Woj: Julius Randle to Knicks (3 Years, $63M)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,307

Re: Woj: Julius Randle to Knicks (3 Years/$63M) 

Post#81 » by Kampuchea » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Atmanne wrote:Third year's a team option. Makes the deal better.

WAIT, THE KNICKS HAVE A TEAM OPTION?

WTF IS GOING ON, IS DOLAN OK?!?!?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Woj: Julius Randle has agreed to a three-year, $63M deal with the New York Knicks 

Post#82 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:52 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:People calling this a bargain? Holy smokes. That's a lot, but I guess Knicks didn't have many options left.

he's still really young and averaged 21/6/3 last year.

If anything he's exciting. They still have a ton of cap and didn't kill theirs to sign him.

This was prob going rate.

I think more people know his numbers than his game. He's not an impactful difference maker.

I think he can be impactful. He was a +1.4 BPM last year.. I really dont think its a bad signing. I think he's made it clear that winning isnt his priority right now, though
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Re: Woj: Julius Randle to Knicks (3 Years, $63M) 

Post#83 » by bargnanimvp » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Knicks gonna Knick. Randle is highly overrated, would be better off using that capspace to take on salary.

If I was the Knicks GM I'd be on the phone with Minnesota trying to get two first rd picks to take Andrew Wiggins' contract off of their hands.

Why?
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 665

Post#84 » by NetsJets » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

Good signing for them. They needed a PF in the worst way.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,577

Post#85 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:54 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:People actually think this is a good deal? Lol. 2 years, $63M would be better. Knicks should be targeting max slots in 2021 for Giannis and the money to surround him with George/Beal/whoever until Giannis signs an extension. Randle doesn't move the needle and they could always resign him in 2021 if they really wanted him.

lol giannis? Knicks arent getting any top free agents period they might as well make signings like this and build through the draft and continue gathering assets then make necessary moves when somebody bless their sole whoever that may be actually wants to come here and is willing to take on this challenge.

That's nonsense. If Barrett pans out, with Robinson and 2 more high lottery picks, they would be the run away favorites to sign Giannis and 2 other max/near max guys if he chose to leave Milwaukee. LAC/LAL/BKN are all out of the race. That leaves 1 team in the 2 largest media markets.

C Robinson / lottery pick
PF Giannis
SF Paul George
SG Beal / Barrett
PG lottery pick

That should be the goal until Giannis resigns.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#86 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:55 pm

Stop-gap, semi-"name" and "rep" signing... won't get them to the playoffs or be a difference maker for it. NYKK still need more to be a playoff contender.

Randle will produce, though, and make some flashy plays.. just don't play him at the 5 much.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#87 » by kingquan316 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:People actually think this is a good deal? Lol. 2 years, $63M would be better. Knicks should be targeting max slots in 2021 for Giannis and the money to surround him with George/Beal/whoever until Giannis signs an extension. Randle doesn't move the needle and they could always resign him in 2021 if they really wanted him.

lol giannis? Knicks arent getting any top free agents period they might as well make signings like this and build through the draft and continue gathering assets then make necessary moves when somebody bless their sole whoever that may be actually wants to come here and is willing to take on this challenge.

That's nonsense. If Barrett pans out, with Robinson and 2 more high lottery picks, they would be the run away favorites to sign Giannis and 2 other max/near max guys if he chose to leave Milwaukee. LAC/LAL/BKN are all out of the race. That leaves 1 team in the 2 largest media markets.

PF Giannis
SF Paul George
SG Beal / Barrett
PG lottery pick

I think Knick fans (myself included) probably don't have faith in free agency ever again. We want to build through the draft quietly and just have everyone not pay attention to us.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,577

Post#88 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:57 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:

PF Giannis
SF Paul George
SG Beal / Barrett
PG lottery pick

I think Knick fans (myself included) probably don't have faith in free agency ever again. We want to build through the draft quietly and just have everyone not pay attention to us.

How does signing Randle to a 2 year deal at a bit higher salary instead of 3 years prevent the Knicks from building through the draft? I take this all back if the last year of this deal is a team option obviously.
Jagic Mohnson
Pro Prospect
And1: 680

Post#89 » by Jagic Mohnson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:57 pm

knicks got their new anthony mason. randle is a tough sob man.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,547

Post#90 » by DaGawd » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter

lmao.. he's gonna learn
BaF
Washington Wizards
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,819

Post#91 » by omerome » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:59 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Knicks gonna Knick. Randle is highly overrated, would be better off using that capspace to take on salary.

If I was the Knicks GM I'd be on the phone with Minnesota trying to get two first rd picks to take Andrew Wiggins' contract off of their hands.

Why?

I have no idea.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,411

Post#92 » by MalonesElbows » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:00 am

PF version of Zach Lavine. A natural scorer, but not the smartest one.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#93 » by tmorgan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:00 am

Not to be a pain, but can someone explain why Tobias Harris is worth so much more than Julius Randle? They don't play the same way, but are actually extremely similar if you look at the numbers.

This is a decent signing.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#94 » by kingquan316 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:01 am

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:

PF Giannis
SF Paul George
SG Beal / Barrett
PG lottery pick

How does signing Randle to a 2 year deal at a bit higher salary instead of 3 years prevent the Knicks from building through the draft? I take this all back if the last year of this deal is a team option obviously.

It doesn't, but don't mean we have faith in it at this point after 2010, and this summer. I think the majority of the fanbase wanna prioritize on drafting and developing young players and don't even think about a Giannis signing.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#95 » by LakersSoul » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like Randle as the #3 or #4 guy.

NY is dumb. Not giving KD the max because of the injury is dumb. They could have added Kyrie too.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#96 » by queridiculo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:01 am

Jagic Mohnson wrote:knicks got their new anthony mason. randle is a tough sob man.

Mason played defense, how are they similar, at all??
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,383

Re: Woj: Julius Randle has agreed to a three-year, $63M deal with the New York Knicks 

Post#97 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:02 am

JellosJigglin wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:People calling this a bargain? Holy smokes. That's a lot, but I guess Knicks didn't have many options left.

he's still really young and averaged 21/6/3 last year.

If anything he's exciting. They still have a ton of cap and didn't kill theirs to sign him.

This was prob going rate.

I think more people know his numbers than his game. He's not an impactful difference maker.

had this discussion about him in a thread on here this week. I think he's better than people give him credit for.

Fizdale is going to let him handle the ball and do different things, this will look like a great signing. Plus, they can now gear up for KD in 2023
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 925

Post#98 » by NY2k1 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:03 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

NY is dumb. Not giving KD the max because of the injury is dumb. They could have added Kyrie too.

KD tore his Achilles. That's not just any injury.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#99 » by Sprewell4Three » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:05 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just as your lakers were dumb for giving Kobe a contract after he tore his achilles right?
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#100 » by Knicks7Tape » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:05 am

I love this move. Hope DLo is next.

Return to The General Board