MJ Contemplating a Return to the NBA at 50....

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Re: MJ Contemplating a Return to the NBA at 50.... 

Post#141 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I wish I had been old enough to appreciate his prime.
actrived
Senior
And1: 9

Post#142 » by actrived » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:I wish I had been old enough to appreciate his prime.

Agreed. I wish I could have seen 85-90 Jordan in action. The man was an athletic freak.
"Being good is good, that'll get you Drew Gooden. But me I want Jordan numbers, [DRose] footin'. Can't guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden."
carbine23
Veteran
And1: 84

Post#143 » by carbine23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 am

I wish I was old enough to watch MJ's legendary skills... :( (Late 80s, early 90s.)
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#144 » by JustAwesome » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

You can see guys who have the same skills as Jordan playing right now. It was his passion and determination that made him legendary.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,356

Post#145 » by D.Brasco » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 am

BR0D1E86 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Here's the video again. I don't think this one is private:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZXvNrA7cs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I don't for a second think he's coming back. But that video really made me miss watching him.

But watching that video should make ppl realize if he came back at 50 he wouldn't be able to do 1/20th of that stuff. It would work better if it was just a compilation of him making flat footed jumpshots. That way it would work as a more accurate comeback preview vid.
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 783

Post#146 » by SSUBluesman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 am

JordansBulls wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:If he can play like Vince is playing now, then he should definitely come out of retirement.

Hell no he shouldn't. Why the hell for? Especially considering he was getting injured when 39 and 40. Imagine him now? He would certainly get injured at his age. This isn't hockey where you are just skating on ice.

:lol:

Yep in hockey they're "just skating on ice". Any physical contact with a player on the opposing team is a suspension and a fine and the ice and boards are actually soft padding that feels like a mattress. Pads and helmets are not needed and just for show.

You should be more concerned about him getting torn apart and embarrassed by the league than a sore back that never goes away...
Naz Reid.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#147 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWeAcPxg_O8[/youtube]

Crap music, great video.
BULLZ1LLA
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#148 » by BULLZ1LLA » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 am

JordansBulls wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:If he can play like Vince is playing now, then he should definitely come out of retirement.

Hell no he shouldn't. Why the hell for? Especially considering he was getting injured when 39 and 40. Imagine him now? He would certainly get injured at his age. This isn't hockey where you are just skating on ice.

Can't be that injured if he played all 82 games and 37.1mpg in final season. I think the only reason he got bad tendonitis the season before was because his knees hadn't adjusted to the NBA grind. And it took a year for him to get that right. He didn't train for long enough before the comeback started. This time he can train with Charlotte for 2 years before he comes back.

Plus hopefully he won't have to 'carry the team' this time. He was carrying those Wizards more than LeBron had to carry the Cavs. The Wizards starting lineup was Jahidi White, Christ Whitney, Richard Hamilton (still learning his craft), and the starting PF was a mix between Popeye Jones, Christian Laettner and sometimes Tyrone Nesby. They also had plenty of injuries.

The thing is, the stats don't matter, if Jordan returns at age 50 and simply 'belongs' on the court it will be the most amazing achievement maybe ever in the history of this league. It will make more headlines than anything he did before.
AlphaWolfAWBA
Senior
And1: 3

Post#149 » by AlphaWolfAWBA » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:30 am

JustAwesome wrote:You can see guys who have the same skills as Jordan playing right now. It was his passion and determination that made him legendary.

exactly...MJ wanted to win more then his peers...this is what separated him...
a proud servant of Lord GawdBE

]

Return to The General Board