The Pau Gasol Bandwagon Must Stop

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Re: The Pau Gasol Bandwagon Must Stop 

Post#81 » by bruddahmanmatt » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 am

nonemus wrote:
HailtoLaker wrote:Trust me, if Gasol was on any other team then with Kobe, he would not be thought of as some great center.

Kobe haters used the Shaq argument against Kobe for the 3 rings, and now they would be caught with egg on their face if they did not try to manafacture this Gasol argument.

You think they are going to say Gasol is just an 18 and 8 player ? LOL NO. They have some how made him to the Euro Shaq.

Gasol plays forward.

And people aren't putting Gasol up on a pedestal to demean Kobe's accomplishments.

Actually, some of them are.
HailtoLaker
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#82 » by HailtoLaker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 am

nonemus wrote:
HailtoLaker wrote:Trust me, if Gasol was on any other team then with Kobe, he would not be thought of as some great center.

Kobe haters used the Shaq argument against Kobe for the 3 rings, and now they would be caught with egg on their face if they did not try to manafacture this Gasol argument.

You think they are going to say Gasol is just an 18 and 8 player ? LOL NO. They have some how made him to the Euro Shaq.

Gasol plays forward.

And people aren't putting Gasol up on a pedestal to demean Kobe's accomplishments.

Gasol has been basically a center for the Lakers. ( Excluding the few minuted Bynum gives them while he is not hurt.)

And yes they are. 18 and 8 is 18 and 8. He is not a dominant big man.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Post#83 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:00 am

zapatasblood wrote:Dallas had a very good starting lineup but no bench or at least that is what I remember. I did forget that the Mavs made the finals since it has been many years ago and they now just choke. Harris, Terry, Josh Howard, Stackhouse(bench) and of course Dirk.

To elaborate there are not many players, if any, that can carry a team deep into the playoffs by themselves. That is almost impossible to do on your own

But we are comparing Nowitzki and Gasol in their abilities to lead their team in the playoff, are we not? If so, Nowitzki is ahead of Gasol in this department by far.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#84 » by joe.linnen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:15 am

Stop hating please, he's a great player and he's on a team that fits him to a T. Gasol is better than Nowitzki too, your just mad because he lights your teams A$$ up everytime we play your second rate team. DONT HATE BECAUSE DIRK DON'T HAVE KOBE TO PLAY WITH, DALLAS WILL NEVER SEE A TITLE.
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#85 » by RunMCR » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:16 am

Bunzilla wrote:It should stop because he's a more efficient player with other fantastic scorers around him? The fact thahe barely dropped off in ppg is amazing. In addition to being much better defensively.

what fantastic scorers? :lol: :lol: :lol: artest, fisher and odom? :lol: :lol:
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#86 » by zapatasblood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 am

Yes that is so since Dirk did make the Finals but what is Gasol have around him the Memphis? Goes with me saying you need players around you to achieve anything. Now I am not saying Gasol is better the Dirk and vice versa because I think it is moot point. All I am saying is I will take Gasol over Dirk because of his toughness.
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
HailtoLaker
Banned User

Post#87 » by HailtoLaker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:19 am

joe.linnen wrote:Stop hating please, he's a great player and he's on a team that fits him to a T. Gasol is better than Nowitzki too, your just mad because he lights your teams A$$ up everytime we play your second rate team. DONT HATE BECAUSE DIRK DON'T HAVE KOBE TO PLAY WITH, DALLAS WILL NEVER SEE A TITLE.

if Kobe and Dirk were on the same team with Bynum and Odom, the Lakers might win 70. You would have two 27 ppg scorers who can score any where on the court.
Laker at Heart
Junior
And1: 2

Post#88 » by Laker at Heart » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 am

HailtoLaker wrote:if Kobe and Dirk were on the same team with Bynum and Odom, the Lakers might win 70. You would have two 27 ppg scorers who can score any where on the court.

Yes, we would be a better team... until Bynum goes down as usual and we are forced to start Mbenga because Dirk can't play center.
HailtoLaker
Banned User

Post#89 » by HailtoLaker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 am

Laker at Heart wrote:
HailtoLaker wrote:if Kobe and Dirk were on the same team with Bynum and Odom, the Lakers might win 70. You would have two 27 ppg scorers who can score any where on the court.

Yes, we would be a better team... until Bynum goes down as usual and we are forced to start Mbenga because Dirk can't play center.

With Kobe and Dirk, Odom, you could probaly with a Theo Ratliff. ( Before the Heat ) now they probaly need everyone.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#90 » by joe.linnen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 am

ahonui06 wrote:
lawrybeard wrote:Don't compare Dirk with Pau in rebounding because it's not even close. Dirk grabs one offensive board a game, which is pathetic for a PF. That's even worse than other outside bigs like Bargnani.

Pau is a career 2.7 offensive boards a game, and last year was a career high 3.7. Pau totally destroys him on the glass.

But, there is also defensive rebounding. DIRK's career average during the regular season is 8.5 Pau's is 9. During the playoffs, DIRK is a better rebounder. DIRK averages 11 in the postseason and Pau averages 10.

The only reason Irk (because he can't play defence on his shadow) pull down more boards that Pau is because Irk only plays like 4 to 6 games while Pau play from 18 to 21 games.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#91 » by joe.linnen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 am

HailtoLaker wrote:
Laker at Heart wrote:

With Kobe and Dirk, Odom, you could probaly with a Theo Ratliff. ( Before the Heat ) now they probaly need everyone.

No because dirk is soft and doesn't play defence. Gasol has balls un like Dirk if you put Dirk on the Lakers we lose a lot, because Dirk can only play Power Forward and thats it if he had to play center he would get raped by everybody. BOTTOM LINE IS DIRK IS SOFT AND HE NEEDS A SUPER STAR GURAD AND POWERFUL CENTER TO COVER UP HIS FLAWS
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#92 » by joe.linnen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:17 am

Siem wrote:I'll chime in, but wont go to deep into because I dont care too much about either player.Thier style of play is so different, and for people saying Pau is the best PF in the Game I dont Agree, but I mean your acting like some1 said Jordan Hill was the best PF. Pau is def in that argument,along with the likes of,Amare,Bosh,Dirk,etc,and all of them including Pau have numerous flaws in there game.The only reason i can think of the analyst making him the run away right now is cuz of the Rings.It's Not like When TD was the top Dog,(you can put KG with him),but these PF's nowadays are all toss ups.its basically what you prefer.I'm a knicks fan,even b4 we got Amare,my opinon was he's the best PF in the league,but sum1 can say Bosh,or Pau or Dirk and have valid points. You say Pau not the best player on his team, he's on a team with Kobe,Dirk wouldnt be the best player on LA. With that said, If I had to pick one to start my team, I'm taking Dirk. I feel Dirk could carry a team further and I have a better chance of winning.Thats going on what I've seen when they both were the main options on there team.I mean Dirk went to the Finals. Its hard to rate Dirk,even the video games 2k11 cant rank him as high as he should be b/c the type of player he is.weird. But He's a scoring Machine, He can rebound when need be, And he poses a weird ass threat. Bottomline theres no clear cut best PF.

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but Bosh should even be in this
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 490

Post#93 » by Showtime:Part2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 am

pau is the best all round (scoring, passing, defense, rebounding, bball IQ, clutchness, mental toughness) pf in the game right now and its not close. dirk is the best offensive big in the game right now and it's not close. dwight is the best defensive big in the game right now and its not close.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User

Post#94 » by ThreeYearPlan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:23 am

joe.linnen wrote:
ahonui06 wrote:But, there is also defensive rebounding. DIRK's career average during the regular season is 8.5 Pau's is 9. During the playoffs, DIRK is a better rebounder. DIRK averages 11 in the postseason and Pau averages 10.

The only reason Irk (because he can't play defence on his shadow) pull down more boards that Pau is because Irk only plays like 4 to 6 games while Pau play from 18 to 21 games.

You're acting like Pau didn't just get lit up by Amare and Garnett in the playoffs last year
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 490

Post#95 » by Showtime:Part2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:32 am

MayoisMemphis wrote:
joe.linnen wrote:

You're acting like Pau didn't just get lit up by Amare and Garnett in the playoffs last year

you do realize kg averaged 15 and 5.6 boards in the finals right?
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#96 » by zapatasblood » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 am

Siem wrote:I'll chime in, but wont go to deep into because I dont care too much about either player.Thier style of play is so different, and for people saying Pau is the best PF in the Game I dont Agree, but I mean your acting like some1 said Jordan Hill was the best PF. Pau is def in that argument,along with the likes of,Amare,Bosh,Dirk,etc,and all of them including Pau have numerous flaws in there game.The only reason i can think of the analyst making him the run away right now is cuz of the Rings.It's Not like When TD was the top Dog,(you can put KG with him),but these PF's nowadays are all toss ups.its basically what you prefer.I'm a knicks fan,even b4 we got Amare,my opinon was he's the best PF in the league,but sum1 can say Bosh,or Pau or Dirk and have valid points. You say Pau not the best player on his team, he's on a team with Kobe,Dirk wouldnt be the best player on LA. With that said, If I had to pick one to start my team, I'm taking Dirk. I feel Dirk could carry a team further and I have a better chance of winning.Thats going on what I've seen when they both were the main options on there team.I mean Dirk went to the Finals. Its hard to rate Dirk,even the video games 2k11 cant rank him as high as he should be b/c the type of player he is.weird. But He's a scoring Machine, He can rebound when need be, And he poses a weird ass threat. Bottomline theres no clear cut best PF.

I get what you are trying to say here but Amare the best PF in the league? Dude is an average and inconstant rebounder, which is a very important stat for a big. Also we all know how bad he is at defense.
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#97 » by etopn23 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 am

Yep, I don't see how Pau is better than Duncan or Dirk. If either one of them were on that Lakers team - the team would improve.
HailtoLaker
Banned User

Post#98 » by HailtoLaker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 am

etopn23 wrote:Yep, I don't see how Pau is better than Duncan or Dirk. If either one of them were on that Lakers team - the team would improve.

shhhhhh. Don't tell that to Kobe haters. They are still in the mindset that with Kobe the Lakers are a 8th seed, and Gasol was the difference from 8 to being a champion,( even though the team was the number 1 seed before they traded for Gasol due to improvement in Bynum's game)
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#99 » by Fran Vasquez » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 am

what op fails to understand is this: those stats are *************without tattoos***************, stats without tattoos work like fiba assists, when you transfer those stats to regular nba stats they grow a lot
doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#100 » by doctorfunk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

HailtoLaker wrote:
etopn23 wrote:Yep, I don't see how Pau is better than Duncan or Dirk. If either one of them were on that Lakers team - the team would improve.

shhhhhh. Don't tell that to Kobe haters. They are still in the mindset that with Kobe the Lakers are a 8th seed, and Gasol was the difference from 8 to being a champion,( even though the team was the number 1 seed before they traded for Gasol due to improvement in Bynum's game)

/FACEPALM

Nobody said that, and you keep on repeating that like some young communist
while I think Kobe Bryant is best sg in the league and probably best player,
I rate Gasol as best PF, I don't see a problem with that. The fact is
lakers were nowhere without Gasol and still would be a first round
cannon fodder without a good big.

Return to The General Board