Washington Wizards are betting favorites to win "Josh Giddey sweepstakes"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,889

Re: Washington Wizards are betting favorites to win "Josh Giddey sweepstakes" 

Post#61 » by dirkforpres » Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm

I feel for Wizards fans... A Poole and Giddey backcourt? Maybe theyll want Tim Hardaway jr too :pray:
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,973

Post#62 » by JayMKE » Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm

BigGargamel wrote:LOL degenerates will gamble on anything.

Lol exactly what I was thinking
FREE GIANNIS
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,798

Post#63 » by PhilBlackson » Tue May 21, 2024 2:54 pm

Too bad PHX has nothing left because Giddey needs to be some team’s “Rondo” to really flourish.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 987

Post#64 » by liquidswords » Tue May 21, 2024 2:55 pm

lol wouldn't they just be better off giving minutes to Coulibaly and Kispert?
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 14,240

Post#65 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 21, 2024 3:06 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Too bad PHX has nothing left because Giddey needs to be some team’s “Rondo” to really flourish.

But he's a bad defender. How can he be Rondo or even Rubio and also not defend anyone? If he could defend guards by using his size, he actually would have a better reputation. Again, in my opinion, he offers zero positional versatility from a defensive perspective. And the only way he's valuable is to give him the ball? He's not good enough to have that responsibility unless we are playing for ping pong balls.

That's why I think Washington isn't a bad place because they expect to be bad for years while they rebuild their roster.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
TGW
RealGM
And1: 6,035

Post#66 » by TGW » Tue May 21, 2024 3:11 pm

Sure, if Poole, Kispert or Kuzma is who's going out, why not. I wouldn't give any more than that.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,981

Post#67 » by Memories » Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Giddey and a pick bonanza for Lauri

Feels like he goes to Jazz or Spurs

This guy: Image

On a team that had this guy: Image

The circlejerk subreddit would go CRAZY for this! :lol:
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,313

Post#68 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 21, 2024 3:31 pm

I always thought Giddey looked like he had fat genes. He's got flabby arms and legs. Like...how? Kid seriously needs to get sculpted so he can get quicker and be more effective with his first step and a better defender.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 22,002

Post#69 » by Pointgod » Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 pm

How about Giddey on the Spurs? The Spurs need play making around Wemby and even if he doesn’t start Giddey could be a solid bench guy.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,270

Post#70 » by hauntedcomputer » Tue May 21, 2024 4:05 pm

Pointgod wrote:How about Giddey on the Spurs? The Spurs need play making around Wemby and even if he doesn’t start Giddey could be a solid bench guy.

I actually like this. But I don't see any of the 11 other guys being what OKC wants or needs in return. Maybe a three-teamer from somebody who wants a pick. But the whole point of this exercise is OKC wanting to improve, not just shuffle the deck chairs.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
Chokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 683

Post#71 » by Chokic » Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm

Sweepstakes? :lol:
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#72 » by stillgotgame » Tue May 21, 2024 4:31 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Giddey would actually be good for Washington, if they want to continue to tank and hopefully end up with Cooper Flagg. The tape is out on him and will be the way teams play him from now on.

He was 18/8/7 on 55% shooting his last 11 games of the season where SGA and Jalen missed some games.

He just needs to not be relegated to the corner and he’ll be a great player.

I still believe a Giddey for Kessler deal works for Utah and OKC.

He averaged 6/3/1 on 19% shooting from 3 this series.

Daigneault just killed his trade value
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,942

Post#73 » by JJ_PR » Tue May 21, 2024 4:44 pm

shi-woo wrote:Why do people think it's Deni that woul be in the trade for Washington? The dude is 23, their best player, and a perfect fit next to any playr. They would have to trade Giddey, and way more picks than OKC would feel comfortable. Like 12 this year, another pick unprotected, and a pick swap. Giddey has significantly lower value after that performance where all his weaknesses were exposed, and he was just benched. To get a prospect like Deni, Giddey would honestly just be the salary filler and nothing more if you are WASH.

This deal would be for Kuzma to be a bigger body next to Chet at the 4, and to slightly increase their rim pressure and shooting. Essentially what they thought they were getting from Hayward.

My thoughts exactly.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,903

Post#74 » by ___Rand___ » Tue May 21, 2024 4:50 pm

Clav wrote:I think these would have to be the trade targets for OKC on some of these teams.

WAS - Kuzma
Utah - Markannen
ORL - Isaac/WCJ
NOLA - JV ?? BI ??
NYK - Randle

I don't know if Knicks are moving Randle but I can see them moving Hartenstein on sign and trade. TWolves can also move Reid. They need a ball handler behind Conley.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,938

Post#75 » by ConSarnit » Tue May 21, 2024 5:22 pm

JJ_PR wrote:
shi-woo wrote:Why do people think it's Deni that woul be in the trade for Washington? The dude is 23, their best player, and a perfect fit next to any playr. They would have to trade Giddey, and way more picks than OKC would feel comfortable. Like 12 this year, another pick unprotected, and a pick swap. Giddey has significantly lower value after that performance where all his weaknesses were exposed, and he was just benched. To get a prospect like Deni, Giddey would honestly just be the salary filler and nothing more if you are WASH.

This deal would be for Kuzma to be a bigger body next to Chet at the 4, and to slightly increase their rim pressure and shooting. Essentially what they thought they were getting from Hayward.

My thoughts exactly.

I would do a Giddey, '25 and '26 1st for Deni at the trade deadline depending on how Avdija looked in the first half of next year. If he looks like solid role player (let's say similar to last year and he maintains his 3pt shooting) I would move him for that package. My issue with moving Avdija this offseason would be he's right at that point where we've seen guys turn the corner. What if Avdija is a 22/8/5 guy next year? You don't want to trade that guy away when he's making less than the MLE. If he's still in solid role player mode next year then I'd roll the dice on Giddey's upside as well as stocking my draft assets for the rebuild. Wiz would then have 2 1sts in '25 and '26. If Avdija is going to top out as "good role-player" that guy has more value to other teams than he does the Wiz imo. If I'm the Wiz I can't risk letting Avdija go somewhere and blossom so I need more time to see what type of player he becomes.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 6,035

Post#76 » by TGW » Tue May 21, 2024 5:31 pm

The Wizards aren't trading Deni, and especially not for Giddey and a bunch of mediocre picks.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
doogie_hauser
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,981

Post#77 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 21, 2024 6:02 pm

How do bookies actually know this.? Has to be some kind of insider trading going on.

Seems ridiculous to me that bets on the outcomes of trades is a legitimate and somewhat lucrative market .
You can probably place bets on the game or opponents next time Draymond Green has an ingame meltdown and is ejected and suspended lol
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,703

Post#78 » by Devilanche » Tue May 21, 2024 6:29 pm

hauntedcomputer wrote:
Pointgod wrote:How about Giddey on the Spurs? The Spurs need play making around Wemby and even if he doesn’t start Giddey could be a solid bench guy.

I actually like this. But I don't see any of the 11 other guys being what OKC wants or needs in return. Maybe a three-teamer from somebody who wants a pick. But the whole point of this exercise is OKC wanting to improve, not just shuffle the deck chairs.

Zach Collins might work but OKC would have to be sold on his fit and probably want sweeteners as well in that swap.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,438

Post#79 » by vege » Tue May 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Josh Giddey for Cameron Johnson would make a lot of sense for both teams.

It would likely give Brooklyn more cap space next offseason, Giddey would be able to flourish with the ball on his hands and increase his value.

Cam Johnson would be perfect for OKC as well. He's a good passer, a good defender and he can shoot. OKC have enough cap space to absorb the difference in salaries.
Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#80 » by Apz » Tue May 21, 2024 8:53 pm

I think OKC need to focus on a pg and a center. Go for trae, might cost a bunch of draft capital but would be worth it. Just as bad defensivly as giddey but better passer and scorer and would allow sga to play sg which is his natural position. Add a center, maybe even grab capela in a package deal. Not sure okc got the contracts to make it work, but bet mavs would love to send thj so okc can reroute him to hawks, just as a thank u for helping mavs with their deadline deals...

Return to The General Board