[WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#761 » by kuclas » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
kuclas wrote:So all Houston gets is 4 future unprotected first plus 4 draft picks (essentially 3 draft picks since 2021-2022 Rockets won't be better than 2021-2022 Nets). and expiring Victor Oladipo.

This shows you Houston was not able to get a young 'star" player. They got greedy. I'm sure Boston or Philly would have offer any of their role players plus the same draft picks.

All Houston has is wishing the Nets implode after the 2022 season with Harden/KD/Irving walking away. If they don't walk away, the Rockets are looking at no draft swaps till at least 2025 that is any value. And 2 future first late 1st round picks.

The Nets didn't trade for 36/37 year old KG/Paul Pierce here. They got 28 year old Irving/32 year old KD/31 year old Harden. These guys with modern NBA load management can easily play 4 years together at or near their peak. counting on an implosion is wishful thinking.

I think they could have gotten a young “star”. I think we could have gotten Ben Simmons

Our owner just wanted to save money by getting expiring and picks. Tillman is the worst.

It was honestly shocking to me that Simmons was offered and Tillman went with the Nets deal.

Clearly he was acting out of spite instead of doing whats best for the team.

Simmons. Thybulle, a first rounder to me is far better than the Brooklyn offer.

They better hope the Nets are terrible by 2027, of they won't get anyone close to as good as Simmons.

Houston used sixers as leveraged plus tried to bluff Morey.

Simmons plus thybulle plus a first round pick is enough. Remember Simmons is locked in for 4.5 years with no player option. Thybulle on rookie contract

Houston wanted 3-4 unprotected first round picks on top of that plus maxey. It’s crazy what they wanted.

That’s the equivalent of 6 first round picks (thybulle and maxey are first round picks the last two season) plus Simmons
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,790

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#762 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Does this really make the Nets favorites over the Bucks in the East? Bucks currently have the best offense in the NBA and are strong defensively at every spot in the starting five. They also matchup very well with BKN (Holiday on Irving, DiVencenzo or Middleton on Harden, Giannis on Durant).

Bucks play both sides of the ball. That matters. And Giannis is going to absolutely destroy the Nets as well.

Bucks are absolutely awful in the playoffs and constantly get bounced by lower seeded teams.

Nets would win in 5 games easily.

The Bucks have been getting bounced by terrific defensive squads/schemes. The Nets have neither right now.

Bucks were the first seeds in the past two seasons and lost to lower seeds both times now you think they are going to beat a team with Durant, Harden and Irving all of a sudden? Maybe the Nets will struggle defensively but no one is going to score more points then the nets. Bucks would lose this series in 6 games tops.
*Insert witty signature here.*
zshawn10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,602

Post#763 » by zshawn10 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Post#764 » by Packbuckman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Bucks are absolutely awful in the playoffs and constantly get bounced by lower seeded teams.

The Bucks have been getting bounced by terrific defensive squads/schemes. The Nets have neither right now.

Bucks were the first seeds in the past two seasons and lost to lower seeds both times now you think they are going to beat a team with Durant, Harden and Irving all of a sudden? Maybe the Nets will struggle defensively but no one is going to score more points then the nets. Bucks would lose this series in 6 games tops.

What when Giannis was 24-25 and Bledsoe as pg this bucks team with holiday is light years better. Plus also a way better shooting team from 3 they were 17th last year they are 1st now. Also got younger and more athletic 7 new players.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Post#765 » by Packbuckman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
I mean nobody is a stretch.

Kevin Durant can still be elite individual defender and he now has more offensive talent than ever before to take the burden off of him.

Jordan can also hold down the paint when motivated.

The Bucks problem is still that they have no creator in the last 5 minutes when they need offense. Giannis has never been that guy nor has Holiday.

Assuming Giannis doesn't have his yearly meltdown in the post season, even at his best he can't score effectively in the last few minutes of a close game.

If they put Durant on him Giannis just goes inside. Jordan can't help off Lopez either. Bucks matchup very well with this Brooklyn team.

In terms of the Bucks offense, Holiday is no Steve Nash with the ball but he's far better than Bledsoe was at creating, staying under control, not turning the ball over, and probing the defense for shots. So far this year he has picked his spots but has absolutely bullied people off the dribble when Bucks need a score. DiVencenzo is far more versatile offensively than Wes was, he can drive, pass, and shoot. This Bucks team is far better in the starting five. They are a better shooting team overall as well by a healthy margin.

It will be fun if they matchup with Brooklyn. I just don't think the Nets are a shoo-in like that Warriors team was. Far different from a chemistry and defensive perspective. Those two things matter.

I mean I don't know what you mean by "just goes inside."

Both the Heat and Raptors easily developed a defensive scheme to contain him and he literally had no counter. I don't see how the Nets don't study the scheme and use it.

They even used the same tactics in the FIBA world cup when he was playing for Greece.

Giannis's offensive game has been figured out and he has at not point developed out a counter punch. Until he does it I don't trust him as a reliable playoff guy.

Certainly not to the degree of Durant, Harden or even Kyrie.

Holiday is certainly an upgrade over Bledsoe who become borderline unpalyable.

However, I still see no solution of who is their go to scorer at the end of games. Giannis has never proven he can do it in the regular or post season.

Giannis and the bucks are already countering that with pick and rolls plus Giannis working on little hooks step back jumpers. And all 3 of Holiday Middleton Giannis can get buckets at anytime. Giannis had a slow start and getting 7 new players trying to gel we still are tied for 1st. The Nets defense will not shut down this bucks offense who lead the league in 3 pt shooting percentage and makes. Big upgrade from last two years where they were 17th.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#766 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 pm

zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

So they were trying to bend over Miami and Boston yet they took a bunch of pics which is likely going to be in the high twenties from Brooklyn?
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#767 » by Rapcity_11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:So they were trying to bend over Miami and Boston yet they took a bunch of pics which is likely going to be in the high twenties from Brooklyn?

Why would you assume the picks from 2024-2027 are going to be late 20's?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#768 » by Lalouie » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:25 pm

this is the most UNBLOCKBUSTER blockbluster trade ever

if you look at what hou was asking for, and of course they would ask for the moon,,,,,BUT what they ended up with, and who else was moved mainly lavert and oladipo,,,,,,,,,,

kudos to bos, miami, and philly for staying at home
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#769 » by kombayn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:02 pm

If I was Boston, I take that deal. What is Ainge doing?
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#770 » by Ball so hard » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:51 pm

As a Lakers fan I love this trade for the Nets... this should make for a very exciting post season. Kind of sucks for all other teams. I wasn't a fan of superteams. However, i've come to realize that the only way to compete with a superteam is to create your own superteam. Celtics' big three led to Heat's big three; then came the Warriors, etc. I expect more teams to attempt to follow suit.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#771 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm

kombayn wrote:If I was Boston, I take that deal. What is Ainge doing?

Why would Ainge do that trade? So Harden can walk away at the end of next year leaving the Celtics with nothing?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,548

Post#772 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Please show me where I said the Bucks are better than or will beat the Nets in a series.

I’m waiting.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,289

Post#773 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 am

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
LAvision
Sixth Man
And1: 4,268

Post#774 » by LAvision » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:29 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

So they were trying to bend over Miami and Boston yet they took a bunch of pics which is likely going to be in the high twenties from Brooklyn?

Seriously, this reeks of damage control.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#775 » by Jkam31 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:58 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

That Miami trade is fair a big 3 of Harden/Jimmy/Bam gets it done. But again why ask for so much and settle for the garbage they got makes no damn sense at all
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#776 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:02 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

bos n mia picks wouldn't be in the 20s as well if they got Harden? :-?
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#777 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:03 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

bos n mia picks wouldn't be in the 20s as well if they got Harden? :-?

Maybe they would have been but they were asking for good players as well especially a ton from Miami. Meanwhile they get just picks from the Nets and most of these will end up being late picks.
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#778 » by J_T » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 pm

https://youtu.be/nmsLlkikTAk?t=26
:lol: That's a nice way to put it. On the same team you have burner accounts, honey buns and flat Earth.
benson13
Rookie
And1: 983

Post#779 » by benson13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:
benson13 wrote:Brooklyn should be fine as long as the Warriors don't get to the Finals. Curry has historically owned Harden's vagina.

Kyrie is Steph matchup. And kyrie historically sonned him in the 2016 finals after warriors won 73 games

I would argue that Chris Paul and Pat Beverly guarded Steph when the Rockets played the Warriors.

The post was a joke about Harden being 0-4 in the playoffs against Curry and historically coming up comically short.

Return to The General Board