Michael Jordan is still the GOAT. Lebron has solidified the #2 spot though.

KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,298

Re: Michael Jordan is still the GOAT. Lebron has solidified the #2 spot though. 

Post#701 » by KyRo23 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:34 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:That's cute that you think that. And let me guess... you think Lebron deserves MVP too? :lol:

No, I don't think he should have won the regular season MVP. Now that we have that out of the way... want to address my point instead of sidestepping it?

Address your point? Yes I am implying that Lebron didn't deserve Finals MVP. AD was their lynchpin on defense, and about equal offensively, making key shots.

You’re just wrong. Outside of the first two games, AD was not better on offense, which directly coincides with when the Heat stopped playing zone. When AD wasn’t being spoon fed in the zone, his offense looked very stagnant at times. LeBron was just more consistent in the finals. Easy FMVP. Unanimous.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#702 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
No, I don't think he should have won the regular season MVP. Now that we have that out of the way... want to address my point instead of sidestepping it?

Address your point? Yes I am implying that Lebron didn't deserve Finals MVP. AD was their lynchpin on defense, and about equal offensively, making key shots.

You’re just wrong. Outside of the first two games, AD was not better on offense, which directly coincides with when the Heat stopped playing zone. When AD wasn’t being spoon fed in the zone, his offense looked very stagnant at times. LeBron was just more consistent in the finals. Easy FMVP. Unanimous.

Lol easy FMVP? Don't be ridiculous. It's close either way. AD basically anchored the defense, rendering Adebayo completely useless and the offense wasn't that far apart.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#703 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:09 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Alize wrote:Stockton better than Harden and Westbrook? Harden is basically doing the things that MJ did (elite scoring and breaking scoring records, scoring champ....) but without winning the title.

But John Stockton is better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using RealGM mobile app

Harden does not play a winning brand of basketball( winning titles), and he doesn't play any defense. Barring a miracle, I don't see Harden winning a title or reaching the Finals. Westbrook has won 1 playoff series since KD left. He's lost 2 in which his team was favored. He's had multiple playoff games with 30+ shots and shooting <.400 from the field. His b-ball IQ is really, really low.

Stockton never played winning basketball, hence the zero titles.

Stockton's b-ball IQ is x2-3 higher than RW. RW would be the best player in the game, if he had any smarts.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
MavsPride99
Junior
And1: 265

Post#704 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:59 am

The4thHorseman wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

The team wins 55 games makes it 1 game away from the east finals (lost in Seven to the Knicks when the year previous they won in six vs Knicks (with Jordan))

They add Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan and Ron Harper... Scottie Pippen is still in his prime, Toni kokuc is no longer a rookie and you think that team isn’t stacked?

I never said lebron hasn’t played on stacked teams. Heat were absolutely stacked.

The Bulls used the triangle offense which is ball movement and player involvement. Le Excuse cant play without the ball in his hands. Thats why his teams struggle when he goes to the bench or quits the team. Cleveland was also stacked. Kyrie was a #1 pick and they traded for Love who was a multiple time all star. By the way, go look at Kyrie Irvings stats during the 2016 finals. Quit acting like Le Bron carried that team. He didnt. Also Jordan retired, he didnt cry like a baby and go play for another team cause it was too tough. Also, i never saw Jordan or my guy Dirk Diggler walk off the court like a toddler before the game is over like le bron did against Miami. Poor loser

Go look at Kevin Love's stats during the 2016 Finals and tell us again about his past All-star appearances.

While you're at it, why don't you post Love's stats from that 2016 All-star game.

Love was a 20-10 guy before joining Cleveland where Le Crybaby made him a stretch 4/5. Who cares about an all star game man?

Le Fake Cast had to join two other all stars to win a chip. That is a fact. Who did Jordan go join to win a chip? Exactly. And dont say Pippen. The bulls got him on draft day and he wasnt good his first couple years in the league. Jordan made Pippen great. Who did Le Cast make great?
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#705 » by Lukeem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:12 am

MavsPride99 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:
The Bulls used the triangle offense which is ball movement and player involvement. Le Excuse cant play without the ball in his hands. Thats why his teams struggle when he goes to the bench or quits the team. Cleveland was also stacked. Kyrie was a #1 pick and they traded for Love who was a multiple time all star. By the way, go look at Kyrie Irvings stats during the 2016 finals. Quit acting like Le Bron carried that team. He didnt. Also Jordan retired, he didnt cry like a baby and go play for another team cause it was too tough. Also, i never saw Jordan or my guy Dirk Diggler walk off the court like a toddler before the game is over like le bron did against Miami. Poor loser

Go look at Kevin Love's stats during the 2016 Finals and tell us again about his past All-star appearances.

While you're at it, why don't you post Love's stats from that 2016 All-star game.

Love was a 20-10 guy before joining Cleveland where Le Crybaby made him a stretch 4/5. Who cares about an all star game man?

Le Fake Cast had to join two other all stars to win a chip. That is a fact. Who did Jordan go join to win a chip? Exactly. And dont say Pippen. The bulls got him on draft day and he wasnt good his first couple years in the league. Jordan made Pippen great. Who did Le Cast make great?

Pippen had more to do with making Jordan more than a first round exit than Jordan had to do with making Pippen a great basketball player.

How much team success has love and Irving had post lebron. They worked alongside lebron just like Pippen worked alongside Jordan. Difference is Pippen was monumentally better, not only could Pippen carry a team to contention post Jordan, but Pippen could also carry Jordan through the finals in every aspect aside from putting the ball in the net. Which Pippen also did more efficiently than Jordan.

If cavs could have drafted someone at pippens level I doubt lebron ever left. Or if heat would have developed anyone to help aside from getting band aid fixes maybe he would have stayed there.

I dislike lebron for jumping around but it has nothing to do with how good he was at playing basketball.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,830

Post#706 » by scrabbarista » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:15 am

Lukeem wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:Go look at Kevin Love's stats during the 2016 Finals and tell us again about his past All-star appearances.

Pippen had more to do with making Jordan more than a first round exit than Jordan had to do with making Pippen a great basketball player.

How much team success has love and Irving had post lebron. They worked alongside lebron just like Pippen worked alongside Jordan. Difference is Pippen was monumentally better, not only could Pippen carry a team to contention post Jordan, but Pippen could also carry Jordan through the finals in every aspect aside from putting the ball in the net. Which Pippen also did more efficiently than Jordan.

If cavs could have drafted someone at pippens level I doubt lebron ever left. Or if heat would have developed anyone to help aside from getting band aid fixes maybe he would have stayed there.

I dislike lebron for jumping around but it has nothing to do with how good he was at playing basketball.

So, so much wrong here. I barely know where to start. I can't get into it all, but I'll start with the "more efficiently" statement.

During their six title runs (all playoff rounds), Jordan shot 25 shots per game at about 56% TS. Pippen shot 15 shots per game at less than 52% TS%. Jordan was massively more efficient than Pippen, at massively higher volume.

During that same span, Jordan had a better assist to turnover ratio than Pippen, which means he was more efficient scoring and passing. Pippen averaged more assists in all six seasons that the Bulls won the title than he did in 1994, when he had his career high in usage. Why? Because he was passing to Jordan.

It's clear you have a lot of learning to do, so I'm not going to try to do it all in one post. Suffice to say, keep learning, and you'll eventually understand that Pippen benefited infinitely more from playing with Jordan than vice versa.

As to that 1994 season when the Bulls were in "contention" (losing in the second round is contention?), I'll let RGMer 876Stephen educate you on that one. Here's a direct quote from him or her, responding to the criticism that the '93 Bulls only won two more games than the '94 Bulls:

"1. First off the 92-93 bulls were the epitome of a team coasting in the regular season preparing for a long playoff run. Recent iterations of the Warriors are another example of this. The previous 2 seasons they won 61 and 67 games and by far number 1 in Srs. 92-93 bulls were much better than a 57 win team and were clearly the best team in the league that year sweeping the cavs who finished ahead of them in srs, beating the number 1 seed knicks in 6 and the suns(also ahead of the bulls) in 6.

2. People think the bulls just replaced Jordan with Pete Myers and that’s it but that’s a false narrative. They added Pete Myers, Steve Kerr(one of the best shooters in the league and Toni kukoc the best player in Europe. So the had the entire championship team last year minus Jordan but adding kukoc,Kerr,Myers and Phil Jackson still as coach. Pippen,Grant,Kukoc,Kerr,Armstrong,Cartwright,longley, wennington etc.

3. The 93-94 bulls way overachieved and were not nearly as good as their record. The expected win loss was 50-32 5 wins less than the 55 they actually won. Their srs plummeted to 11th. In fact there were 4 teams who won less games than the bulls yet finished ahead in srs and several teams like the knicks, spurs and hawks who only won a couple more games yet finished far ahead in srs. The bulls offense also went from top 2 to bottom half of the league without Jordan

4. In the first round they beat a cavs without Brad Daugherty, Larry nance or Hot Rod Williams. If healthy that cavs team could have beaten the bulls. They lost to the knicks in the playoffs without Mj and were undefeated against the Knicks with Mj. Derek Harper was also ejected in game 3 and missed game 4 and 5. The knicks were 3-1 against the bulls in that series when Derek Harper played fully. The knicks were clearly a better team.

5. The bulls went from 3 peat champions to 2nd round exit without Jordan despite keeping every major player from the previous year adding Myers,Kerr and kukoc and keeping Phil Jackson at coach"
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,830

Post#707 » by scrabbarista » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 am

scrabbarista wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:

So, so much wrong here. I barely know where to start. I can't get into it all, but I'll start with the "more efficiently" statement.

During their six title runs (all playoff rounds), Jordan shot 25 shots per game at about 56% TS. Pippen shot 15 shots per game at less than 52% TS%. Jordan was massively more efficient than Pippen, at much higher volume.

During that same span, Jordan had a better assist to turnover ratio than Pippen, which means he was more efficient scoring and passing. Pippen averaged more assists in all six seasons that the Bulls won the title than he did in 1994, when he had his career high in usage. Why? Because he was passing to Jordan.

It's clear you have a lot of learning to do, so I'm not going to try to do it all in one post. Suffice to say, keep learning, and you'll eventually understand that Pippen benefited infinitely more from playing with Jordan than vice versa.

As to that 1994 season when the Bulls were in "contention" (losing in the second round is contention?), I'll let RGMer 876Stephen educate you on that one. Here's a direct quote from him or her, responding to the criticism that the '93 Bulls only won two more games than the '94 Bulls:

"1. First off the 92-93 bulls were the epitome of a team coasting in the regular season preparing for a long playoff run. Recent iterations of the Warriors are another example of this. The previous 2 seasons they won 61 and 67 games and by far number 1 in Srs. 92-93 bulls were much better than a 57 win team and were clearly the best team in the league that year sweeping the cavs who finished ahead of them in srs, beating the number 1 seed knicks in 6 and the suns(also ahead of the bulls) in 6.

2. People think the bulls just replaced Jordan with Pete Myers and that’s it but that’s a false narrative. They added Pete Myers, Steve Kerr(one of the best shooters in the league and Toni kukoc the best player in Europe. So the had the entire championship team last year minus Jordan but adding kukoc,Kerr,Myers and Phil Jackson still as coach. Pippen,Grant,Kukoc,Kerr,Armstrong,Cartwright,longley, wennington etc.

3. The 93-94 bulls way overachieved and were not nearly as good as their record. The expected win loss was 50-32 5 wins less than the 55 they actually won. Their srs plummeted to 11th. In fact there were 4 teams who won less games than the bulls yet finished ahead in srs and several teams like the knicks, spurs and hawks who only won a couple more games yet finished far ahead in srs. The bulls offense also went from top 2 to bottom half of the league without Jordan

4. In the first round they beat a cavs without Brad Daugherty, Larry nance or Hot Rod Williams. If healthy that cavs team could have beaten the bulls. They lost to the knicks in the playoffs without Mj and were undefeated against the Knicks with Mj. Derek Harper was also ejected in game 3 and missed game 4 and 5. The knicks were 3-1 against the bulls in that series when Derek Harper played fully. The knicks were clearly a better team.

5. The bulls went from 3 peat champions to 2nd round exit without Jordan despite keeping every major player from the previous year adding Myers,Kerr and kukoc and keeping Phil Jackson at coach"

Here's a quote from a post I made in another thread, comparing the peaks of Jimmy Butler and Scottie Pippen. I checked the numbers myself on this one:

"The key thing to know about Pippen is that any team with him as its best player was doomed. He had neither the mentality nor the offensive skillset to lead a team. He was not a player you wanted as your team's best player because of his limitations in half-court offense. Butler is just far better with the ball in his hands, and he also has the edge by far in mentality and approach to the game.

In Pippen's prime from 1990-1997, he had a .545 TS% (.529 in the playoffs!) on 24.2% USG (24.5 in the playoffs). Those are not cherry-picked. That's who he was as an offensive player. In 1994 he had a TS% of .544 on 27.1% USG. When his USG went up to 31.9 in the playoffs, his TS% dropped to .521. He also averaged 4.6 assists that postseason - to 3.7 turnovers. None of this describes a good offensive player. Pippen was a #2, period. Arguably, he became the greatest #2 of all-time, but he was still always a #2.

Yes, the statistical environment is different to 1994, but Butler has a TS% of .619 this postseason with a 25.3 USG. He's also averaging more assists (6.0) and fewer turnovers (2.9) than Pippen did in the 1994 playoffs. In addition, he has brought a team to the Finals, instead of just the second round. And he has been the best player in the Finals so far, averaging 29.0/8.6/10.2/2.6/.08 on .671 TS% with only 3.2 TO's. Scottie Pippen was never in a million years going to come within a million miles of a performance like this with his limited offensive skillset. Pippen is an all-time perimeter defender, but this doesn't come remotely close to making up the difference in offense between his peak and Butler's - not when Butler is a phenomenal defender himself.

Passing was a strength of Pippen's, but it's always been very overrated, in my opinion. In the 1994 regular season, for example, in addition to the playoff numbers cited above, he averaged 5.6 assists to 3.2 turnovers. Pippen had six seasons with Michael Jordan where he averaged more assists than he did in 1994. Could it be that passing the ball to Michael Jordan boosts your assist totals? (Do ya think?) Compare that to 6.0 assists to 2.2 turnovers for Butler in the regular season this year. No part of Pippen's offensive game was better than Butler's... other than dunking on fast breaks, I guess."
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,188

Post#708 » by twyzted » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 am

Lukeem wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:Go look at Kevin Love's stats during the 2016 Finals and tell us again about his past All-star appearances.

Hmmm you sure about that?

88 playoffs 2nd round
Jordan 42mpg 53% 33% 53efg% 87% 7rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 4topg 36ppg
Pippen 29mpg 47% 50% 46efg% 71% 5rpg 2apg 1spg 1bpg 3topg 10.0ppg

89 playoffs ecf as 6th seed
Jordan 42mpg 51% 29% 52efg% 80% 7rpg 8apg 3spg 1bpg 4topg 35ppg
Pippen 46% 39% 522efg% 64% 8rpg 4apg 1spg 1bpg 2topg 13ppg

90 playoffs ecf 3rd seed
Jordan 42 mpg 51% 32% 53efg% 83% 7rpg 7apg 3spg 1bpg 4topg 37ppg
Pippen 40mpg 50% 32% 52efg% 71% 7rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 3topg 19ppg

91 playoffs title
Jordan 40mpg 52% 39% 54efg% 84% 6rpg 8apg 2spg 1bpg 3 topg 31ppg
Pippen 41 mpg 50% 24% 51efg% 79% 9rpg 6apg 3spg 1bpg 3topg 22ppg

92 playoffs title
Jordan 42mpg 50% 39% 51efg% 86% 6rpg 6apg 2spg 1bpg 4topg 35ppg
Pippen 41mpg 47% 25% 48ef% 76% 9rpg 7apg 2spg 1bpg 3topg 20ppg

93 playoff title
Jordan 41mpg 48% 39% 50efg% 81% 7rpg 6apg 2spg 1bpg 2topg 35ppg
Pippen 41mpg 47% 18% 47efg% 64% 7rpg 6apg 2spg 1bpg 4topg 20ppg

94rs vs other bulls rs.
1st fga, 3rd best fg%, 6th 3pt%, 5th efg%, 11th ft%, 1st rpg, 7th apg, 1st spg, 7th bpg, 3rd worst topg, 1st ppg.
adv stats.
1st per, 6th ts%, 5th ows, 2nd dwd, 5th ws, 3rd ws48, 2nd obpm, 1st dbpm and bpm, 2nd vorp.

94 playoffs no jordan 2nd round
Pippen 38mpg 43% 27% 46efg% 89% 8rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 4topg 23ppg
adv stats
1st per, 7th ts%, 8th ows, 9th dws, 9th ws, 7th ws48, 3rd obpm, 7th dbpm, 6th bpm, 10th vorp.
So basicly he sid not even have his best year.
Yet going to 2nd round is contending?
Just like Jordan had the bulls contending when pippen was a rookie.

95 playoffs 2nd round
Jordan 42mpg 48% 37% 51efg% 81% 7rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 4topg 32ppg
Pippen 40mpg 44% 37% 50efg% 68% 9rpg 6apg 1spg 1bpg 3topg 18ppg

96 playoff title
Jordan 41mpg 46% 40% 49efg% 82% 5rpg 4apg 2spg 2topg 31ppg
Pippen 41mpg 39% 29% 44efg% 64% 8rpg 6apg 3spg 1bpg 2topg 17ppg

97 playoffs title
Jordan 42mpg 46% 20% 47efg% 83% 8rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 3topg 31ppg
Pippen 40mph 42% 48efg% 79% 7rpg 4apg 2spg 1bpg 3topg 19ppg

98 playoffs title
Jordan 42mpg 46% 30% 47efg% 81% 5rpg 4apg 2spg 1bpg 2topg 32ppg
Pippen 40mpg 42% 23% 45efg% 68% 7rpg 5apg 2spg 1bpg 2topg 17ppg

Jordan more efficiant all year except for 1
Pippen 5 playoffs more assists.
I see little carry her except maybe Jordan carrying rather then the other.
But they were a team so why does 1 guy have to do everything in a TEAM?

Ive also never seen a guy staning as hard for a guy he does not even like :lol:
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
Lukeem
Analyst

Post#709 » by Lukeem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:04 am

twyzted wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:

88 playoffs 2nd round

90 playoffs ecf 3rd seed

91 playoffs title

92 playoffs title

93 playoff title

94rs vs other bulls rs.
1st fga, 3rd best fg%, 6th 3pt%, 5th efg%, 11th ft%, 1st rpg, 7th apg, 1st spg, 7th bpg, 3rd worst topg, 1st ppg.
adv stats.
1st per, 6th ts%, 5th ows, 2nd dwd, 5th ws, 3rd ws48, 2nd obpm, 1st dbpm and bpm, 2nd vorp.

adv stats
1st per, 7th ts%, 8th ows, 9th dws, 9th ws, 7th ws48, 3rd obpm, 7th dbpm, 6th bpm, 10th vorp.

95 playoffs 2nd round

96 playoff title

97 playoffs title

98 playoffs title

No Stan for lebron - he’s not even GOAT- so sick and tired of the Jordan stans think Jordan was so perfect with their broken logic which uses Jordan’s career as a measuring tape, that everyone has to try to measure exactly to. But every time Jordan doesn’t come close to measuring up to someone else in come the excuses.

Pippen has more rebounds, steals, assists, blocks in the finals than Jordan. Jordan never making it past the first round without Pippen. I was wrong on efficiency. They relied on each other. Everyone knows Jordan was the better player. But if you think for a second that Jordan would be 6/6 without Pippen take your homer crown and leave.

What I addressed is the BS that people are saying Jordan made Pippen a great basketball player. The entire narrative of Jordan’s goatness that is jammed down everyone’s throats doesn’t exist without Pippen being his robin.

So the bulls coast the entire 92-93 season to gear up for the playoffs. And then beat the Knicks in a close 6 game series. The next year their top 3 players same as last year minus Jordan they lose to the knicks in a close 7 game series.. the same Knicks that lose in 7 in the nba finals. Yes that is contention. When Jordan is replaced with a couple of role players. Deal with it or live your life lying to yourself and spouting garbage IDC crush on whomever you want, yes Jordan is your fairy godmother that carried the bulls all by himself to winning half the titles of Russell which is why he’s the greatest and there can be no other opinions. Enjoy your delusions and feeling you’re right because a bunch of others eat the same garbage narrative.

Jordan was without a doubt one of the best three scorers in history with a strong case for the best. Jordan was great at everything else too but no where near the best at anything else.
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,188

Post#710 » by twyzted » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:32 am

Lukeem wrote:
twyzted wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

88 playoffs 2nd round

90 playoffs ecf 3rd seed

91 playoffs title

92 playoffs title

93 playoff title

94rs vs other bulls rs.
adv stats.

adv stats

95 playoffs 2nd round

96 playoff title

97 playoffs title

98 playoffs title

No Stan for lebron - he’s not even GOAT- so sick and tired of the Jordan stans think Jordan was so perfect with their broken logic which uses Jordan’s career as a measuring tape, that everyone has to try to measure exactly to. But every time Jordan doesn’t come close to measuring up to someone else in come the excuses.

Pippen has more rebounds, steals, assists, blocks in the finals than Jordan. Jordan never making it past the first round without Pippen. I was wrong on efficiency. They relied on each other. Everyone knows Jordan was the better player. But if you think for a second that Jordan would be 6/6 without Pippen take your homer crown and leave.

What I addressed is the BS that people are saying Jordan made Pippen a great basketball player. The entire narrative of Jordan’s goatness that is jammed down everyone’s throats doesn’t exist without Pippen being his robin.

So the bulls coast the entire 92-93 season to gear up for the playoffs. And then beat the Knicks in a close 6 game series. The next year their top 3 players same as last year minus Jordan they lose to the knicks in a close 7 game series.. the same Knicks that lose in 7 in the nba finals. Yes that is contention. When Jordan is replaced with a couple of role players. Deal with it or live your life lying to yourself and spouting garbage IDC crush on whomever you want, yes Jordan is your fairy godmother that carried the bulls all by himself to winning half the titles of Russell which is why he’s the greatest and there can be no other opinions. Enjoy your delusions and feeling you’re right because a bunch of others eat the same garbage narrative.

Jordan was without a doubt one of the best three scorers in history with a strong case for the best. Jordan was great at everything else too but no where near the best at anything else.

You said pippen carried jordan in everything except scoring.

Jordan lead the team in rebounds 4 times.
Jordan lead in assist 6 times other years he was 1-2 behind. That is not carrying not even close.
Similar steals and blocks.
But scored 9-16 more ppg.
I would say the load was split pretty evenly.
I also think that Jordan helped pippen to become a better player.
Also relax with this childish insults :lol:
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
MavsPride99
Junior
And1: 265

Post#711 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:13 am

twyzted wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
twyzted wrote:

88 playoffs 2nd round

90 playoffs ecf 3rd seed

91 playoffs title

92 playoffs title

93 playoff title

94rs vs other bulls rs.
adv stats.

adv stats

95 playoffs 2nd round

96 playoff title

97 playoffs title

98 playoffs title

Jordan lead in assist 6 times other years he was 1-2 behind. That is not carrying not even close.

Nobody is saying Jordan did it alone. I watched plenty of Bulls basketball in the late 80s and 90s. Jordan came into the league as a top dog. Pippen didnt. Around year three is when he started to develop. But yes Jordan made Pippen great without a doubt. They were an awesome duo together.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#712 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 am

Floody100 wrote:I’ll give credit where credit is due. If he can win a couple of more titles than he has a chance to surpass MJ but it’s hard for me to give someone the ‘GOAT’ status when they’ve lost more finals than they’ve won, especially when the guy he’s trying to pass has never lost a final.

Robert Horry has seven nba championship wins... guessbhe also is better than lebron ....

In all seriousness, goat is wilt by a mile...then after that you can consider Jordan, Kobe, lebron, etc...

Wiltbis in a class all alone and he will always be the most dominant nba player in history... many of his 72 all time nba records will never be broken.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#713 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:35 am

Lukeem
Analyst

Post#714 » by Lukeem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 pm

twyzted wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
twyzted wrote:

88 playoffs 2nd round

90 playoffs ecf 3rd seed

91 playoffs title

92 playoffs title

93 playoff title

94rs vs other bulls rs.
adv stats.

adv stats

95 playoffs 2nd round

96 playoff title

97 playoffs title

98 playoffs title

[b]I would say the load was split pretty evenly.[/b]

This is what I’m getting at and had to go a bit extreme to get you here. Pippen obviously didn’t carry as much as Jordan but when in non scoring categories he is doing as much as Jordan or more overall as Jordan that makes him really important for Jordan’s legacy. When stans are saying that Jordan made pippen great they are making childish claims if they are not admitting how important pippen is to Jordan pushers whole argument of winning to GOAT which is more important to Jordan’s legacy than it is to pippens. How far do you think each debate goes before the lie of 6/6 comes up. Jordan winning 6/15 along with missing the playoffs twice, along with a bunch of first round exits and all of his other failures (like every damn player - even Russell had two seasons his his team failed to win it all) - all of that has to do with the whole team not just him. Jordan shot like crap for most of the second three peat. If he he a supporting cast like lebron did at times (2007,2008,2009,2010,2015) it’s not like Jordan would have won anything - if lebron has prime pippen level player for those years he very well could be sitting at 9 chips right now.

It’s also not like The bulls beat any teams as tough as the warriors or spurs.
Lukeem
Analyst

Post#715 » by Lukeem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:07 pm

MavsPride99 wrote:
twyzted wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

Nobody is saying Jordan did it alone. I watched plenty of Bulls basketball in the late 80s and 90s. Jordan came into the league as a top dog. Pippen didnt. Around year three is when he started to develop. But yes Jordan made Pippen great without a doubt. They were an awesome duo together.

Except that is the narrative with a lot of people “Jordan was 6/6” essentially tries to say that continually. Then when anyone else wins they talk about how much help they had. Pippen was a perfect fit. And pre pippen and Cartwright Jordan had pretty weak support just like lebron pre Heat. Lebron carried his team to the finals and Jordan carried his team to first round exits.

Arguing with a Jordan Stan team success doesn’t matter then but it matters when Jordan has the support and when bird, thomas, magic are broken, when copper and jabbar retire - is the same garbage that happens over and over again.

I love basketball and have been obsessed with it for decades. I don’t like lebron, I definitely don’t love Jordan because of how much flawed arguments are shoved down everyone’s throats about his case for GOAT. Imo he never came close to measuring up to wilt and I also think in 2016 lebron essentially proved he is at Jordan’s level, I personally think he surpassed him this year after I cheered against lebron in every damn round.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#716 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 pm

Only six players have scored 60 or more points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain (32 times), Kobe Bryant (6 times), Michael Jordan (5 times), Elgin Baylor (4 times), James Harden (4 times), and Damian Lillard (3 times).

Averaged 50.4 PPG In a Season. ...Averaged 8.8 BPG and Has Most Career Blocks. ...Best Passing Center Ever (Was an NBA Assists Leader) ...Averaged 48.5 MPG In a Season. ...Scored 4,029 points in a Season. ...23,924 Career Rebounds. ...Recorded the Only Double Triple Double In NBA History

Both lebron and Jordan are minor leaguers compared to wilt....

No one has dominated a sport ever, the way Wilt did with NBA...

To put Jordan or lebron in that conversation of goat is ludicrous... totally ludicrous.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#717 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Highest Scoring Average in a Season — 50.4 PPG

Who has the highest PPG in a season?

A 50-point game is rightly celebrated today. It’s a monumental scoring achievement that sets social media ablaze. Imagine a player doing that for an entire season. Not even Wilt himself came within 6 PPG of his record 50.4 PPG in 1961–62 and the league’s most elite scorers of the past half century have come no closer than Michael Jordan’s 37.1 PPG in 1986–87.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/499162-michael-jordan-vs-wilt-chamberlain-the-real-comparison.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwi9p5Gr6s_sAhVtg-AKHbgVDuQQFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2FsU2OZ4TjS9PMwJJcvU5v&ampcf=1
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,911

Post#718 » by The Explorer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Only six players have scored 60 or more points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain (32 times), Kobe Bryant (6 times), Michael Jordan (5 times), Elgin Baylor (4 times), James Harden (4 times), and Damian Lillard (3 times).

Averaged 50.4 PPG In a Season. ...Averaged 8.8 BPG and Has Most Career Blocks. ...Best Passing Center Ever (Was an NBA Assists Leader) ...Averaged 48.5 MPG In a Season. ...Scored 4,029 points in a Season. ...23,924 Career Rebounds. ...Recorded the Only Double Triple Double In NBA History

To put Jordan or lebron in that conversation of goat is ludicrous... totally ludicrous.

You could make a case for Wilt as goat, but to say the bolded is just ridiculous. Just know that the vast majority of people have either Jordan, James, or Abdul-Jabbar as goat. You are in the small minority with your opinion.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#719 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 pm

The Explorer wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:Only six players have scored 60 or more points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain (32 times), Kobe Bryant (6 times), Michael Jordan (5 times), Elgin Baylor (4 times), James Harden (4 times), and Damian Lillard (3 times).

You could make a case for Wilt as goat, but to say the bolded is just ridiculous. Just know that the vast majority of people have either Jordan, James, or Abdul-Jabbar as goat. You are in the small minority with your opinion.

That is because most of the posters are 30 or younger...no credibility on this subject of goat... more like greatest in last 30byears... no credibility.... like talking goat in baseball and ignoring players before 1980....lol just a joke...

Return to The General Board