Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,107

Re: Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks 

Post#81 » by Hugi Mancura » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Sixers took a tactic where they did not play any defense against Siakam or Gasol if they had the ball outside 3 second area. This created a situation where there were 5 guys defending rest of the 3 starters. It worked because both Siakam and Gasol shot very poorly against them. But suddenly found they shot against Bucks. FVV also had bad series. Sixers defense was big reason for that, but let's not kid ourselves and say he usually shoots 57% from 3 like he did against Bucks. So these 3 were the difference makers in series against Bucks (while Green sucked in those series).

Tactically Bucks were awful. They are easy to defend. On offense they don't react to defensive schemes built against them. Sixers were much better coached than Bucks. So against Sixers you had to be awake more because they attacked against you with different styles (Embiid post, Redding running, Butler ISO and Simmon p&r), while Bucks just played that predictable iso basketball. You could almost say Bucks were in the same situation where Sixers were last year. Their key players were young and had no playoff experience so players didn't find any tactical changes that could have helped them and their coach couldn't help them.

Would Sixers have beaten Bucks? Well, who knows. Their tactic leaving Gasol and Siakam wide open wouldn't have worked against Bucks because Bucks have nothing but shooters. So only way we could know is to go back in history and see Sixers beating Raps and advance forward and because as far I know we don't have ability to move back in time we will never know.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,735

Post#82 » by ropjhk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:50 pm

He didn't say the Sixers were better. He said they were more talented and it looks to me that he's implying they were a tougher matchup. Ask him who he thinks would win in a series between the Bucks and the Sixers and you might get a surprising answer.
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#83 » by Ben Simmons » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Giannis scored a career-high 52 at home and Sixers won :P
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 915

Post#84 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Ben Simmons wrote:Giannis scored a career-high 52 at home and Sixers won :P

Bucks won 2 out of 3. What’s your point?

Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#85 » by Ben Simmons » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
Ben Simmons wrote:Giannis scored a career-high 52 at home and Sixers won :P

Bucks won 2 out of 3. What’s your point?

24 Oct 2018: Milwaukee 123, Philadelphia 108 = Philly didn't have Butler and Harris
17 Mar 2019: Philadelphia 130, Milwaukee 125 = Butler and Harris both played
4 Apr 2019: Milwaukee 128, Philadelphia 122 = Harris played, Butler didn't play

Giannis scored 52 at home and it wasn't enough, so if they met Philly in the playoffs they'd have no home court advantage, especially considering Philly's roster is built for the playoffs while Milwaukee is clearly not built for the playoffs.
Heck, even Toronto's home court had no impact on Philly 8-)
Filthadelphia
Senior
And1: 751

Post#86 » by Filthadelphia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 am

Embiid-Simmons era in Philly has begun with incredible success.
There were points in both seasons thus far where they looked like legit Finals teams.
With their bet player still learning the game and their PG learning the hardest position on the floor.

Lot of things to be excitedabout if they stay healthy.
AVATAR BET W RAPS FANS: Sixers beat Raps in 2018 playoffs
-binjumper
-And1+2
Demari
Senior
And1: 628

Post#87 » by Demari » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 am

lol I love how 76ers fans completely ignore the fact kawhi was HOBBLING on one foot for half the series

that is not an exagerraiton to anyone who watched the games. dude was seriously hurt. our #1 player. we still beat them down

meanwhile they wanna cry about how they would have swept the raptors if embiid didn't have diarreah and a cold
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,548

Post#88 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

Many would feel this way. The bucks were fools gold.

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

I know you’re going to be inclined to get defensive here, but I swear to you I’m being objective in asking you this question:

What makes you think that even if the Bucks won Game 3, you’d be in the Finals right now? In the same way that it would take the Raps winning 4 in a row to come back down 3-0, guess what, they did win 4 in a row, right? Obviously under different circumstances, but there is nothing to suggest they wouldn’t be able to do it. Assumptions can have us go back and forth and back and forth. No one is being cocky, we just think the Sixers were a tougher matchup for us, no offense to you and the rest of you Bucks fans, if only because it literally came down to a LAST SECOND SHOT IN GAME 7 against Philly.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#89 » by Profound23 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 am

He could be right.....but Danny’s Green played one of the worst series of his career. Kind of weird for him to say this after the Bucks made him look like the worst Raptor out there.
dred926
Senior
And1: 449

Post#90 » by dred926 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:03 am

He isnt wrong .. sixers have 3 guys that are defensive studs.... but that will change next off season if butler leaves ...
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,706

Post#91 » by CoP » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:22 am

Raptors roleplayers made more open shots vs the Bucks than they did vs the Sixers. That was the main difference.

Any of the Bucks, Raps or Sixers could have made the Finals this season depending on how a few bounces went. They were all that close.
SappySkunk
Freshman
And1: 56

Post#92 » by SappySkunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 am

Sixers beat themselves...Embiid was a shell of himself on offense, Butler was too passive all season long, Simmons won't shoot a jumper 3 years into his career, and we still don't know how to close out games.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#93 » by Coach Carter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Coach Carter wrote:You ppl are forgetting that toronto got more confident as they progressed through these playoffs, the demons from previous years were ever present up until the conclusion of game 3 v the bucks, where again they did their best to choke that game away.

Whatever makes you feel better

ditto
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#94 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 am

Why did Danny even feel compelled to say this bulls--+. Insecure?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
SpiderX1016
Junior
And1: 335

Post#95 » by SpiderX1016 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:08 am

Thought that for a while now. Hard to contend when your star player can't shoot. They're a good regular season team though and I do hope they prove me wrong in the future.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#96 » by agkagk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:17 am

-G- wrote:Sixers had the talent, they're just a terrible fit.

I think if the sixers had a legitimate scoring guard off the bench, they beat my raps.
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#97 » by otmshank1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

I know you’re going to be inclined to get defensive here, but I swear to you I’m being objective in asking you this question:

What makes you think that even if the Bucks won Game 3, you’d be in the Finals right now? In the same way that it would take the Raps winning 4 in a row to come back down 3-0, guess what, they did win 4 in a row, right? Obviously under different circumstances, but there is nothing to suggest they wouldn’t be able to do it. Assumptions can have us go back and forth and back and forth. No one is being cocky, we just think the Sixers were a tougher matchup for us, no offense to you and the rest of you Bucks fans, if only because it literally came down to a LAST SECOND SHOT IN GAME 7 against Philly.

Not arguing that Philly wasn't a more difficult series - it clearly was, I was arguing against the "bucks are fools gold" comment. If they would have won the double overtime game they would have likely won the series - but hey you're right it's not a sure thing. I've given my props to Philly earlier in this thread, just trying to defend my team a bit.
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,964

Post#98 » by Quattro » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm

That Sixers series was some of the most intense bastketball I've ever watched. Really impressed with their team and with some experience behind them, I think they're going to be real contenders for a championship next season provided they can bring Butler back.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#99 » by LKN » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:40 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

No team has ever come back from 3-0 in NBA history... so that's a pretty good reason right there
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,548

Post#100 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

LKN wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:

No team has ever come back from 3-0 in NBA history... so that's a pretty good reason right there

Sure, but that still doesn’t mean it was a sure thing.

Return to The General Board