People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Re: People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ? 

Post#61 » by Metallikid » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 pm

AD might have to be Finals MVP
Oh Me Oh My
Ballboy
And1: 21

Re: People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ? 

Post#62 » by Oh Me Oh My » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Yes Lebron is just that good.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#63 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:48 pm

the key for the Lakers to win is to limit the Nets possessions. the Nets will score, but if they get out rebounded the Lakers have a chance.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,243

Post#64 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Dr Aki wrote:The Lakers' third superstar is their defense, which is still somehow resilient without AD and Lebron

Yeah. You guys can defend and rebound and the Nets can't. If you can keep it close I like your chances down the stretches of games.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,243

Post#65 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 pm

bisme37 wrote:I'm very disappointed there aren't more jokes about being "on her."

They're probably not posting right now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 446

Post#66 » by Doug_12 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Depends on our (hypothetical) road to the Finals, but if we meet and we are healthy & rested, then I'd give us a 50% chance.

I mean for sure: Durant, Harden and Irving (w/ the supporting cast of Harris, DAJ and Aldridge) is Warriors level firepower, but matchupwise they are not very well built against us:
1;Irving & Harden are the best guard duo currently in the league, but on the other hand we have the best perimeter defense when everyone is healthy. We have capable defenders both athletically and sizewise in Caruso and KCP - who can slow them down a bit.
2;Though we have no answer to Durant directly, they will also have the same problem w/ James. If they guard each other, it would limit both of them on the offensive end. (Which would help us turn the series into a more grit and grind style battle)
3; If the series can be turned to this defense first, sweaty battle, size, athleticism and strength in the paint would matter: Both DAJ and Aldridge are way past their prime and a Davis-Drummond duo can cause serious damage inside
LakersNavy
Sophomore
And1: 164

Post#67 » by LakersNavy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Can the Lakers win? Not only do I think they could win, I would favor a healthy Lakers team. People seem to forget that befor AD went down The Lakers had the best record in the league and the second best point differential.

Then that's would be the second worst defensive team to ever win a title. Call me crazy for picking the team with LeBron, AD and the best defense in the league.

Also, this narrative that the Lakers struggled in the playoffs last year is hilarious. It only lost five games their entire playoff run, which is tied for second fewest losses ever... but I guess they "struggled" lol
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,116

Post#68 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm

I can see them winning a hard fought game 3.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#69 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Its up to AD like last season.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,245

Post#70 » by Ainosterhaspie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:10 pm

Every title team this century was a top 10 defensive team except the 2018 Warriors who were elite each of the previous three years and were simply not bothering to play the defense they were capable of in the regular season anymore and even then they were #12 in the league. The Nets winning the title with a bottom 10 defense would be unprecedented since...I can't even think of when a team that low defensively won a title. Elite offense and bad defense doesn't win titles.

Perhaps this year will be different, but history says Nets aren't winning a title. They're going to have to go through one or two strong defenses just to get to the finals, and then will likely be facing another one in the finals. Nets winning the title is not the forgone conclusion seem to think it is.
Only 10 Players in NBA history have 20,237 points, 5,504 assists and 5,592 rebounds. LeBron has double those numbers.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,483

Post#71 » by levon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:11 pm

This thread has no upside for OP. If the Nets win, this never gets daylight. But if the Lakers win, this gets bumped to oblivion
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#72 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 pm

BrooklynDynasty wrote:Nick Wrong and the Lebrand media army will boast about Lakers being better than the Nets until the sweep happens, at which point they will claim KD needed a super team to beat him :lol:

^ I'm almost sure it will play out exactly like this.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,471

Post#73 » by zimpy27 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Not this season, Lakers don't have the shooters. Lakers with Harris instead would flip the narrative alone but their FO did a bad job of getting career 3 shooters and did the classic rookie FO thing of getting single season decent 3 shooters.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,910

Post#74 » by Kobe187 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Lakers with a slight edge. They have better depth, better cohesion and chemistry, better bench, Championship experience, role players that understand and excel in their given roles, better coaching, better defence.

1. Lakers
2. Nets

3. Clippers
4. Nuggets
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#75 » by MindState » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Last time LeBron went up against KD he got swept. Now he's like 37 years old and worse now then he was back then. Gonna be the same result.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#76 » by Sark » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:53 pm

It's the same story every year with Lebron fans: build up the competition to unbelievable heights, that way if he wins it's the most amazing feat ever, and if he loses it's just oh well they are unbeatable.

They even tried to build up the #5 seed Heat last year as a great challenge :lol:
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:02 pm

Kobe187 wrote:Lakers with a slight edge. They have better depth, better cohesion and chemistry, better bench, Championship experience, role players that understand and excel in their given roles, better coaching, better defence.

1. Lakers
2. Nets

3. Nuggets/Clippers

So the Lakers are just better at everything.

Are the Nets better at anything?
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,910

Post#78 » by Kobe187 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:05 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
Kobe187 wrote:Lakers with a slight edge. They have better depth, better cohesion and chemistry, better bench, Championship experience, role players that understand and excel in their given roles, better coaching, better defence.

1. Lakers
2. Nets

3. Nuggets/Clippers

Nets with a better starting 5.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#79 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Lets just say AD is going to have to be pretty amazing for the Lakers to get past the Nuggets, Jazz and Clippers.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:09 pm

Kobe187 wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:

1. Lakers
2. Nets

3. Nuggets/Clippers

Nets with a better starting 5.

What about 3-point shooting?
What about offence?
What about assists?

I can bet you the Nets will be better at getting to 16 wins in the post season and the Lakers will not.

That's all that matters.

Return to The General Board