People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Re: People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ? 

Post#81 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Man I really wish Bron and AD was playing tonight so we can see a real preview.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Re: People on her don’t seriously believe the Lakers can beat the Nets do they ? 

Post#82 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 pm

levon wrote:This thread has no upside for OP. If the Nets win, this never gets daylight. But if the Lakers win, this gets bumped to oblivion

Why are people assuming LAL get past LAC, Denver, Utah or even Phoenix?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 3,038

Post#83 » by OriginalRed » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

I mean, an injury can happen lol.

If you mean if both teams are fully healthy, sure I'd give you that the Nets should win but you can't ever count a team with AD and Lebron out.
LakersNavy
Sophomore
And1: 164

Post#84 » by LakersNavy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
Kobe187 wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:So the Lakers are just better at everything.

Are the Nets better at anything?

Nets with a better starting 5.

What about 3-point shooting?
What about offence?
What about assists?

I can bet you the Nets will be better at getting to 16 wins in the post season and the Lakers will not.

That's all that matters.

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? :lol:

The Nets are a really good team and they're playing well in the regular season but acting like the Lakers should cower in fear is ridiculous.
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 pm

LakersNavy wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:
Kobe187 wrote:
Nets with a better starting 5.

What about 3-point shooting?
What about offence?
What about assists?

I can bet you the Nets will be better at getting to 16 wins in the post season and the Lakers will not.

That's all that matters.

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? :lol:

The Nets are a really good team and they're playing well in the regular season but acting like the Lakers should cower in fear is ridiculous.

Its all good bro, I understand where you're coming from.

Good luck.
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#86 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
levon wrote:This thread has no upside for OP. If the Nets win, this never gets daylight. But if the Lakers win, this gets bumped to oblivion

I don't. I have Denver vs Phoenix in the western conference finals.
MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Post#87 » by MoochieNorris » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:35 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Nets not coming out the East so i think its a moot point.

go outside. the lockdown is **** with your head
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 3,089

Post#88 » by Oscar9992 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Nobody healthy Nets. If Nets have Spencer it's a WRAP!
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#89 » by levon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

The Lakers are better than all of those teams and match up favorably with them. The only real threat is Denver. I'd recommend people stop overvaluing the regular season.
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 pm

levon wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

The Lakers are better than all of those teams and match up favorably with them. The only real threat is Denver. I'd recommend people stop overvaluing the regular season.

I agree the Lakers may be better, but I just don't think the Lakers' health will be at 100%, thus I do not believe they will make the conference finals.

Just my opinion.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,729

Post#91 » by mademan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:18 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I get the nuggets love and think they got a legit shot at the finals, but I’d be shocked if the suns could beat either the lakers or clippers. Maybe if both of them end up on the other side of he bracket and both lose before seeing the suns, but that’s pretty doubtful
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,225

Post#92 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:20 pm

KD, Irving and Harden each have track records of either actually be injured in the postseason or otherwise collapsing.

That's not a given, of course. Durant and Irving have both shined in the Finals. But the Nets aren't a lock or even a near-lock for anything.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,933

Post#93 » by lakerz12 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:21 pm

People were saying the same about the Clippers beating the Lakers last year.

They ended up not even playing each other in the Playoffs.

The Playoffs are completely different than the regular season. See last years Bucks.

We can talk probabilities, but to say “X or Z WILL happen” is silly.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#94 » by levon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
levon wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:I don't. I have Denver vs Phoenix in the western conference finals.

I agree the Lakers may be better, but I just don't think the Lakers' health will be at 100%, thus I do not believe they will make the conference finals.

Just my opinion.

If you believe the projections, the Lakers will be all available by playoff time. Maybe they don't have enough time to jell altogether, but that's a separate concern. I don't know why you'd think the Lakers won't be fully healthy but would have confidence in, say, the Nets being fully healthy.
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man

Post#95 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:31 pm

levon wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:
levon wrote:The Lakers are better than all of those teams and match up favorably with them. The only real threat is Denver. I'd recommend people stop overvaluing the regular season.

Just my opinion.

If you believe the projections, the Lakers will be all available by playoff time. Maybe they don't have enough time to jell altogether, but that's a separate concern. I don't know why you'd think the Lakers won't be fully healthy but would have confidence in, say, the Nets being fully healthy.

I think LeBron will be fine, but I don't have confidence with Anthony Davis' Achilles injury.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#96 » by Dmagic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 pm

lets calm down for the sake of not disturbing the peace in brooklyn
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 3,038

Post#97 » by OriginalRed » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 pm

SweetTouch wrote:Nets should easily win

But if there’s anyone who can do the unthinkable is LBJ

He’s done the unthinkable 3 times and won the title as the underdog so you can bet on him

Only Dirk did it , but he only did it one season.

Titles won as underdog
1. 3 LBJ
2. 1 Dirk

What 3 unthinkable things did he do?
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#98 » by Dmagic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 pm

im a nets fan now. was lakers. still magic but ya know
t yeah i just **** with brooklyn more now. not feeling this lakers squad at all. and nets easy to cheer for if you a human too
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,822

Post#99 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:02 am

No one is beating the Nets they are absolutely stacked in every way. Actually never seen a team with this much talent.
Go Raps!!
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,514

Post#100 » by Onlytimewilltel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:10 am

I agree. No one is beating a healthy Nets team.

Return to The General Board