Lakers have no chance to beat the Clippers with Marcus Morris now

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Re: Lakers have no chance to beat the Clippers with Marcus Morris now 

Post#81 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:27 pm

wfiles wrote:All because they didn't want to give up that overrated Kuzma. I'd say Clippers easily in 5 over the Lakers. :lol:

Yea this is definitely not an biased/agenda based/troll post based on nonsense.

"no chance"

They have Lebron. that alone gives them a chance
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,357

Post#82 » by lambchop » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:27 pm

It all comes down to whether LBJ is willing or capable of defending SOMEONE. If the clips roll out Lou, Morris, George, klaw, trez then lebron can't hide on D.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,742

Post#83 » by SFour » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:30 pm

I have Clippers are favourites to win it all as long as Kawhi and PG stay healthy....this is before and especially after the Morris trade
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#84 » by jwise44 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:34 pm

I think whoever gets Collison is the winner
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#85 » by nickhx2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:35 pm

Not Suave Rico wrote:Harkless 37% on 1.5 attempts a game.
Morris 43.9% on 6.1 attempts a game.

Harkless is a fine rotation player, but the Clippers really did need more offense from that spot. Hard to start a guy like Harkless when you are also starting Zubac and Beverley. Also the team lacked scoring on days Kawhi sat.

hyperbole from some guys in here, aside, this is the reality

the team is adding a guy who is going to create major space for the team, and still be viable on defense.

i really liked moe's contributions when he was on, but he was inconsistent and not aggressive enough on offense overall. is this a move that cements a championship? no, and rarely is that possible. but it's a pretty significant move and i think it's going to have a pretty strong impact on the team.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#86 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:36 pm

lambchop wrote:It all comes down to whether LBJ is willing or capable of defending SOMEONE. If the clips roll out Lou, Morris, George, klaw, trez then lebron can't hide on D.

?????????? Every metric has him above average on D this season ??????????????????????
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,296

Post#87 » by John Murdoch » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:36 pm

lol morris is a chucker , its the equivilant of adding Jordan Crawford at the SF spot. Harkless was twice the wing defender.
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#88 » by lamscott » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:44 pm

Barring all of the idiots who don't understand basketball or are biased because... they are idiots. The basics are below:

1. Clippers got better with Morris
2. Morris is not the next coming of Scottie Pippen
3. Morris's attitude may be an issue
4. Clippers were already expected to be better than the Lakers
5. Kuzma need to be shipped off with at least Danny Green to make the trade work, therefore it would have been a net negative since who would take Danny Green's place you idiots?
6. Lakers still need a guard to take Rondo's place and another big 3 and D defender.

Thank you. Everything else is dumb fluff.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#89 » by Forte IV » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:58 pm

John Murdoch wrote:lol morris is a chucker , its the equivilant of adding Jordan Crawford at the SF spot. Harkless was twice the wing defender.

Dang didnt realize 44% on 6 attempts a game from 3 was chucker status. Jordan Crawford wishes he was that efficient.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,868

Post#90 » by Goudelock » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:02 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I feel like the Clippers chances just dropped vs Lakers.

They slightly increase there chances if all goes well but increased their chances it could implode by much more.

Maybe, but this locker room also has the "dogs" to reel him in you'd hope. He eats guys in NY alive because it's a young locker room. I'd imagine on a team with Pat, Kawhi, Doc, Trez it will be a little more of a mutual respect. Never know though, it IS a risk obviously. What I'm more impressed with is the Clippers upgraded without losing anyone out of their rotation besides Harkless.

I would believe this too, but I saw Dwight Howard implode a locker room in 2012 that consisted of uber-veterans like Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol. So just because a team has good vets doesn't mean their chemistry can't be undone by one player.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#91 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:05 pm

Forte IV wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:lol morris is a chucker , its the equivilant of adding Jordan Crawford at the SF spot. Harkless was twice the wing defender.

Dang didnt realize 44% on 6 attempts a game from 3 was chucker status. Jordan Crawford wishes he was that efficient.

Once again he is shooting nowhere near that for his career and it is likely an aberration but keep dreaming.
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 637

Post#92 » by tsirigoj » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:06 pm

Effigy wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:Also, not to mention, the best move that the Lakers can make could be Darren Collison. That could potentially be a better move for the Lakers than this one is for the Clippers.

Pelinka is VERY smart for standing pat and not feeling like he HAD to shake things up.

Except the Clippers are just as likely for Darren Collison as the Lakers.

And honestly I don't think he moves the needle for either.

Except Lakers are in dire need for a real PG. If they can get a high-post/low post game going with LBJ and AD, they would be even deadlier.

I've been saying since the beginning of the season -- this team's full potential cannot be realized when LeBron is at the point; not because he is unable to play the point guard, but rather he is more effective in other capacities.

Also, with this trade, and someone in the know can correct me if I'm wrong, Clippers wouldn't have enough cap space to sign Collison anyways (I'm not completely sure about this, but I think this is accurate).

Collison may move the needle more for Lakers than Morris does for Clippers. Clippers may win net more regular season games, but in the playoffs, losing a solid defender for a shooter will not be beneficial against stronger teams (including a Laker team that will play the Clippers well inside the 3-point line).
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#93 » by lamscott » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:07 pm

Kuzma
Green
Couple of Second Round Picks

for

Morris

That is what the Knicks wanted
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#94 » by Benedict_Boozer » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:20 pm

lambchop wrote:It all comes down to whether LBJ is willing or capable of defending SOMEONE. If the clips roll out Lou, Morris, George, klaw, trez then lebron can't hide on D.

Eh...he can hide on Morris, Morris isn't that great off the bounce or 1 on 1. I remember the series between BOS and CLE where Morris did fine but he wasn't remotely a problem for Lebron in any way. Now that was a few years ago...but still.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#95 » by Higgs Boston » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:24 pm

Lakers have no chance to beat the clippers with harkless instead of morris, even me instead of morris.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,840

Post#96 » by infinite11285 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
wfiles wrote:All because they didn't want to give up that overrated Kuzma. I'd say Clippers easily in 5 over the Lakers. :lol:

"no chance"

Not only that, but it wasn’t a one-for-one Kuzma for Morris swap. LA would’ve had to give up 3-4 rotational players. Clippers also gave up a 1st pick. All things Morris is not worth.

These casuals and their hot takes smh.

The Clippers still have no one to guard AD when dialed in.
getitdone323
Sixth Man
And1: 2,760

Post#97 » by getitdone323 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:25 pm

LOL. I mean kuddos to the clippers for landing him they had moveable pieces. But for ppl to slander LAL/Pelinka for not caving into that request are flat out dumb. You can argue Green is better than morris when you factor in his defense.

Read on Twitter
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,408

Post#98 » by MalonesElbows » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:27 pm

I wouldn't have traded Kuzma for journeyman Morris either. He will not maintain that 3pt % in the west and is a FA next year.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,103

Post#99 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:30 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:I wouldn't have traded Kuzma for journeyman Morris either. He will not maintain that 3pt % in the west and is a FA next year.

I had no clue until 30 minutes ago but apparently Clippers can extend him with some sort of early bird for up to 18 mill a year before the summer. If he works out the next 3-4 months I'd give him a 2-3 year deal around that. As for maintaining TBH it's normal trajectory. The 3-4 seasons prior he was in the 36-38 ish 3 point% area on 4 attempts per game roughly. He's at 44% on 6 attempts this year. Much improved but not some random thing.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,146

Post#100 » by Effigy » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:37 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

"no chance"

Not only that, but it wasn’t a one-for-one Kuzma for Morris swap. LA would’ve had to gave up 3-4 rotational players. Clippers also gave up a 1st pick. All, things Morris is not worth.

These casuals and their hot takes smh.

The Clippers still have no one to guard AD when dialed in.

Morris isn't worth Kuzma or Green, but he's definitely worth a late first. He is good now when they are competing, not a player who may or may not be good 3 years from now.

Return to The General Board