NBA to discuss lebron sitting out.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 403

Re: NBA to discuss lebron sitting out. 

Post#41 » by CzBoobie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 pm

andrewww wrote:
CzBron wrote:
andrewww wrote:
??? .. nice try at a comeback though.

What didn't you understand? Maybe I can help.

maybe playing lebron might have altered the outcome of certain games for starters? if thats not too difficult for you to understand. :D

but then again i wouldnt expect someone with a username of "czbron" to be too objective in this case.

He sat against Chicago, Indiana and Orlando. Orlando was locked at the 2nd seed, Indiana was out of playoff picture, Chicago surely benefited from Lebron sitting but is still not safe, if they lose and Toronto wins, they are out. There is nothing decided. Do you understand what I meant?
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#42 » by andrewww » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 pm

@ czbron

yup nothing is decided of course, but playing or not playing him may possibly have affected the games themselves. the raptors have no one to blame but themselves either way.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#43 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Just like what happened in the NFL, all will be forgotten if the Cavs win it all.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
pro2020
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#44 » by pro2020 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm

This is coming from Disney and Turner, they're putting pressure on the league to put a stop to this since they lose out.
andrewww
General Manager

Post#45 » by andrewww » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Klomp wrote:Just like what happened in the NFL, all will be forgotten if the Cavs win it all.

if im not mistaken, i dont think peyton ended up winning it all even tho the colts sat him down LOL.
No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Post#46 » by No Offense » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Official wrote:Like I said in the previous thread, Lebron sitting out games is absurd.

Yeah, but you don't count. You are a big homer.
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#47 » by calibanPK » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 pm

If this is the case then the NBA should investigate every single Coaches Decision - DNP.

"I paid good money to see bench riding player X to play, hes perfectly healthy and he doesn't get a lick a playing time!! What's up with that!!!" ~ Diehard player X fan

If the NBA investigates this then they are admitting differing star treatment.

What a joke.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#48 » by Spicy P » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 pm

NYK 455 wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:Good. That was complete BS how LeBron plays 35 minutes against the Raptors and then sits out against the Bulls.

The Cavs organization doesn't owe the Raptors anything. If the Raptors wanted to be assured a spot in the playoffs, they should have won more games.

Raptors would have had a spot in the playoffs if Mike Brown didn't hand the Bulls a free win and order Antawn to elbow Bosh in the face and take him out for the rest of the season.
andrewww
General Manager

Post#49 » by andrewww » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:
NYK 455 wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:Good. That was complete BS how LeBron plays 35 minutes against the Raptors and then sits out against the Bulls.

The Cavs organization doesn't owe the Raptors anything. If the Raptors wanted to be assured a spot in the playoffs, they should have won more games.

Raptors would have had a spot in the playoffs if Mike Brown didn't hand the Bulls a free win and order Antawn to elbow Bosh in the face and take him out for the rest of the season.

it would've helped if he played lebron but at this point you really cant blame anyone but the raps themselves for choking away games that were were gimmes.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#50 » by Triumph36 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Branduil wrote:Fans don't like going to games and not seeing star players play.
Fans should use some common sense and realize star players sitting at the end of the season isn't a new phenomenon. It's common and frankly if they're dumb enough to think LeBron or Kobe or whatever star will actually play a meaningless game then they deserve to pay top dollar to watch the bench players play a ton of minutes.

And the league discussing this "issue" is laughable.

SalamiNCheez wrote:
NYK 455 wrote:

Hahahaha.

Oh man, please tell me this is sarcasm. Please.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#51 » by Idunkonyou2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

It is funny how Lebron doesn't want to disrespect Jordan by wearing his number (strange I know), but on the same token is probably disrespecting Jordan by not playing when he is healthy. Lebron is truly the king of contradiction.
Spicy P
RealGM

Post#52 » by Spicy P » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Triumph36 wrote:

It's obvious that David Stern was behind this. He told Mike Brown to rest LeBron against the Bulls and to get one of his players to injure Chris Bosh. They're just using this "meeting" to cover it up.
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#53 » by Bomb_First » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Jamison is probably the last guy on the Cavs that would try and hurt another player.
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#54 » by Bomb_First » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Idunkonyou2 wrote:It is funny how Lebron doesn't want to disrespect Jordan by wearing his number (strange I know), but on the same token is probably disrespecting Jordan by not playing when he is healthy. Lebron is truly the king of contradiction.

I think he is doing it just to piss you off.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#55 » by cucad8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I wish the NBA would have forced Nate McMillan to start Andre Miller over Steve Blake in the beginning of the season. Damn you Stern!!
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#56 » by Idunkonyou2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Bomb_First wrote:
Idunkonyou2 wrote:It is funny how Lebron doesn't want to disrespect Jordan by wearing his number (strange I know), but on the same token is probably disrespecting Jordan by not playing when he is healthy. Lebron is truly the king of contradiction.

I think he is doing it just to piss you off.

Doesn't matter to me. In fact I thought it was smart of the Cavs to rest Lebron.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#57 » by Triumph36 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:
Triumph36 wrote:

It's obvious that David Stern was behind this. He told Mike Brown to rest LeBron against the Bulls and to get one of his players to injure Chris Bosh. They're just using this "meeting" to cover it up.
lol...come on, where's the green font :(
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#58 » by Rerisen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Branduil wrote:Fans don't like going to games and not seeing star players play.

This. Any league talk about LeBron sitting is far more related to this, and bringing in fans, than it is caring for fairness of teams coming down the stretch.

Otherwise, there would be a similar call to discuss teams that have tanked in the past by resting their mediocre players in order to play scrubs. But no one really cares when a non-superstar sits out.
Spicy P
RealGM

Post#59 » by Spicy P » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Do you really need green font? I think it's quite obvious by now I'm not being serious.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#60 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 pm

I don't mind Lebron sitting out and it would be absurd if they tried to do/say anything to him and or the Cavs.

That being said, I get the fan aspect and paying for tickets and the experience of seeing a team with their star player. Instead, of reacting to these situations after the fact come to an agreement in the next CBA and go from there.

The system is what it is, and they shouldn't whine about it.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to The General Board