LB really wanted Iverson...Jordan said No

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bobCatNation
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: LB really wanted Iverson...Jordan said No 

Post#21 » by bobCatNation » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Why was MJ on Iverson anyway. 34 or whatever year old 6'6 dude guarding the 5'11 rookie quickest player ever. MJ contested the shot as well as you could but he was expecting the blow by and got J'd up. you can't guard everything
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#22 » by Jase » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:32 pm

At least Dirk isn't a chemistry-killer.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by RunMCR » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 pm

ITK9 wrote:Jordan is (Please Use More Appropriate Word).If there is one coach whom iverson would play his heart out forthat is LB.Iverson could have helped them in the playoffs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: the only place where Iverson would play his heart out was parties and clubs while faking that his daughter is sick.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#24 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Idunkon1stdates wrote:One of the few smart moves Jordan's made. Charlotte's where they are because of their defense. Iverson subtracts from their defense. Charlotte's a very weak offensive team. Iverson is not a good offensive player. Further, he has become a sideshow in recent years. He had absolutely nothing to offer the Bobcats.

REALLY? He is obviously not the 30+ ppg scorer he once was but to say he is not a good offensive player is just absurd.

Good decision by Jordan though.
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User

Post#25 » by ThreeYearPlan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:MJ's just pissed cause of this.

That's a palming violation and a half

Jordan never heard of that rule
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#26 » by pass first » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

TsunamiZC wrote:Obvious observation is obvious. I applaud your massive intellect.

Thanks. I don't return the favour. Pretty obvious your intellect isn't quite as massive.
You wouldn't have bothered to start posting the obvious yourself then. Or be a hypocrite.
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#27 » by I Never Lied » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

MayoisMemphis wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:
That's a palming violation and a half

Jordan never heard of that rule

Or traveling.......or offensive push off
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by TsunamiZC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:09 pm

pass first wrote:
TsunamiZC wrote:Obvious observation is obvious. I applaud your massive intellect.

Thanks. I don't return the favour. Pretty obvious your intellect isn't quite as massive.
You wouldn't have bothered to start posting the obvious yourself then. Or be a hypocrite.

My remark was in regards to Jordan. You are the one who brought up Dirk. My comment still stands, Iverson has'nt won jack sh11t compared to Michael, neither has Dirk if that makes your feeble self feel any better. 8-)
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#29 » by Prop » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 pm

wow he finally made a good decision! :clap:
spoonhoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#30 » by spoonhoops » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:17 pm

This is a sign that owner Jordan will be a whole lot better than GM Jordan or minority owner Jordan.
Jazz_Man_86 on Favors:

"He is not Dwight Howard. He's max is 20 + 13 + 2 = is this a supers tats? No."

Dwight 2011-2012 - 20.6 Points - 14.5 Rebounds - 2.1 Blocks
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#31 » by I Never Lied » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:23 pm

TsunamiZC wrote:
My remark was in regards to Jordan. You are the one who brought up Dirk. My comment still stands, Iverson has'nt won jack sh11t compared to Michael, neither has Dirk if that makes your feeble self feel any better. 8-)

And niether have Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Payton ect.

There are a lot of players who havent won anything compared to Jordan.....but the fact remains that if Iverson have had the chance to pull this same move on MJ back in 1984 when Jordan still had hair, Michael would have went bald right there on the spot.

AI crossed the holy living shiet out of MJ
Retrolock
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#32 » by Retrolock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, AI might've crossed the holy living shiet out of him, but MJ's laughing his ass off at the end.

So... yeah, if it'll help you make you sleep at night.... :lol:
XD
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by TsunamiZC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 pm

I Never Lied wrote:
TsunamiZC wrote:

And niether have Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Payton ect.

There are a lot of players who havent won anything compared to Jordan.....but the fact remains that if Iverson have had the chance to pull this same move on MJ back in 1984 when Jordan still had hair, Michael would have went bald right there on the spot.

AI crossed the holy living shiet out of MJ

And thats pretty much all you Iverson fanboys have your hat to hang on. His x-over.

huh ? 1984 ..going bald..now you're just talking in hypotheticals and make believe.

BTW a smaller player crossing over a taller player isnt ground breaking in the NBA anymore, Jordan or no Jordan.... The NBA, where switches happen.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#34 » by Edrees » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Hmm would I rather have

6 NBA championships
have gotten crossed over

or

0 NBA championships
not have gotten crossed over

such a tough decision
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#35 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Edrees wrote:Hmm would I rather have

6 NBA championships
have gotten crossed over

or

0 NBA championships

such a tough decision

And in reality, 0 NBA championships probably did get crossed over once or twice.
bobCatNation
Banned User

Post#36 » by bobCatNation » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 pm

CELTICSinME wrote:
Edrees wrote:Hmm would I rather have

6 NBA championships
have gotten crossed over

or

0 NBA championships

such a tough decision

And in reality, 0 NBA championships probably did get crossed over once or twice.

I dunno, its hard to get crossed over when you don't play any defense. I know from experience.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#37 » by Puertorique » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Damn, lot's of AI haters in here. How does it feel knowing he is a first ballot hall of famer?
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#38 » by I Never Lied » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:59 pm

The whole championship argument is so cliché. Everyone knows Jordan is the GOAT but you're fooling yourselves if you think someone as competitive as Jordan wasn’t effected by this massacre of a cross AI put on him.

Case in point, during an interview in which Jordan was asked about the famous John Starks dunk on the entire Bulls organization MJ VEHEMETLY DENIED any involvement in the play stating, "That was on Horace and them, not ME!" MJ was more than adamant on his stance that he wanted no parts of that facial and made it clear to throw his teammates under the bus to absolve himself of any potential embarrassment. How come MJ didn’t just reply: "What does it matter? I have 6 championships" :roll: That’s the only Reason Alonzo has been baptized so many times, because he's not afraid, I cant count how many times I've seen MJ run when people tried to Dunk on Him.

So please don’t give me the regurgitated B.S. about MJ championships curing the pain and suffering his ankles went through.
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by TsunamiZC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I Never Lied wrote:The whole championship argument is so cliché. Everyone knows Jordan is the GOAT but you're fooling yourselves if you think someone as competitive as Jordan wasn’t effected by this massacre of a cross AI put on him.

Case in point, during an interview in which Jordan was asked about the famous John Starks dunk on the entire Bulls organization MJ VEHEMETLY DENIED any involvement in the play stating, "That was on Horace and them, not ME!" MJ was more than adamant on his stance that he wanted no parts of that facial and made it clear to throw his teammates under the bus to absolve himself of any potential embarrassment. How come MJ didn’t just reply: "What does it matter? I have 6 championships" :roll: That’s the only Reason Alonzo has been baptized so many times, because he's not afraid, I cant count how many times I've seen MJ run when people tried to Dunk on Him.

So please don’t give me the regurgitated B.S. about MJ championships curing the pain and suffering his ankles went through.

That crossover is your holy grail of existence isnt it ? how sad :lol:
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by TsunamiZC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Puertorique wrote:Damn, lot's of AI haters in here. How does it feel knowing he is a first ballot hall of famer?

It doesnt bother me, it will most likely happen. His career will always be tarnished by his inabibilty to adapt though.. but its fun to see AI fanboi's freak out when people point that out.

Return to The General Board