Lamelo Ball Lawsuit

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,655

Re: Lamelo Ball Lawsuit 

Post#81 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed May 22, 2024 3:35 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:Lamar´s son, enough said

Lamar Jackson? :o

Believe it or not! :nod:
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 327

Post#82 » by AmusingFiddle » Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 pm

LaMello is an idiot no doubt. That does not make him guilty. Lets wait for more info before passing judgement on what happened. Most of us would inadvertently run over someone's foot in certain situations.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,859

Post#83 » by Meeksology » Wed May 22, 2024 4:05 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:LaMelo seems like a real douche in real life. I wouldn't want this clown anywhere near my team

There are still quite a few Warriors fans who think we should have drafted LaMelo, and in that universe he would have played better than Poole in 2022, still won a title, and Draymond didn't punch anyone in 2023, and we are still in the WCF this season.

Bruh. Draymond woulda punched Lamelo his first week into his rookie season. Lamelo is a spoiled child and Dray is unhinged. Not exactly a cereal and milk pairing.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#84 » by Lalouie » Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 pm

Dominator83 wrote:He seems like the type that will never grow up

hard to say. he talked like a 10yr old when he was drafted

i think he acts like an 11yr old now
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,257

Post#85 » by DusterBuster » Wed May 22, 2024 6:41 pm

LaMelo is absolutely spoiled, the whole Ball family is. They're all self-entitled and act like no rules apply to them and have some major arrested development.

Charlotte should move LaMelo while he still has some value. Build around Miller.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,867

Post#86 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 22, 2024 7:00 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Yikes.

Hopefully there's video recording somewhere outside the parking building to make things clear. did the kid rushed the car or did Lamelo drive off right after talking to the kid.

Yeah look. I'm not here to defend Melo. The kid is a complete idiot off the court, he drives like a clown, everything signifies that he's an immature kid.

I will say though - for someone to get close enough to a car where their foot is right by their wheel, they've basically got to be inside the car. It's not easy for you to get your foot that close to a wheel.

There's some blame on anyone who crowds a car when a guy is obviously trying to get away. Still, I think the kid gets some money with this lawsuit.

Don't want to guess how much, but in the 100,000s range I would think. Maybe Melo's legal team tries to drag it out and it gets settled for an undisclosed amount of money, but I'm thinking 6 figures. Just a guess. I'm not a legal expert.
No ears were harmed. Carry on with your Sunday afternoon
MemphisX
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,672

Post#87 » by MemphisX » Wed May 22, 2024 7:02 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:The fact that this got to the lawsuit stage says a lot

If the kid is a fan, something like paying medical bills, a meet and greet, maybe getting some other Hornets swag, and this all goes away and maybe is even a feel good story. Whoever is on LaMelo's team, agent/PR wise, sure dropped the ball big time

Y'all really underestimating who the parents of this kid are. Why is your 11-year-old running up to moving vehicles in the middle of the night? Why is LaMelo who likely never saw the kid, more responsible than the parents? Also, some "parents" use their kids as a ticket for a pay day and have likely been setting this up for awhile.

Incident happened months ago. They are only suing because they couldn’t get information from Ball re:insurance

But are you suggesting the parents of a kid had their kid get his foot run over intentionally?

People have done more for less. Why would you have your 11-year-old running up to a moving car?
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,908

Post#88 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed May 22, 2024 7:02 pm

The police report said the kid had minor injury?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
EmpireFalls
Veteran
And1: 4,923

Post#89 » by EmpireFalls » Wed May 22, 2024 7:13 pm

DusterBuster wrote:LaMelo is absolutely spoiled, the whole Ball family is. They're all self-entitled and act like no rules apply to them and have some major arrested development.

Charlotte should move LaMelo while he still has some value. Build around Miller.

For what?

I constantly hear this, if you’re going to say trade him then suggest a realistic one.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 865

Post#90 » by Soca » Wed May 22, 2024 7:30 pm

MemphisX wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
Y'all really underestimating who the parents of this kid are. Why is your 11-year-old running up to moving vehicles in the middle of the night? Why is LaMelo who likely never saw the kid, more responsible than the parents? Also, some "parents" use their kids as a ticket for a pay day and have likely been setting this up for awhile.

Incident happened months ago. They are only suing because they couldn’t get information from Ball re:insurance

But are you suggesting the parents of a kid had their kid get his foot run over intentionally?

People have done more for less. Why would you have your 11-year-old running up to a moving car?

Smh some of you say anything.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,462

Post#91 » by JellosJigglin » Wed May 22, 2024 8:29 pm

KembaWalker wrote:in case you were wondering why he doesn't stop at that light, this situation is literally why

his car gets swarmed by stupid kids

grossly and negligently drove his car forward when the light turned green :roll:

He would've had to speed off pretty quickly for the kid to not have time to get out of the way. A slow roll before accelerating would've prevented this from happening. Until there is actual video we can't say for sure.
KembaWalker
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#92 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 22, 2024 8:34 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:The police report said the kid had minor injury?

Police report said minor scrape, nothing about any foot or back injuries. This is a lame extortion attempt that you guys should feel dumb falling for. LaMelo and the Hornets have been down bad for a while so I get that’s it’s easy to kick them but this is stupid
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,775

Post#93 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed May 22, 2024 8:50 pm

it's wild how some pro athletes trip over their own two feet into making stupid decisions.
ShootersShoot
Starter
And1: 1,440

Post#94 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 22, 2024 9:51 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:in case you were wondering why he doesn't stop at that light, this situation is literally why

his car gets swarmed by stupid kids

grossly and negligently drove his car forward when the light turned green :roll:

He would've had to speed off pretty quickly for the kid to not have time to get out of the way. A slow roll before accelerating would've prevented this from happening. Until there is actual video we can't say for sure.

Yea, the speed in which he left may have been a factor in the injury. I've had a friend roll over my foot going like 2-3mph in a coupe. Barely felt a thing.
Iwasawitness
Analyst
And1: 4,144

Post#95 » by Iwasawitness » Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 pm

AmusingFiddle wrote:LaMello is an idiot no doubt. That does not make him guilty. Lets wait for more info before passing judgement on what happened. Most of us would inadvertently run over someone's foot in certain situations.

This is a lawsuit though. So it's not even necessarily a matter of whether or not he's "guilty". If he ran over the kids foot, he ran over the kids foot. It's that simple. It's about whether or not that justifies him being forced to give the kids family a large sum of money. Odds are, a settlement will be reached and Melo will end up being less than the kids family demanded, and he'll be doing something else as well to satisfy their family.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,440

Post#96 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 22, 2024 10:14 pm

MemphisX wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

An autograph? Seems infinitely more likely than a plan to bilk an athlete out of money by pinning hopes on your child to getting his foot broken

Also a lawsuit doesn’t take months to get started. It happened, as stated in the article, because they couldn’t get his insurance info
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,440

Post#97 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 22, 2024 10:17 pm

Lawyers will be the first to tell you: police aren’t trained enough in medical to have their opinions be meaningful

If there’s a gap between the incident and a diagnosis from a real doctor, Melos attorney would be incompetent not to flag that. And the family’s attorney would have been stupid to even take the case
MrTribbiani
Junior
And1: 150

Post#98 » by MrTribbiani » Wed May 22, 2024 10:28 pm

This is a nothing burger in the big scheme of things.

Some of y'all are too sensitive like Mike Korzemba and TheFlightMike and treat relatively minor off-court incidents like a damn murder charge.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,636

Post#99 » by Alatan » Wed May 22, 2024 11:49 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Yikes.

Hopefully there's video recording somewhere outside the parking building to make things clear. did the kid rushed the car or did Lamelo drive off right after talking to the kid.

Yeah look. I'm not here to defend Melo. The kid is a complete idiot off the court, he drives like a clown, everything signifies that he's an immature kid.

I will say though - for someone to get close enough to a car where their foot is right by their wheel, they've basically got to be inside the car. It's not easy for you to get your foot that close to a wheel.

Not necessarily. Kid could have been on the crosswalk or the parking lot where he could be ran over.
Memories
Veteran
And1: 5,077

Post#100 » by Memories » Thu May 23, 2024 12:22 am

KembaWalker wrote:

Police report said minor scrape, nothing about any foot or back injuries. This is a lame extortion attempt that you guys should feel dumb falling for. LaMelo and the Hornets have been down bad for a while so I get that’s it’s easy to kick them but this is stupid

LMAO at trusting police reports. Let alone police opinions on medical issues.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:

Return to The General Board