i still dont understand what it is with derrick favors...

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: i still dont understand what it is with derrick favors... 

Post#81 » by Harry10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 pm

esperanzafleet wrote:perplexing... this dude on espn just said the jazz won the dwill trade because they got favors, he also went on to elaborate that favors would be the #1 pick in this years draft... some of the most bold and absurd statements ive heard in a long while...

the dude is right...... the Jazz got an amazing package. even if Deron resigns with the NJ, Favors, plus the two high picks, is way better than Deron, because Kyrie Irving is legit!

the Nets were absolutely and amazing stupid for giving up what they gave up, because with the two picks, they could have potentially gotten Kyrie Irving and Michael Gilchrist.

If the Nets GM was smart, and just didn't make trades to please the fans, he could have easily built a championship team the right way...... through the draft.

Brook
Favors
Gilchrist
Marrow
Irving

Now the Jazz will be able to put up a good team by drafting Jimmer, and Harrison Barnes
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,078

Post#82 » by FJS » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm

As a Jazz fan is easy to see as an upgrade this trade.

Deron is a top 10 player in the league, but he was disgruntled, and every day the situation was worse.
Now we have Harris who is in averages the 75% of Deron. A 15 ppg with 75 Apg.
With Harris not trying to be the franchise player, suddenly others players are taking responsabilities and playing better, like AK, Jefferson and Millsap.
Then, you have Favors, who can be Karl Malone or can be a role player. Still he has great defensive tools and it was needed in the Jazz.
Finally you have a probably top 5 pick this year, who another time can be a great player or not.
And then in 2012 another 8-14 player in the draft (if GSW doens't grown in a year)

So basically, you lost a top 10 player, but you gain 4 potentially great players and other pieces in the team play better....

It's not that bad.

And remember, Deron never said he wanted to stay in Utah, and he was being a problem with his attitude.
malcrk
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#83 » by malcrk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:42 pm

The only sport ESPN cares about is football. I wish TNT's crew did every single game. 90% of their analysis on basketball with ESPN are football guys playing devil's advocate for absolutely no reason. It's hard to watch.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,308

Post#84 » by Marvel » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 am

malcrk wrote:The only sport ESPN cares about is football. I wish TNT's crew did every single game. 90% of their analysis on basketball with ESPN are football guys playing devil's advocate for absolutely no reason. It's hard to watch.

Your sig is a classic.....roflmao.
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#85 » by droponov » Tue Mar 1, 2011 4:31 am

DPOY potential.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#86 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 4:48 am

I thought they did get a pretty good return for Williams. They probably had doubt whether they could resign him and didn't want to settle with giving the guy away for a far inferior package. Harris, Favors, and a couple 1st rounders is a pretty big return, much better then what they would of gotten at the deadline next year if Williams pulled a Carmelo and handcuffed the organization.
Millsap24
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#87 » by Millsap24 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 4:55 am

3 games in and he's already an impact player for the Jazz.

Seriously, his numbers(15 minutes per game :roll: ) doesn't do him justice. This kid is gonna be a stud once he gets the PT.
joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#88 » by joeyAdaMan » Tue Mar 1, 2011 4:59 am

he's 19 that's about all you need to know about him give the kid some time geez
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 12,059

Post#89 » by Nate505 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 5:14 am

He's definitely impressed me so far. Looking at the kid it feels like he's going to be a star if he can just put everything together, and I see no reason why he can't. He has a good work ethic from what I hear. He's already a pretty damn good defensive player for a rookie. If he can develop a nice 17 foot jumper with consistency he will be great, and he has pretty good form out there to make it happen.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,161

Post#90 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 6:53 am

I thought he had his best game as a jazzman tonight.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
yonexpro1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#91 » by yonexpro1 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 7:19 am

Kid is a flat out stud. He is gonna be an allstar within the next 4 or 5 yrs.

Every game he has played he has been a huge difference maker, his presence is felt on the court.

His D is far superior than any other rookie big, and hell even for some vets. His offense is still up in the air for me.So far:

he has hit 2/2 mid range, 2/3 post up moves (2 being and 1's) and a lot of dunks and put backs.

No doubts this kid is gonna be a quality player.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#92 » by carrottop12 » Wed Mar 2, 2011 1:22 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etl6N0JlvP0[/youtube]

This is what Jazz fans are excited about.

Return to The General Board