End of GSW/Blazers game - Warriors with no players left.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Re: End of GSW/Blazers game - Warriors with no players left. 

Post#21 » by Warspite » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:39 am

floppymoose wrote:The refs interpreted the rule to be that a player could not be declared injured if he dressed for the game but had not appeared in the game. So they made Nellie insert his injured players, then foul to stop play, then declare them injured, before they would let him put George back in and take the technical foul that you take when a player fouls out and you have no replacements who have not already been disqualified.

So we had to do this stupid dance where we shuffled Hunter in, then Turiaf, then Morrow, taking each one out at the next dead ball. Nellie was very upset that the refs made him do this.

I think the refs were actually correct, but the rule should probably be revisited to allow a coach to declare any player injured and ineligible, which should then mean that the player cannot enter the game again.

Or you could get rid of the 8 dressed players to start the game rule, and then coaches wouldn't be forced to dress hurt players if the team was shorthanded.

I honestly thought the rule was they had to play with 4 players in that situation. I know my team did it once and we played 4 on 5 untill the other coach gratiously pulled a player and we went 4on4.

Actualy the only rule change is to make the owners sign enough 10 day contracts to make sure they have 8 guys healthy. If your not able to play you must be in street clothes and you have to sign some D leaguers to get to 8 guys.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#22 » by doc.end » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:44 am

I lived with assumptions that team can play in 4 men if there is none other due to fouled out ones. It surely happened somewhere already. Strange ruling that NBA allows fouled player to play the game. it sounds like april fools.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#23 » by carrottop12 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:00 am

Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#24 » by Joel Embust » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 am

Bat wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boId6R7tx1Y

:bowdown:
RapsCA
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#25 » by RapsCA » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:14 am

Lol did Pendergraph just get blocked by an injured Hunter on one leg?
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#26 » by Canada_7 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Wow I definitely needed video for that one. Was just completely confused by word descriptions.
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#27 » by Rendezvous » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Vid please.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#28 » by Joel Embust » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 pm

DiamondX wrote:Vid please.

Four posts above yours, Stevie Wonder.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#29 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 pm

What happens if everyone is injured and you only have 4 players? I know the rule says you HAVE to have 5 players on the court.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,906

Post#30 » by Sofia » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:
DiamondX wrote:Vid please.

Four posts above yours, Stevie Wonder.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#31 » by Copperhead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:33 pm

510TWSS wrote:Heard the Blazers announcers were pretty garbo the whole game just dogging the Warriors.

If anything we can feel vindicated in this win just to shut them up. But yea, Curry was a beast tonight. Was running on empty in the end there, but still good enough to heat up at the right time.

It was so comfortable being in that 3rd spot. I'm still lightweight reeling from the marvelous tank job successfully completed by the Kings. They seriously are awful though. Tied for 4th, 34% chance for top 3.

Could be worse. We could be Toronto.

I didn't see/hear the game but that wouldn't surprise me. They quite often rag on opposing teams/players. Mike Rice's old a** needs to be put out to pasture. :lol:
bjax24
Veteran
And1: 37

Post#32 » by bjax24 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

AnDrOiDKing4 wrote:Steph Curry went LeKobe BryJames on the portlands 3rd stringers.

Hey, that's my copyrighted name. That'll be 5 bucks.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#33 » by rpa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:54 pm

floppymoose wrote:I think the refs were actually correct, but the rule should probably be revisited to allow a coach to declare any player injured and ineligible, which should then mean that the player cannot enter the game again.

I think it'd be hard for coaches to not take advantage of this, especially in must-win games. Consider years ago when Shaq was still a beast. The only way you could hope to stop him was to get him in foul trouble. But if Phil could simply say, at any time, "oh, all these bench guys are injured" that would make for a huge competitive disadvantage.

Return to The General Board