My Tribute To Allen Iverson

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

215paperboy
Junior
And1: 0

My Tribute To Allen Iverson 

Post#1 » by 215paperboy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 am

Let me know what you think:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBWnBk6WE2I[/youtube]
RandomKnight wrote:Nash is better than magic. Nash has similar impact, a better skill set and more versatility.

Flynt Flossy wrote:Which NBA player has the most contagious smile? When you see their smile, it makes you happy inside and makes you want to smile
MSGBallerz
Banned User

Re: My Tribute To Allen Iverson 

Post#2 » by MSGBallerz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 am

Pretty decent. Don't expect too many responses on this board, RealGM is filled with irrational Iverson haters.
Mattsanity
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Post#3 » by Mattsanity » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 am

the most influential player since jordan in my opinion
Antetokounmpo
Veteran
And1: 1,051

Post#4 » by Antetokounmpo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 am

I remember playing NBA Live 2003 or something a couple years ago and I saw a random name with a random face, for me anyway then. I didn't know a single player by their name or anything at that time as I wasn't really a huge fan or anything, it was probably in 2005 or so. Well, there was this little dude with the cornrows that I really started to like, just in this game.. So I remembered his name, later googled it, looked at a lot of the videos, the insane scoring ability and crossover and I really, really got addicted to basketball thanks to this guy and his cornrows, the cool gangsta look that made a 10 (around, at that time) year old boy from Estonia follow, love and play basketball.

So thanks AI for being around. You'll be remembered whenever you actually retire.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#5 » by Puertorique » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:40 am

Future hall of famer, best little man to ever play the game. AI is that dude.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#6 » by Miamis3rdRing » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 am

Just an awesome scorer for his size. Was never a huge fan of his, though I remember reading a magazine article on his life growing up. The guy had a very tough upbringing, and he grew on me after that.

Too bad these past 2 years are probably going to take a hit on his legacy.

Great video, and nice song as well. Nothing worse than a good video, and crappy song.
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,193

Post#7 » by Hobo4President » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:44 am

AI was awesome in his prime, definitely one of the best scoring guards of all time, and he had killer handles. Nice video btw.
Idunkon1stdates
Senior
And1: 22

Post#8 » by Idunkon1stdates » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 am

MSGBallerz wrote:Pretty decent. Don't expect too many responses on this board, RealGM is filled with irrational Iverson haters.

I'm very much a rational Iverson hater. That said, if you didn't care about winning, he was fun to watch when he was on fire.
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by RunMCR » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:33 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skYVPGExgY

this video told me everything about him. WHaaaaaaaaaa iverson is unappreciated whaaaaaaaaaa racism whaaaaaa. cry me a river.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#10 » by Puertorique » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 am

Awesome video. Couple clips I would have added in would have been when he stepped over Lue in the Finals, the MVP presentation, the scene of him crying when being interviewed about how much Larry Brown meant to him and to finish off the clip the scene when he came back as a Sixer and kissed the logo. Those moments of AI really stood out in his career.

Great video though and much better than what I know how to do, plus a great song.
215paperboy
Junior

Post#11 » by 215paperboy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 am

thank you all.i appreciate your honesty. i'm still fairly new to video making but you guys gave me a good idea of what i need to get better... also, even though i'm a lakers fan, being in philadelphia has given me a sense of appreciation for how hard iverson played the game.
RandomKnight wrote:Nash is better than magic. Nash has similar impact, a better skill set and more versatility.

Flynt Flossy wrote:Which NBA player has the most contagious smile? When you see their smile, it makes you happy inside and makes you want to smile
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#12 » by Manocad » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 am

"Salute Me"?
Salutes are given to men and women who are willing to die protecting this country. If Iverson had tried to put more into bettering the team rather than trying to get people to 'salute' him, he might have a ring.

Great ability, bad team player. That's his legacy.
93 Phillies
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#13 » by 93 Phillies » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 am

Manocad wrote:"Salute Me"?
Salutes are given to men and women who are willing to die protecting this country. If Iverson had tried to put more into bettering the team rather than trying to get people to 'salute' him, he might have a ring.

Great ability, bad team player. That's his legacy.

he wasn't an effective winner, but there's more than that as far as how you can affect the game
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#14 » by Manocad » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 am

And that is...? Are you really trying to say that Iverson made the game of basketball better in some way, like he's basketball's Jackie Robinson or something?
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#15 » by dbodner » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 am

Idunkon1stdates wrote:
MSGBallerz wrote:Pretty decent. Don't expect too many responses on this board, RealGM is filled with irrational Iverson haters.

I'm very much a rational Iverson hater. That said, if you didn't care about winning, he was fun to watch when he was on fire.

Lost in Iverson's later years was that he did win quite a bit during the first half of his career. The Sixers were regulars in the playoffs, culminating in that Finals run.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia

Return to The General Board