Andrew Wiggins, worst max player ever?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,667

Re: Andrew Wiggins, worst max player ever? 

Post#861 » by taikibansei » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:02 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Multiple doesn't equate to really good.

So, Rubio wasn't a good point guard (or not good enough for your boy Wiggins)? And Thibs,i.e., this guy:

As a defensive coach, he helped the Houston Rockets rank among the Top 5 in the league in scoring defense and field goal percentage defense from 2004 to 2007,[4] and he has helped his team finish in the league's Top 10 in team defense 15 times.[5] He coached in 87 playoff games and was part of the 1999 NBA Finals as an assistant coach with the New York Knicks before joining the Boston Celtics, with whom he won the 2008 NBA Championship, serving as a defensive coach. In 2011, he was named the NBA Coach of the Year after leading the Bulls to a 62-win season. In 2012, he became the fastest coach in NBA history to earn 100 victories and finished as runner-up for Coach of the Year.

You know, the guy who just led the Twolves to their first playoffs in thirteen years, he's not good enough for Wiggins either? :lol:

Great, Thibs won a play in game to get the Wolves embarrassed in the playoffs. Rubio looks much better under a really good head coach, I suspect that Wiggins would look better in Utah as well..

Are you forgetting that the Twolves seemed a lock for the 5th seed until Butler was injured? Oh, and Rubio looks better because he has much better teammates--Gobert is better than Towns, and Mitchell is (much) better than Wiggins.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,742

Post#862 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:06 am

taikibansei wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
So, Rubio wasn't a good point guard (or not good enough for your boy Wiggins)? And Thibs,i.e., this guy:

You know, the guy who just led the Twolves to their first playoffs in thirteen years, he's not good enough for Wiggins either? :lol:

Great, Thibs won a play in game to get the Wolves embarrassed in the playoffs. Rubio looks much better under a really good head coach, I suspect that Wiggins would look better in Utah as well..

Are you forgetting that the Twolves seemed a lock for the 5th seed until Butler was injured? Oh, and Rubio looks better because he has much better teammates--Gobert is better than Towns, and Mitchell is (much) better than Wiggins.

Rubio looks better because the ball is in his hands less and he shoots the three better.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,894

Post#863 » by Zeitgeister » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 am

AssistRubio wrote:Zeitgiester was a HUGE Thibs fan last year. He would criticize anyone who thought Thibs was doing a bad job on the old KFAN forum. Now that basically everyone in the world agrees Thibs is horrific his tune has changed. Make no mistake though you were pretty much his no.1 supporter as recently as last year. You were also a massive Rubio critic and thought he was one of the Wolves biggest problems. What now Zeitgiester?

Not even remotely true. Who were you on the old KFAN forum? I'm not expecting you to actually answer that, not your style.

Many of the Rubio stans wanted Thibs fired when they "put Rubio in the corner" and I said we should give Thibs time before we evaluate how well he's done. I had acknowledged the problem with his minutes management and I didn't expect that to change when he came here. I also don't like coaches having two jobs. But again, what I stressed was give him time, several on Rube Chat wanted him gone after the first month or so. Just because you approach a situation from ignorance and trash him doesn't make you right for doing so.

I thought Rubio's spacing was a problem, because it was. It was also a big problem for Utah until Rubio randomly started hitting threes for the first time in his life. I've said for years, Rubio does a lot of things very well but when you are terrible finishing at the rim and terrible shooting threes and also need to have the ball in your hands to have value on offense, it's really hard to work around that and I will continue to stick by that, the moment that changed is when Rubio was no longer terrible at shooting threes.

How is that relevant to this thread anyway? Are you mad that I'm right about Wiggins?
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.

Return to The General Board