WT: Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

WT: Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday 

Post#1 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... tarte.html

Denver wanted Felton, Gallanari, Curry's expiring, another starter, and draft picks for Anthony and Billups. NY said no. Denver is mainly focused on NY and Chicago with Houston and Dallas as possibilities.

Note to Denver: You won't get Noah from the Bulls (and I am happy Bulls won't do that). NY probably won't fold (unless Dolan over-rules management). Unless u want a rental package from Dallas or Houston: JUST COME OUT AND SAY WE WILL NOT TRADE HIM AND KEEP HIM. Saves everyone a headache and all the BS.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,767

Re: WT: Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday 

Post#2 » by omerome » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Wow that proposal is higher than it ever has been discussed in the past.

They want three starters, draft picks and an expiring?!

They can kick rocks to be honest.
Rupert Murdoch
Starter
And1: 1,906

Post#3 » by Rupert Murdoch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Ha ha. I hope Denver ends up losing Anthony for nothing after this year. The Nuggets are a bush league organization.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Post#4 » by DusterBuster » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Denver has been a real pain to deal with throughout this whole fiasco. I can't wait until this is over with. I really hope nothing more than that the Nuggets don't trade him at the deadline, then lose him to NY for absolutely nothing as a FA, then have Nene also up and leave them for some other team, for which they also get nothing.

They've overpaid a weak hand so badly that they deserve to get the Cleveland/Toronto treatment.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#5 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Rupert Murdoch wrote:Ha ha. I hope Denver ends up losing Anthony for nothing after this year. The Nuggets are a bush league organization.

I wouldn't go that far. They just want best deal as possbile. but it seems they are trying to keep Anthony to me with all the high asking price, like they know the other team will say no.
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#6 » by rumdiary » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 pm

The Knicks don't even need to offer a deal, they can just sit and wait for Carmelo to come to them in the offseason.
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#7 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ

IF true you can see why Denver asking for the moon now.

DEN will keep talking trades until buzzer sounds Feb. 24 but case for keeping Melo (compared to settling for so-so trade) gaining credence
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Marc Stein
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Rising belief around NBA that some sort of franchise tag on way, along w/Melo's open lust for extension by June 30, changing tune out there
»
Marc Stein
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Melo staying in Denver would be fitting conclusion to this season-long circus but has become increasingly plausible for couple key reasons
»
Marc Stein
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Oft-cited warning from various teams tonight: Don't be shocked if Nuggets, after season of shopping him, keep Melo past Feb. 24 trade buzzer
Narcist
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#8 » by Narcist » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm

rumdiary wrote:The Knicks don't even need to offer a deal, they can just sit and wait for Carmelo to come to them in the offseason.

Yeah I dont get the rush to give away core players and 1st rounders thats going to allow them to have more depth then the heat...The only explanation is there is a fear hes going to do something else and getting him to NY would change that.

Honestly If I'm Denver I trade him to highest bidder..regardless of what he says hes not re-signing in denver...he would be one hell of a playoff rental to someone though.
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Narcist wrote:
rumdiary wrote:The Knicks don't even need to offer a deal, they can just sit and wait for Carmelo to come to them in the offseason.

Yeah I dont get the rush to give away core players and 1st rounders thats going to allow them to have more depth then the heat...The only explanation is there is a fear hes going to do something else and getting him to NY would change that.

Honestly If I'm Denver I trade him to highest bidder..regardless of what he says hes not re-signing in denver...he would be one hell of a playoff rental to someone though.

him going to Houston won't scare anybody. Them and Dallas are probably only rental teams that would give something in value. Everything else would probably just offer expiring crap (thats why you don't hear about anybody outside Houston and Dallas).
Narcist
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#10 » by Narcist » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Dallas with Melo is very dangerous...but i doubt NY is worried about this playoffs as much as it is worried about him signing with whoever trades for him.
AmareNY
Banned User
And1: 167

Post#11 » by AmareNY » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:08 pm

I would have taken the deal, as I want the Knicks to build the team around Melo & Amar'e. All others are expendable.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,237

Post#12 » by Parasite » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Rupert Murdoch wrote:Ha ha. I hope Denver ends up losing Anthony for nothing after this year. The Nuggets are a bush league organization.

Yeah, how dare they want to get some value for their only superstar who is going to leave them? Shame on them!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 pm

It has long been rumored that the Nuggets are asking for a big package in return for Melo, with the belief that if they do not trade him Melo is either going to not opt out, or will sign his extension. Thing nobody likes to discuss is that the Nuggets still think Melo is not dumb enough to walk away from what could be in excess of $20 million more then what the next CBA will allow anybody to offer.
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#14 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

The Rebel wrote:It has long been rumored that the Nuggets are asking for a big package in return for Melo, with the belief that if they do not trade him Melo is either going to not opt out, or will sign his extension. Thing nobody likes to discuss is that the Nuggets still think Melo is not dumb enough to walk away from what could be in excess of $20 million more then what the next CBA will allow anybody to offer.

I agree. In the end he most likely wants his money more than New York. However, I don't think its a good idea to keep a disgruntled star. Anthony can easily sign the extension and than tell them in private he still wants out. But that's Denver right and they control his future.
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#15 » by nytonm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Donnie's pimp hand is so strong...

AmareNY wrote:I would have taken the deal, as I want the Knicks to build the team around Melo & Amar'e. All others are expendable.

You need something to build with. Otherwise we're just Miami - one star.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#16 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:41 pm

They want all that from NY but would have settled for Bynum?
suns32
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#17 » by suns32 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

New York should get rid of everyone except Fields, Chandler, Douglas, Turiaf and Amare. They will be fine without the rest of the players on the current roster(Felton and Galinari)
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#18 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:They want all that from NY but would have settled for Bynum?

Who said that they would have settled for only Bynum? The rumor I heard was that Bynum was the key piece, and he is more valuable then any 2 of the pieces they would get back from New York.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,767

Post#19 » by omerome » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:51 pm

suns32 wrote:New York should get rid of everyone except Fields, Chandler, Douglas, Turiaf and Amare. They will be fine without the rest of the players on the current roster(Felton and Galinari)

Who will be left for us to be considered fine?

The team will lack any sort of depth and we're going to be stuck with little to no assets for future moves.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#20 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:52 pm

The Rebel wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:They want all that from NY but would have settled for Bynum?

Who said that they would have settled for only Bynum? The rumor I heard was that Bynum was the key piece, and he is more valuable then any 2 of the pieces they would get back from New York.

The center that plays 40 games every year? I don't think we're on the same page here.

Return to The General Board