant an injury to be "forgiven" by some idiots so-called basketball fans.
For me, this is devastating news. i will trade the whole year, a possible - as improbable - ring to a healthy KD. Even if he was going to leave the dubs, i would preferred to see him healthy playing for another team and kicking our ass instead of this.
And i want to finish with a big F. you to all the fans who cheered his injury. Not to all the fan-base of the raptors, only to that scumbags. And to the ones who are trying to deny it . No championship is worth losing your humanity and common sense.
It was really sickening all the takes from the last days from here, all the hate, the trolling and the sheer stupidity. i used to enjoy this forum, but these days i'm wandering what the hell i'm still doing here. the answer is i like this sport too much and want to be near it , but at some point it just does not worth it.
And with these being said, let's try to kick some Raptors butt tomorrow night .

Nah man. First, the warriors allowed him to play and didn’t protect him from himself or just sit him out!. Second, his competitiveness drive is to blame, but that’s a pretty essential tool. Third, his thin skin is responsible. His inability to wear the black hat and own it.

Nobody that called him anything before making that decision, after, or now is responsible though. Eff that, they can own what they did.

This is on the Warriors front office and KD, and not everyone else. And when Kerr didn’t own any of it and Myers comes off insincere, I know where THEY think the blame should lie pretty instantly. And THEY know what went on there.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#62 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 am

KD said Rich Kleiman was his main-man. His main man would have looked out for him. If I was that dude in KD's corner I would have said dude, too many missed games, you are still icing, you are a free agent, you have won two rings. Not worth it. Let's get that next MAX contract from whoever. I don't care if Looney is stupid enough to play with a busted chest. That has nothing to do with you.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,088

Post#63 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth.

gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#64 » by gh123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am

It's like modern day gladiators at times.

The snowflake culture strikes again ...
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,728

Post#65 » by Drygon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am

Of course not lol.

Jalen Rose has been consistently right about Kevin Durant since the beginning, just look in the previous videos...

May 31, 2019

;t

Jun 6, 2019

Jun 6, 2019

;t

Jun 7, 2019

;t

Jun 10, 2019

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#66 » by svart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
svart wrote:I think everybody is to blame here, theoretically. i am still not sure of the medical part of the problem, as i am not an expert, so i leave that aside for the most part.
We, the fans, are to blame. Everybody has been calling him names, snake, cupcake, coward, and he somehow (stupidly) cared too much about that. beside that, please take a look at the topics prior to his injury and see how many idiots questioned his loyalty and will to play, stating that he wants them to lose, that he's healthy and don't want to play.
He is to blame because he cared too much about what people are saying, for trying to prove the haters wrong. You can't do that, they are called haters for a reason. Well, he also have a competitive nature, but you can't blame that too much, is who he is.
The warriors organization if they pressured him to play. And the doctors IF (and this is a big if) will be proven they were hiding something. i doubt that, but want to mention it.
His agent, for knowing that he was still experiencing pain and not keeping him from playing.
The media for all the narratives they sustained for the sake of rating. Instead of focusing on the game they are always fishing for drama for the sake of ratings. This is not sport journalism anymore. And this drama reach the players, gets into their heads.
And this god damn society so quick to tag and hate, so divisive, that needs for a personal tragedy to happen to see the people as they are. it is incredible that it took Durant an injury to be "forgiven" by some idiots so-called basketball fans.
For me, this is devastating news. i will trade the whole year, a possible - as improbable - ring to a healthy KD. Even if he was going to leave the dubs, i would preferred to see him healthy playing for another team and kicking our ass instead of this.
And i want to finish with a big F. you to all the fans who cheered his injury. Not to all the fan-base of the raptors, only to that scumbags. And to the ones who are trying to deny it . No championship is worth losing your humanity and common sense.
It was really sickening all the takes from the last days from here, all the hate, the trolling and the sheer stupidity. i used to enjoy this forum, but these days i'm wandering what the hell i'm still doing here. the answer is i like this sport too much and want to be near it , but at some point it just does not worth it.

Nah man. First, the warriors allowed him to play and didn’t protect him from himself or just sit him out!. Second, his competitiveness drive is to blame, but that’s a pretty essential tool. Third, his thin skin is responsible. His inability to wear the black hat and own it.

Nobody that called him anything before making that decision, after, or now is responsible though. Eff that, they can own what they did.

This is on the Warriors front office and KD, and not everyone else. And when Kerr didn’t own any of it and Myers comes off insincere, I know where THEY think the blame should lie pretty instantly. And THEY know what went on there.

So you know for a fact Myers was insincere. Wow, can you read my palm dude? Can you tell me my future?
You also know for a fact what the doctors found out, what they told the Warriors organization so they are to blame. Again, wow. Would you marry my daughter? Joking, i know you know i don't have one, you know everything. Mistakes were made, possibly, that does not mean they were intentional. or that they weren't. But can we wait a bit before jumping to conclusions?
I was talking about moral responsibility, about all the factors that got us here, just to be clear. and i stick with my opinion. If prove will be provided that front office and med stuff knew something, they should all pay, in my opinion. But till then, innocent till proven guilty, you know.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Post#67 » by Metallikid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 am

Johnny Bball wrote:

This whole thing has really tarnished Steve Kerr in my eyes. The way he's been deflecting and abdicating being the one who decides to put KD on the floor or not is a black eye. Steve Kerr used to be a player. He should have known that KD would try to play before he was ready. FFS He played practice 5 on 5 for what? 3 hours in a month? Everybody with half a brain knows he shouldn't have played.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,205

Post#68 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 am

svart wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

So you know for a fact Myers was insincere. Wow, can you read my palm dude? Can you tell me my future?
You also know for a fact what the doctors found out, what they told the Warriors organization so they are to blame. Again, wow. Would you marry my daughter? Joking, i know you know i don't have one, you know everything. Mistakes were made, possibly, that does not mean they were intentional. or that they weren't. But can we wait a bit before jumping to conclusions?
I was talking about moral responsibility, about all the factors that got us here, just to be clear. and i stick with my opinion. If prove will be provided that front office and med stuff knew something, they should all pay, in my opinion. But till then, innocent till proven guilty, you know.

Maybe you can read where it says “comes off as insincere”. Which a lot of people agreed with. I really don’t know how any objective and perceptive person doesn’t question his interview. So If you did understand what I wrote, you wouldn’t ask me to tell you the future.

Who cares if it’s intentional. It’s negligent. Of course you will stick with it.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#69 » by svart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 am

Dude, that it may be negligence, i admit. That Bob was feeling guilty in hindsight for not taking another decision, i admit, too. But that man did not look insincere to me. And by following the dubs for a long time, i can tell you he has a history of getting along with the players beyond basketball activities, everybody spoke highly of him. That's all.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,356

Post#70 » by Bolivar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am

Pennebaker wrote:
I also think that there is a chance that this injury may not have been preventable and he may have always been susceptible to an achilles tear. Maybe in multiple universes - even ones where KD was never injured to begin with - Durant always tears his achilles at that precise minutes load.

Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,108

Post#71 » by Showdown » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 am

When i read the title i thought either it's about his speech about analytics or that he called out Kerr for his gray area comment , for saying he is coming back for game 3 then game 4 then game 5 but this isn't controversial at all.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#72 » by GordanFreeman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

Middle Child wrote:If he doesn’t get hurt again this isn’t a story.

The media in general is never concerned with the games, only the narratives.

That’s why the story over the playoffs has been about free agency and injuries rather than actually games.

KD did what most athletes would, he played but you honestly he loves the game and if they said he could go and he felt good so he went with it.

That's like saying 'if he tries to swim through a river of Crocs and comes out unscathed...'. Everyone and their mama knew it was a bad idea for him to play.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,216

Post#73 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.

The Warriors medical staff should not have cleared him. Period. Everything else is noise.
jsierra1985
Senior
And1: 963

Post#74 » by jsierra1985 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am

dramatic af....this is really simple...KD wanted to play...prove he can get this team back on track...got caught into the hype...already insecure about fans thinking he joined an elite team...perfect chance to shut them all the f*ck up....got reinjured....blame is on him......he will be back
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#75 » by Middle Child » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 am

GordanFreeman wrote:

That’s why the story over the playoffs has been about free agency and injuries rather than actually games.

KD did what most athletes would, he played but you honestly he loves the game and if they said he could go and he felt good so he went with it.

That's like saying 'if he tries to swim through a river of Crocs and comes out unscathed...'. Everyone and their mama knew it was a bad idea for him to play.

It’s nothing like that.

The story prior to the game was about what KD could offer. No one spoke about he reinjuring himself.

But once it happens now everyone is running to their soapbox saying he shouldn’t have played.

If KD felt good about playing then I’m sure he made the decision himself.

I can tell who was a hooper and who wasn’t. Every hooper is gonna be out there. But now everyone has social media platforms to express their opinions in this hindsight, hot take culture.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,049

Post#76 » by The_Hater » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am

Black Jack wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Black Jack wrote:He explained it well.

It's sickening, the whole thing. Really a turnoff on sports to see this in action honestly.

truly is..i just dont get why anyone would want him to play..he literally put his career on the line because people pressured him..its sad man..

Whoever was "unhappy with KD" in the Warriors org should be named. Expose who pressured him to play.

KD is a grown man, not a 5 year old child. He was ‘itching to play’ according to several reports and made a decision.

People need to stop looking to blame 3rd parties when people make poor decisions. It’s ridiculous.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,336

Post#77 » by lambchop » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 am

Middle Child wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:

It’s nothing like that.

The story prior to the game was about what KD could offer. No one spoke about he reinjuring himself.

But once it happens now everyone is running to their soapbox saying he shouldn’t have played.

If KD felt good about playing then I’m sure he made the decision himself.

I can tell who was a hooper and who wasn’t. Every hooper is gonna be out there. But now everyone has social media platforms to express their opinions in this hindsight, hot take culture.

Only hoopers who are all heart and no brain.
As another poster said, it's about saving him from himself.
I could consider it heroic, if he were 38 and on his way out. But the dude is/was in his prime, but is done now.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,370

Post#78 » by r0drig0lac » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:I can't stand hyperbole.

Modern day gladiators. Get out of here. Gladiators? You mean slaves forced to fight each other, animals, and the elements to THE DEATH?

They're paid MILLIONS of dollars and live the lives of gods, man. Nobody forced KD out there. He's a grown man.

Sucks what happened and he should never have been playing in the series to begin with, but to say he was unfairly influenced is yet another way of try to blame others rather than the person responsible.

Sure, was there media buzz? Of course.

Did his teammates want him out there? Of course.

Did the Warriors want him out there? Of course.

It's his job. It's what he's under contract to do. It's what he's paid tens of millions to do.

He made the decision.

If it were some child who didn't know better or some college student unfairly influenced by agents, nike, his team, his coach, the media, etc, then I'd agree.

But this is a grown man. A super star. One of the best there ever has been or ever will be. This isn't Zion Williamson playing the NCAA tournament, this is Kevin F******* Durant playing the NBA finals.

He made this decision.

/thread
Kevin is solely responsible for the situation
Sabas11
Senior
And1: 385

Post#79 » by Sabas11 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't feel a need to assign blame in this case?

Nah... I'm right there with you. The guy is a 30 year old adult. I'm tired of people treating him like a 12 year old without any free will and culpability for himself. The doctors can MRI you all they want, they can make 1000 recommendations, or guesses. But no one knows your body like you do. Durant was integral to the decision to play, and people just gloss over it. **** happens, if he didn't feel comfortable he shouldn't have gone out there.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject and I dislike Durant as much as the next guy but isn't this take a bit simplistic? Would you be able to tell the difference between a broken and a sprained limb in your own body, just going by sensation? Did you know there are professional athletes that get diagnosed with serious heart conditions during routine checks, and they're basically forced to retire without knowing what hit them? I'm sure you do.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,810

Post#80 » by sikma42 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am

When people say superstars want to play...that's great. Yes, athletes want to play. I've even played through some pretty bad stuff. But once you hear Achilles then everything changes. If he knew he had a substantial chance of tearing it, then he would be nuts to play. And everyone around him was nuts for letting him try. Achielles are no joke and everyone knows, especially the guys watching DeMarcus everyday

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board