Simmons demands out and will not report

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,404

Re: Simmons demands out and will not report 

Post#661 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:02 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
5paceman wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:That's exactly right, it isn't! Which is why GSW aren't getting Simmons for just Draymond and Portland aren't getting Simmons for just CJ. The 76ers are trying to build a contender around Embiid, not help GSW build another super-team... or help Portland get better help for Dame on the cheap. Morey just isn't going to go for that no matter which way y'all want to spin things to get your hopes high. If Morey offered Simmons to Toronto for Siakam and FRP(s), I think Masai would drive Siakam to the airport himself. Then there's always Dallas available to ride in and save the day by offering Porzingis and multiple picks and swaps. Luka + Ben could do some serious damage together. Now that Ben has said he's fine being traded to all 29 other teams, the Cali ones have to make fair offers if they want their target.

imo Draymond is just the far superior player. We don't want their "help"

At this point, don’t even want Simmons for Wiggins. Wiggins is putting in the work to rebuild his shot. Below is how someone working on his shot looks like. Not like Simmons annual teaser trailers. Wiggins showed improvement last year and going to work his way to becoming a pro.

Im sorry but how is this any different than the multiple training videos we see of Simmons every single year since he was a senior in high school?

The funny thing is, Wiggins has been the poster boy of all the potential in the world and zero improvement. Up until last year there wasn't a single aspect of Wiggins game that he had improved since he was a senior in high school. And as of right now the only improvement in Wiggins game has been 1 good year with his jumper. He isn't a better shot creator on the ball, he isn't a better facilitator, he doesnt have a better handle. Wiggins could've easily just had a fluke year with his jumper last year and he falls right back down to earth this year. Simmons has improved more in the NBA than Wiggins has. Simmons level of improvement on the defensive end is greater than Wiggins improvement on the offensive and defensive end combined in his career.

I just dont see how a video of Wiggins at a practice is proof of what it looks like of someone putting in the work. While when Simmons has videos doing the exact same thing, those mean nothing. Also people seem to forget there are a lot more aspects in the game to improve than just a jumper.
Myth
RealGM
And1: 9,034

Post#662 » by Myth » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:11 am

LAL1947 wrote:
5paceman wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:I feel GSW and Portland need to add a whole lot each. Prior to this last playoffs, the 76ers could have netted CJ + Draymond + ?? for Simmons ... and the idea wouldn't have been scoffed at.

This aint candyland

That's exactly right, it isn't! Which is why GSW aren't getting Simmons for just Draymond and Portland aren't getting Simmons for just CJ. The 76ers are trying to build a contender around Embiid, not help GSW build another super-team... or help Portland get better help for Dame on the cheap. Morey just isn't going to go for that no matter which way y'all want to spin things to get your hopes high. If Morey offered Simmons to Toronto for Siakam and FRP(s), I think Masai would drive Siakam to the airport himself. Then there's always Dallas available to ride in and save the day by offering Porzingis and multiple picks and swaps. Luka + Ben could do some serious damage together. Now that Ben has said he's fine being traded to all 29 other teams, the Cali ones have to make fair offers if they want their target.

How is Dallas offering Porzingis saving the day?
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,621

Post#663 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:20 am

Myth wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
5paceman wrote:This aint candyland

Then there's always Dallas available to ride in and save the day by offering Porzingis and multiple picks and swaps.

Porzingis + Brunson + multiple picks + multiple swaps.

And ride in to save the day by offering something of better value than just Wiggins (blech) + filler... or just Draymond... or just CJ... or Brogdon (blech) + a pick. Y'all will have to up your offers... or Luka finally gets a good running-mate.

SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,427

Post#664 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:10 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
5paceman wrote:

At this point, don’t even want Simmons for Wiggins. Wiggins is putting in the work to rebuild his shot. Below is how someone working on his shot looks like. Not like Simmons annual teaser trailers. Wiggins showed improvement last year and going to work his way to becoming a pro.

Im sorry but how is this any different than the multiple training videos we see of Simmons every single year since he was a senior in high school?

The funny thing is, Wiggins has been the poster boy of all the potential in the world and zero improvement. Up until last year there wasn't a single aspect of Wiggins game that he had improved since he was a senior in high school. And as of right now the only improvement in Wiggins game has been 1 good year with his jumper. He isn't a better shot creator on the ball, he isn't a better facilitator, he doesnt have a better handle. Wiggins could've easily just had a fluke year with his jumper last year and he falls right back down to earth this year. Simmons has improved more in the NBA than Wiggins has. Simmons level of improvement on the defensive end is greater than Wiggins improvement on the offensive and defensive end combined in his career.

I just dont see how a video of Wiggins at a practice is proof of what it looks like of someone putting in the work. While when Simmons has videos doing the exact same thing, those mean nothing. Also people seem to forget there are a lot more aspects in the game to improve than just a jumper.

How is this different from Simmons videos? In my opinion, it looks like they are practicing a new shooting form. Same for Wiseman, where it looks like they are rebuilding from scratch. Both are working with shooting coaches not their brother. Another thing I notice about Simmons videos is his body language during misses. As long as he makes several in a row, he's good, but when he misses his body language gets worse and worse, and he eventually gives up. Wiggins is missing, but he continues on with the new form.

You can argue last year was a fluke, maybe it was. I could argue that it wasn't. Doesn't get us anywhere. My prediction is he'll probably be worse in the beginning of the year since he's trying new form but by the end of the year it will pay off. But arguing is useless, the results will speak for themselves, and my bet is by the end of the year he will preserve his shooting gains from last year.

My thinking is Wiggins game will become much better with an improved shot. If he has a reliable jump shot, it just opens up a lot of things to his game given his speed and height. He showed himself to shut down a few offensive stars last year on defense, so he's no liability on that side. If he ups his offensive game, all those people who complain about his contract will start complaining less and even reverse when he finally proves himself.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#665 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:59 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:My thinking is Wiggins game will become much better with an improved shot. If he has a reliable jump shot, it just opens up a lot of things to his game given his speed and height. He showed himself to shut down a few offensive stars last year on defense, so he's no liability on that side. If he ups his offensive game, all those people who complain about his contract will start complaining less and even reverse when he finally proves himself.

Well, if you're happy with Wiggins, that's great and I'm glad too! :thumbsup: The league certainly doesn't need to see another super-team of Curry, Klay, Dray and Simmons. That'll be too much, especially if it was done by a player and/his agent forcing his way to a team in exchange for assets far below his true value.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,143

Post#666 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:37 am

LAL1947 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:My thinking is Wiggins game will become much better with an improved shot. If he has a reliable jump shot, it just opens up a lot of things to his game given his speed and height. He showed himself to shut down a few offensive stars last year on defense, so he's no liability on that side. If he ups his offensive game, all those people who complain about his contract will start complaining less and even reverse when he finally proves himself.

Well, if you're happy with Wiggins, that's great and I'm glad too! :thumbsup: The league certainly doesn't need to see another super-team of Curry, Klay, Dray and Simmons. That'll be too much, especially if it was done by a player and/his agent forcing his way to a team in exchange for assets far below his true value.

that lineup is a superteam but gs has strange fears about players busting. they promised lamelo number 2 as well but didnt pick him bc fans were clowning his jumper and they didnt want to get mocked by the league as a joke.
same with simmons. they probably see him never improving bc of the embiid,doc throwing him under the bus his reputation has taken a hit like meyers leonard where its become toxic to being him in. kind of ironic they believe more in maple jordan.

one more theory is they saw the dynasty and probably evaluated curry isnt that good with him as number 1 option failing to make playoffs. your paying 400mil with simmons and now team is imploding forced to trade steph for pennies.
it is understandable bc if curry's shots arent falling and now you suddenly have 0pt simmons and green sulking getting embarrassed by 19 yr old kids. steph legacy takes hit, forces a trade, lacob loses billions in valuation and gs becomes wasteland post dynasty.
from a gm perspective, its safer to coddle curry give him 5 yr farewell kobe tour and keep his job under rebuilding "flexibility".

once gms focus more on other stuff other than winning a chip, you realize that team is on the downfall. even the lakers had those dark age but it didnt take like decades like crappy teams.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,099

Post#667 » by Knightfall » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:20 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:Send his ass to the D-League team and fine him for every no show.

That will go over well with Simmons, other players, the agent, even fans. That's going to point every player in the world to go to Philadelphia. They'll love it. Its genius.

Haha yeah right.

Other players ? Who likes him ? Nobody in Phil right now . Fans? He has fans right now ? Where ? I mean yea I’d do it too

I'd say do it. It's going to go great. Free agents will line up to play for that owner I'm sure.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,143

Post#668 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:37 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
5paceman wrote:

Curious about this as Simmons Steal Rate, Block Rate, Defensive Rebounding Rate, DWS, DPM, and Defensive Net are all below his career averages.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Myth
RealGM
And1: 9,034

Post#669 » by Myth » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:00 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
Myth wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Then there's always Dallas available to ride in and save the day by offering Porzingis and multiple picks and swaps.

Porzingis + Brunson + multiple picks + multiple swaps.

And ride in to save the day by offering something of better value than just Wiggins (blech) + filler... or just Draymond... or just CJ... or Brogdon (blech) + a pick. Y'all will have to up your offers... or Luka finally gets a good running-mate.

Portland would offer more than just CJ as well, so the main difference is essentially how many more picks Dallas is willing to offer. The pick swaps are likely to not be that valuable.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,483

Post#670 » by John Murdoch » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:08 pm

Would be hillarious to see Morey take the original Brogdon offer
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,320

Post#671 » by QingJames » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:01 pm

Synciere wrote:
QingJames wrote:It’s always crazy to me that some fans are so rabidly pro-player in the player empowerment debate. Like, unless you’re a fan of one of the 4-5 teams that gets free agents, you do recognize that the fans’ interest largely aligns with the teams’ interest, right? I mean, player mobility is a bad thing for fans of 24 of the team’s leagues. Why pretend any differently?

If you want to make the argument that players deserve more power within the league, you ought to at least acknowledge how doing so is anti-competitive and directly counter to the vast majority of the league’s fans.

Excellent post in a vacuum. Again, it’s not a lack of understanding. Anyone posting on a message board the way we do is probably a fanatic of a team. Your/our interests are therefore going to be whatever is in the best interest of the team. That said, I can be a part of a group of people and still recognize that that means I have a certain level of privilege or control. For instance, I’m a man. That doesn’t make me blind to the fact that men have waaaaaayyyyyyy more benefits in our western society than women do. So when women ask for certain rights, I don’t immediately go to ‘what more can they possibly want?’ or ‘don’t they have enough?!’

Can you see that point?

Yeah, I think that's fair. I think, like anything, it's hard to be sympathetic to the person when their interests are counter to your own. Intellectually though, I do agree with you. It's just especially hard to sympathize with the cause of a person who seemingly already has a great deal of privilege. Good post though.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,644

Post#672 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Sep 8, 2021 6:04 pm

its hard to root for guy a like simmons, doesnt want to improve,
send him to the Lions den..
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,421

Post#673 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 6:07 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
5paceman wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:That's exactly right, it isn't! Which is why GSW aren't getting Simmons for just Draymond and Portland aren't getting Simmons for just CJ. The 76ers are trying to build a contender around Embiid, not help GSW build another super-team... or help Portland get better help for Dame on the cheap. Morey just isn't going to go for that no matter which way y'all want to spin things to get your hopes high. If Morey offered Simmons to Toronto for Siakam and FRP(s), I think Masai would drive Siakam to the airport himself. Then there's always Dallas available to ride in and save the day by offering Porzingis and multiple picks and swaps. Luka + Ben could do some serious damage together. Now that Ben has said he's fine being traded to all 29 other teams, the Cali ones have to make fair offers if they want their target.

Anyone have some one on none video of Dion Waters? I need my fix.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,923

Post#674 » by Synciere » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:39 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,404

Post#675 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:52 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:its hard to root for guy a like simmons, doesnt want to improve,
send him to the Lions den..

He literally went from a prospect that wasn't viewed as a top tier defender and now this past season was runner up in DPOY. Yes he hasn't improved on the offensive end, but he clearly has improved overall when you factor in the huge growth in his defense.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#676 » by LAL1947 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:11 am

If the Mavericks can somehow pull it off... I'm liking the idea of Ben Simmons playing small-ball center there. He and Luka could be great in the PNR and they've got good sized wings to put around them. What do y'all think? Is that a feasible thought or am I just being a dreamer?

Halleluka, Hardaway Jr, Reggie Bullock, Finney-Smith, Simmons
Dragic, Sterling Brown, *Josh Jackson, Maxi Kleber, Powell/Bobito.

*trading WCS for Jackson, seems quite a do-able trade.

I feel this role is perfect for Ben's skill-set, as he'd be the perfect secondary play-maker next to Luka in the playoffs... and he'd have an open runway to the hoop with the spacing. The Mavs could really use his DPOY qualities too. When they start winning games, it will help him sort out any image or game-related issues in the eyes of the public.

Do it, Mark/Nico & Ben!
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#677 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:24 am

John Murdoch wrote:Would be hillarious to see Morey take the original Brogdon offer

only an idiot gm would do it. elite gms even if the original offer is good dont take it bc of ego and showing weakness.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#678 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:24 am

LAL1947 wrote:If the Mavericks can somehow pull it off... I'm liking the idea of Ben Simmons playing small-ball center there. I think he and Luka could be great in the PNR and they've got some decent wings to put around them. What do y'all think? Is that a feasible thought or am I just being a dreamer?

*trading WCS for Jackson, quite a do-able trade.

I'm quite sure playing in that role alongside Luka can help Ben sort out any image or game-related issues that need to be sorted out in the eyes of the public. Do it, Mark/Nico & Ben!

kp and picks. im banking on cuban to make it happen.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,174

Post#679 » by Tomjas » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:30 am

LAL1947 wrote:If the Mavericks can somehow pull it off... I'm liking the idea of Ben Simmons playing small-ball center there. I think he and Luka could be great in the PNR and they've got some decent wings to put around them. What do y'all think? Is that a feasible thought or am I just being a dreamer?

*trading WCS for Jackson, quite a do-able trade.

I'm quite sure playing in that role alongside Luka can help Ben sort out any image or game-related issues that need to be sorted out in the eyes of the public. Do it, Mark/Nico & Ben!

Simmons to Mavs

KP to Spurs

Murray, Thad (expiring), picks from Spurs and Mavs to Sixers
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#680 » by LAL1947 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:31 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:kp and picks. im banking on cuban to make it happen.

May have to include Brunson + swaps, but that shouldn't be any issue IMO. So KP + Brunson + 2 FRPs + 2 Swaps.

Heck, I'd even do 3 FRPs since the Mavs FO haven't made a good pick outside Luka in forever.

Return to The General Board