Jokic: "Why did you wave at the crowd?" ANT:(points @ scoreboard)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,783

Re: Jokic: "Why do you wave to crowd?" ANT:(points at scoreboard) 

Post#81 » by Jaqua92 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:09 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Lmao, yes direct eye contact and an incredulous look are all the signs of someone afraid.

Next thing you know you guys will start threads with Jokic vs Fury or Usyk.

Direct eye contact? Making eye contact and an incredulous look after they start to walk away from each other?

When Jokic got in his face, Ant started walking back and you can clearly see his head turned away from Jokic.

Ant didn't give him the "tough guy" eye contact until Jokic started to turn away and walk away

Like I said, you guys see what you want, especially when it comes to Jokic. If Ant doesn't make eye contact he's scared, if he does make eye contact he's also scared. Nobody is going to fight, what exactly would he be afraid of?

How many rounds would it take for Jokic to beat Usyk, 2 or 3?

The dude backed down. Period. Point blank.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 22,191

Re: Jokic: "Why did you wave at the crowd?" ANT:(points @ scoreboard) 

Post#82 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue May 21, 2024 7:09 pm

Edrees wrote:Did he ask murray why he threw a heat pack on the court? didn't see him ask it

Infinite Llamas wrote:Dude shot 6-24 and he’s fronting out there. Lmao

Threw a chair that hit a couple people when he lost last year.

This guy will do something stupid to the wrong person someday

box score watcher. his D shut down murray in the 2nd half. Wolves lose this series in 4 or 5 games without edwards. he's earned it.

It ain’t box score watching. He threw up enough bricks to give every citizen in Denver a new chimney. Shutting down an injured egomaniac like Murray is no great skill. He was playing over his head and just regressed to the mean. He hasn’t earned anything yet.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,795

Post#83 » by kingr » Tue May 21, 2024 7:10 pm

Edwards waving bye to the crowd that chants who's your daddy is an issue now? Oh please.

On the other hand, the dunk attempt was whack.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 43,059

Post#84 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 21, 2024 7:11 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Direct eye contact? Making eye contact and an incredulous look after they start to walk away from each other?

When Jokic got in his face, Ant started walking back and you can clearly see his head turned away from Jokic.

Ant didn't give him the "tough guy" eye contact until Jokic started to turn away and walk away

Like I said, you guys see what you want, especially when it comes to Jokic. If Ant doesn't make eye contact he's scared, if he does make eye contact he's also scared. Nobody is going to fight, what exactly would he be afraid of?

How many rounds would it take for Jokic to beat Usyk, 2 or 3?

The dude backed down. Period. Point blank.

Should Ant have gone for the rear naked choke, guillotine or armbar? Looking a man in his eye and dismissing him isn't "fear" its quite the opposite, but apparently Ant should have risked suspension in the next round vs someone going home.

The only time Ant should have been worried is when he had his back turned, that's about it actually.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,553

Post#85 » by r0drig0lac » Tue May 21, 2024 7:13 pm

Jedi32 wrote:Ant did nothing wrong. Joker didn't say anything when Murray did the gun gesture at a defender, he said nothing when Murray hit that half court shot and posed in front of the broadcasting table, so he needs to shut up about this.

/thread
10DayContract
Veteran
And1: 2,752

Post#86 » by 10DayContract » Tue May 21, 2024 7:22 pm

Lot of pearl clutching in this thread. Why does this upset some of you? Maybe the Nuggets should've stopped them.
Snake3
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#87 » by Snake3 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:30 pm

Don't got any issues what ANT did.

It's fun and it creates drama. Like Malone saying whose your daddy to the Lakers. It's a fun battle between the fans and the players to get them more engage. Jokic just has a bunch of class and he doesn't do all that. He might've thought ANT was too good for that to do that disrespectful stuff.

If you don't like it, get better and beat them.
10DayContract
Veteran

Post#88 » by 10DayContract » Tue May 21, 2024 7:34 pm

phanman wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
phanman wrote:No issues with either response. Ant just lead his team over the defending champs and Jokic was visibly frustrated and tired having given up a 20pt lead and playing the entire 2nd half.

McDaniels is a fool though and he is lucky KCP isn't that type of player.

I am going to delicately disagree with you on this. The fact that Malone conceded the game was the fool play. McDaniels was wide open...I saw nothing wrong with that play whatsoever.

You saw nothing wrong with throwing yourself a slam ball self ally oop?

What's wrong with that? Lol.

Obi Toppin went between his legs on a dunk in the playoff game in the Garden a few weeks ago. If the Knicks didn't like it, maybe they should stop him.

What are these rules? Is this a gentlemen's English duel in the 1700s? Next time if Denver beat them they can do 360 dunks if they feel like it. You think I'm going to cry about it?
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,301

Post#89 » by jigga_man » Tue May 21, 2024 7:37 pm

Sealab2024 wrote:The Alpha dog is marking his territory. Ant now owns Phoenix and Denver. Dallas is next. Seriously though it's not just him being cheeky. He's trying to embarrass and intimidate opponents. That's how it starts. Within a couple years most players just start shying away.

Jesus that was cringe to read
10DayContract
Veteran

Post#90 » by 10DayContract » Tue May 21, 2024 7:39 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:Dude shot 6-24 and he’s fronting out there. Lmao

Threw a chair that hit a couple people when he lost last year.

This guy will do something stupid to the wrong person someday

What is this talk about 6-24 I keep seeing?

Anyone with eyes who watched that game saw how instrumental Edwards was in that comeback and win lol. He hit so many massive shots and had so many crazy defensive plays.

If you miss more shots than you make in a game, all of sudden you need to be humble for Realgm posters? lol.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,911

Post#91 » by vulture » Tue May 21, 2024 7:47 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:I’m all for the disrespect

The league been way to buddy buddy

Totally fine with it as well. When you win you can talk your ****.
oversteerdawg
Senior
And1: 846

Post#92 » by oversteerdawg » Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm

I don't mind it, I'm sure he heard a lot of smack from the crowd throughout the game. Also, I think his reaction would have been different if someone else confronted him. He respects the Joker
Hon-essim wrote:LOL @John Starks, Charles Oakley, Harper and Davis = average team but Smush, Kwame and Luke = not.
holdenwait
Starter
And1: 1,863

Post#93 » by holdenwait » Tue May 21, 2024 7:58 pm

nothing wrong with what he did. Jokic crying after him why why is kinda weak actually. the dunk attempt going on meanwhile is the stupid move there
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,435

Post#94 » by Jedi32 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:05 pm

Snake3 wrote:Don't got any issues what ANT did.

It's fun and it creates drama. Like Malone saying whose your daddy to the Lakers. It's a fun battle between the fans and the players to get them more engage. Jokic just has a bunch of class and he doesn't do all that. He might've thought ANT was too good for that to do that disrespectful stuff.

If you don't like it, get better and beat them.

A bunch of class like going in for layup in a game that was over?
FrobeBryant
Pro Prospect
And1: 885

Post#95 » by FrobeBryant » Tue May 21, 2024 8:20 pm

I know Jokic doesn't flex on his opponents like that but he certainly has teammates that do so he really shouldn't be talking. Hell even his coach talks wayy too much crap and doesn't show any class in wins, or losses for that matter.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 722

Post#96 » by Chessboxer » Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 pm

Ant clearly said the Nuggets were trashtalking after game 5. If you give it you have to take it, plain and simple. It's not like he is a frontrunner either. He was talking trash when his team was down 3-2 and told the Nuggets locker room staff he would see them in game 7 and he backed it up.

No one had a problem with Coach Malone trash talking the Lakers last year.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,922

Post#97 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

You guys see things that aren't there, he looked Jokic dead in his eyes and never wavered.

Read on Twitter

"Kid in cookie jar" :lol:

Nah, you see a kid trying to look tough. You can tell demn well he shriveled when Jokic got in his face. Jokic got in his face, Ant started back pedaling, and avoided eye contact. He only looked at Jokic after Jokic started to walk away.

These guys know Jokic has a violent temper. Ant is stupid, but he's not THAT stupid.

Lmao, yes direct eye contact and an incredulous look are all the signs of someone afraid.

Next thing you know you guys will start threads with Jokic vs Fury or Usyk.
I love Ant but you can see him shrink and then just kind of sheepishly point in the direction of the scoreboard to try to explain himself. I wouldn't say he was scared but probably somewhat embarrassed by what he'd done in the heat of the moment and the fact that Jokic took offense to it. I get the sense that the two have a lot of respect for each other.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
Camby_Bamby
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#98 » by Camby_Bamby » Tue May 21, 2024 8:52 pm

KembaWalker wrote:its kind of disrespectful, but so is the "man i dont even wanna be here i hate basketball :( just suffering from success" schtick that Jokic does

Amen. Thought I was the only one.
web123888
Sophomore
And1: 183

Post#99 » by web123888 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:58 pm

Who cares. Not everyone has to be the humble Duncan/Jokic type. Different styles and personalities.

Dude is the best player on a team that shocked the world in one of the great comebacks in NBA playoffs history. Also clamped and locked down their #2 option in the 2nd half.

He’s earned it.
Camby_Bamby
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#100 » by Camby_Bamby » Tue May 21, 2024 9:04 pm

Love Jokic, but his fans are becoming unbearable. Psycho analyzing Anthony Edwards by a 4sec clip is insane. They're also everywhere trashing Murray, MPJ, and Gordon after praising them last series. Smh.

Return to The General Board