Poll: Question for LAL Fans, Do You Include Gasol If..

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Laker Fans, Do You Do This Deal?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 38

clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Re: RE-RE-VOTE: IF It Was Down to NJ/LAL For Dwight 

Post#81 » by clockwork247 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:20 am

Heaven101 wrote:
BKurt wrote:Only dellusional Orlando fans think they can actually land both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I don't know why I keep seeing so many posts including both Bynum and Pau. The package offered was always centered around Bynum, and picks. Which Orlando has admitted they liked better than Brook Lopez and package. Orlando's lucky that they are even getting offered that much for him. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are receiving these quality type of players. They could end up like the Cavs and panzy Dan Gilbert and be left with nothing.

BTW, A front court of Pau and D12 will be the best front court in history. Beast mode. Dwight's explosiveness and his consistent knack of getting low positioning will compliment paus style perfectly.

Best front court in league history is going a bit too far, the D.Robinson+Duncan front court easily trumps that.

that's true, lol, Howard is the #1 C right now, but through out history he's actually not up there.

Pau gasol is in the same categories as howard... unfortunately for him, there's alot more good PF playing at his time.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,112

Post#82 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 am

OT, but for some reason Nets fans are by far the most on-the-ball as a fanbase when it comes to trade proposals. I mean there's only like 10 or so that post regularly, and half of you guys are great at this stuff.

Just something I noticed.
BKurt
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by BKurt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:22 am

Heaven101 wrote:
BKurt wrote:Only dellusional Orlando fans think they can actually land both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I don't know why I keep seeing so many posts including both Bynum and Pau. The package offered was always centered around Bynum, and picks. Which Orlando has admitted they liked better than Brook Lopez and package. Orlando's lucky that they are even getting offered that much for him. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are receiving these quality type of players. They could end up like the Cavs and panzy Dan Gilbert and be left with nothing.

BTW, A front court of Pau and D12 will be the best front court in history. Beast mode. Dwight's explosiveness and his consistent knack of getting low positioning will compliment paus style perfectly.

Best front court in league history is going a bit too far, the D.Robinson+Duncan front court easily trumps that.

FAIL
Heaven101
Junior

Post#84 » by Heaven101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

clockwork247 wrote:
Heaven101 wrote:With LA's reluctance to part with both Gasol and Bynum, Dwight's unwillingness to follow's Shaq's path, now adding the fact that CP3 is no longer an option for LA, I think NJ's chance is much higher barring any tampering issues.

reluctant to go to better weather city, bigger market, more endorsement?

these guys can careless about something like "follow shaq's path", all they care is how much money they're getting THEN follow with how they etch their name in the sport's history.

Crazy fans are making up new excuse/rules everyday to suit their mood.

Laker is offering bynum + extra only, there's no pau gasol involve in this trade. Bynum + gasol and take back a horrible contract? lol, that combo can probably last about 2 more years, why bother selling your whole team out when your time is still there (as oppose to D12's time in Orlando).

Don't factor in anything D12 is saying he wants NJ or LA, that's it. whoever get the better package will get him. That is all. There's no other reason for Orlando's GM to take the lesser package, he's not going to pay for all the extra stuff that's gonna be missing out of his own pocket.

Who would give up millions for a warmer city? More endorsement? pretty sure staying in NO pretty much is his best option without going through these dramas now. Now Bigger city is also debatable there, NYC Vs LA, really...
Heaven101
Junior

Post#85 » by Heaven101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 am

BKurt wrote:
Heaven101 wrote:

FAIL

Any basketball fans with logics would agree D.Robinson+Duncan>>>>>>>Pau+Dwight, it's not even debatable, and both defensively and offensively by a quite a margin.
AxnJxn00
Senior
And1: 3

Post#86 » by AxnJxn00 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 am

you know JRICH cannot be traded right"?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#87 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:37 am

AxnJxn00 wrote:you know JRICH cannot be traded right"?

Yes, but QRich can.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
clockwork247
Sophomore

Post#88 » by clockwork247 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 am

Heaven101 wrote:
clockwork247 wrote:
Heaven101 wrote:With LA's reluctance to part with both Gasol and Bynum, Dwight's unwillingness to follow's Shaq's path, now adding the fact that CP3 is no longer an option for LA, I think NJ's chance is much higher barring any tampering issues.

reluctant to go to better weather city, bigger market, more endorsement?

these guys can careless about something like "follow shaq's path", all they care is how much money they're getting THEN follow with how they etch their name in the sport's history.

Crazy fans are making up new excuse/rules everyday to suit their mood.

Laker is offering bynum + extra only, there's no pau gasol involve in this trade. Bynum + gasol and take back a horrible contract? lol, that combo can probably last about 2 more years, why bother selling your whole team out when your time is still there (as oppose to D12's time in Orlando).

Don't factor in anything D12 is saying he wants NJ or LA, that's it. whoever get the better package will get him. That is all. There's no other reason for Orlando's GM to take the lesser package, he's not going to pay for all the extra stuff that's gonna be missing out of his own pocket.

Who would give up millions for a warmer city? More endorsement? pretty sure staying in NO pretty much is his best option without going through these dramas now. Now Bigger city is also debatable there, NYC Vs LA, really...

the net is consider to be in NYC? last time I check that's the knicks.
D12 is not going anywhere near NO
how is D12 going to lose money from going to LA instead of NJ? contract is gonna be the same...
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,210

Post#89 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 am

From what I understand, Orlando may like Bynum more than Lopez, but Lopez and taking on Hedo's contract is definitely better than that. From what I understand, the Lakers can't take on Hedo's contract (which Orlando wants a team to do) unless they trade Bynum and Gasol.

Also, I don't think Orlando likes either Bynum + picks or Lopez + picks. I think they feel that Howard is worth a lot more than that (which he is, let's be honest), and I think that's why they've told both teams that it's going to take more than that. I know NJ is working with a third team in order to give Orlando more, I don't know what LA is doing, but I have to believe that in order to make it as appealing as NJ's offer, they have to trade Gasol and Bynum, either to Orlando, or as part of a 3-team trade.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Poll: Question for LAL Fans, Do You Include Gasol If.. 

Post#90 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 am

Updated...

It seems as long as LAL includes Gasol, they can beat any NJ offer.
So the question is... would they?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:36 am

My point of all this.. it's up to the Lakers if they get Dwight, IMO.
And I think he will be a Laker by midweek.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#92 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:01 am

Trader_Joe wrote:My point of all this.. it's up to the Lakers if they get Dwight, IMO.

I don't think so, because I feel like they won't want to trade Gasol and Bynum. And that would be the right move, you'd deplete your front court depth for Howard. I've mentioned it a few times, he's not as good as Gasol+Bynum+Odom, which is basically what the Lakers would have given up if they get Howard.
clockwork247
Sophomore

Post#93 » by clockwork247 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 am

Trader_Joe wrote:My point of all this.. it's up to the Lakers if they get Dwight, IMO.

i think if they include gasol it's a done deal already....

as far as hedo's contract, there's probably some way to work around it, so it's not going to be a problem... they're probably cooking it up right now.

so bottom line is they're probably lining up something like bynum + picks + fillers....

again the nets offer is actually pretty good, and it should be, these GMs are trying to pay the least to obtain howard, everyone wants howard, no one wants to overpay.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 406

Post#94 » by Wolves21 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:26 am

Yes with out blinking and eye.The Lakers need to think not just about this season but the future of the team as well.I love Kobe Bryant to death but he has only a few season left and will turn 34 this season and their going to need a new #1 elite superstar to build around for the next decade i.e Dwight Howard.Plus a combo of Kobe/Howard will still be enough for them to make the playoffs this year.Not enough for a legit title run but come next off season they can add a few more peace to bring them back to the promise land.

People that are say trading Gasol/Bynum is to much to give up for Howard are crazy.Theirs only about ten or twelve elite players in this league and Howard is one while Gasol/Bynum are not.Any time you can get and Elite player in their prime you due it.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#95 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:33 am

Wolves21 wrote:Yes with out blinking and eye.The Lakers need to think not just about this season but the future of the team as well.I love Kobe Bryant to death but he has only a few season left and will turn 34 this season and their going to need a new #1 elite superstar to build around for the next decade i.e Dwight Howard.Plus a combo of Kobe/Howard will still be enough for them to make the playoffs this year.Not enough for a legit title run but come next off season they can add a few more peace to bring them back to the promise land.

People that are say trading Gasol/Bynum is to much to give up for Howard are crazy.Theirs only about ten or twelve elite players in this league and Howard is one while Gasol/Bynum are not.Any time you can get and Elite player in their prime you due it.

You can't gut your team just to get an elite player though. What's made the Lakers so good the last 4 years is their elite front court, and the depth they've had there. Howard is the best front court player in the league, but he'd be the only good big man on the team if you trade Gasol and Bynum for him.
gmurray8
Sophomore

Post#96 » by gmurray8 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 am

Wolves21 wrote:Yes with out blinking and eye.The Lakers need to think not just about this season but the future of the team as well.I love Kobe Bryant to death but he has only a few season left and will turn 34 this season and their going to need a new #1 elite superstar to build around for the next decade i.e Dwight Howard.Plus a combo of Kobe/Howard will still be enough for them to make the playoffs this year.Not enough for a legit title run but come next off season they can add a few more peace to bring them back to the promise land.

Howard is a great player (and the best center in the league) but I honestly think his value is slightly inflated. He can't shoot free throws and has a career a/to ratio of less than 1:2. Pau Gasol is NOT THAT MUCH WORSE than Howard at this stage of their careers, but Howard is 5 years younger so he's obviously more valuable. Bynum is like a tech stock... he's either going to be a superstar level bigman or riddled with injuries the rest of his career and I would say the latter is more likely, but we'll see.

The problem I see is that one of them really isn't enough value but both of them is too much to give up. I think a deal of one or the other plus two first rounders and taking on Hedo's contract is better than NJ can offer.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#97 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 am

The Lakers should not give up Gasol and Bynum. However good Dwight is the difference between him and Gasol is not another legit 7 footer and eating up Hedo's contract. That would be overpaying on the Lakers part. Assuming Mitch doesn't send both centers to the Magic it's pretty much a tossup on which offer the Magic thinks is better with the Lakers at a slight disadvantage.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#98 » by Jajwanda » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:19 am

I think you do it mainly because of the possible fit. Gasol-Bynum is excellent talent-wise but you Kobe-Dwight can have a solid team placed around them without all that much trouble. Gasol-Bynum require more shooters, they're not ideal defensively, etc etc...

I like having a true franchise player on the team. Honestly I feel like Kobe-Howard is a stronger combo than Miami's top two and it fit seamlessly.

I would do Blake, Dallas 1st, Gasol, Bynum for Jameer, Howard, and Turkoglu. Maybe you can add Turiaf for the TPE from Washington.

PG- Nelson, Fisher
SG- Bryant, Morris
SF- Artest, Barnes
PF- Turiaf, Caracter
C- Howard, veteran fill-in

Fits well together and great on defense.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#99 » by doozyj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:19 am

I think we just take our chances with Bynum developing, we need a PG and should just use our TPE to find one. Bynum + Gasol is giving up WAAAAAY too much, period!
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#100 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 am

gmurray8 wrote:

Howard is a great player (and the best center in the league) but I honestly think his value is slightly inflated. He can't shoot free throws and has a career a/to ratio of less than 1:2. Pau Gasol is NOT THAT MUCH WORSE than Howard at this stage of their careers, but Howard is 5 years younger so he's obviously more valuable. Bynum is like a tech stock... he's either going to be a superstar level bigman or riddled with injuries the rest of his career and I would say the latter is more likely, but we'll see.

The problem I see is that one of them really isn't enough value but both of them is too much to give up. I think a deal of one or the other plus two first rounders and taking on Hedo's contract is better than NJ can offer.

That would be the same deal that NJ is offering, except they're offering Lopez. Here's the way I see it though:

-If you're trading for Howard, and you have to trade Bynum or Gasol, you trade Bynum for sure, it would be pointless to have him and Howard together, they play the same way, except Howard is just much better

-Lopez by himself is clearly more valuable than Bynum by himself imo, but I guess the Magic owner sees it differently. Regardless though, there isn't much difference in value between them, simply because of Bynum's injury history. Replacing Bynum with Gasol in that scenario is clearly a better offer, but again, trading for Howard, you use Bynum.

-You guys can't absorb Hedo's contract unless you trade both Bynum and Gasol, so I don't see the Lakers putting together an attractive enough offer unless both big men are part of a trade. From what I understand, the Magic really want to dump Hedo's contract in a Howard trade, the Nets can and are willing to absorb that.

As a Nets fan, I'm always ready to be disappointed, but as of right now, I think we're the favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lakers pull a great deal out of their ass and nab Howard. Dark horse is the Bulls.

Return to The General Board